Morneau Shepell

Morneau Shepell Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Retirement Consultant
Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 19, 2014
Pros: my co-workers were nice. free coffee!
Cons: long hours, low pay, management lacks competence.
My job description was nothing close to the role. There is no support for employees. Compensation is lacking and is all over the place from employee to employee. Alan Torrie and Bill Morneau are not competent leaders and the employee engagement reflects this. There's been too much growth through acquisition. I'm surprised they have so much HR consulting – more... for other companies when they lack the policies and processes in house. Every department is short staffed and it appears to be a company strategy to save money. Great for shareholders, bad for employee morale. Senior management thinks it's great that Morneau Shepell employees are huge users of the EFAP. So sad. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Client Care Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioNovember 17, 2014
Excellent colleagues to work with. Team atmosphere where everybody is willing to go the extra mile.
Average company
Financial Analyst - Bilingual (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 12, 2014
*Average Company
*Low compensation with very little increase
*Management do not treat you like an adult
*The tasks did not match the original job description. I found myself doing call center and being hooked to the phone all day long.
*Do not recommend this company
Productive and fun workplace, with fusball as a great team sport!
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great folks especially in peer groups, friendly, and fun place
Cons: stagnation on roles for years, pick-and-choose style office politics
Good work culture. Colleagues especially peers are better and nice.
Fast working environment
Accounts Receivable and Cash Applications (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
First couple of days was a little tough with a lot of information however I learned a lot from this place with 6 months contract.
Amazing place to help employees in need of support
Employee Assistance Clinical Care /Team Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKApril 28, 2014
Pros: assisting people in crisis providing them with support
Cons: managment
 Initially respond to crisis calls and ensure a Client Care Counselor assists client until resolution.
 Connect clients with services and referrals within their area that provides support for immediate needs.
 Manage Call Center coverage and scheduling
 Collect and analyze client eligibility based on employment contract with company.
 Detailed – more... record keeping
 Provide information on Shepell•fgi programs and services
 Manage client/Provider escalations and resolutions – less
Excellent Working Atmosphere
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2014
Excellent work atmosphere
Life/ Work Balance is easy to maintain.
Management provides support and gives you time to adapt and learn.
Professional environment, great learning experience
Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 23, 2014
I worked at Morneau Shepell for a 4 month co-op placement. It was a full time job where I learned a lot of computer skills including Microsoft Office and how to work well in a professional office environment. My co-workers varied in age, back-ground, and roles in the office, so I learned to appreciate everything that each individual contributed. I really – more... enjoyed working in Microsoft office designing spreadsheets and drafting reports. – less
Intersting
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2014
• Managed and implement strategic relationships with key contacts from C- level prospects and third party advisors, aligning value driven goals, corporate objectives and client vision to lead prosperous partnerships.
• Championed a series of new business opportunities from conception to fruition
Client: A benevolent fund
During preliminary conversations, – more... the client presented a concept/vision of emergency support for their members – less
N/a
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: lack of upward mobility
A good place to start a career. Lots of interesting and exciting people to meet.
Daily Tasks
Corporate Communications Coordinator, (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Tasks on a typical day writing and editing press releases, HTML coding and event management
reliable and friendly organization
Facilitator /Trainer/Keynote Speaker/Coach (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2014
Great system for offering requests to facilitators. My contacts were polite, friendly and understanding.

The hardest part of the work was the part time nature of it and the most enjoyable aspect of the work was also the part time nature of it!
Met some friends
Defined Contribution Pension Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Pros: jean days on friday's
Cons: people talking behind peoples backs and pretending to be their friends
Did daily trades in the morning
Co-workers weren't the best of people, there was so much gossiping about other people. Not the environment I liked
Hardest part was when you have several people at once demanding things from you. Tellin you that it's top priority and that theirs was more important than the others.
The most enjoyable part was I met a lot – more... of friends that I will cherish for the rest of my life. – less
Excellent Compay
Recruiter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Morneau Shepell/Shepell fgi is an excellent company to work for. The people and culture were the best.
Productive and fun
Fulfillment Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2013
Great environment and management there is a lot of opportunities to explore in various departments.
Professional and dynamic environment
EAP Regional Counsellor: (Current Employee), Yellowknife, NTApril 22, 2013
Pros: a free trip to head office a year to meet with all the counsellors in our region
Cons: having to see so many clients per day and having to work two long evenings a week.
The expectation of the company is to see 6-7 clients daily. A typical day is reviewing daily/weekly schedule, make adjustments and changes as necessary. Check for messages both phone and email to see if their are any cancellations or new clients. Follow up on clients who have not rebooked, have not showed up for appointments or need to have their file – more... closed. I have become quite proficient in the solution focused approach to counselling. I have learned how to wrap up sessions more effectively and how to listen more attentively. I work autonomously in my office but have once a month check in with peers. Monthly staff meeting via telephone.
The most difficult aspect of the work is the push to see so many clients per day. The most enjoyable is to see the clients achieve their goal and experience success with the counselling. – less
Where Too Start
Health Management Intake (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 19, 2013
Pros: employees
Cons: long hours, large workload, poor wage and bad management
Morneau Shepell is a "JOKE" I am surprised that they are still in business, I guess they would be in business because they pay their employees peanuts. The workload is CRAZY they pile and pile on work but too cheap to pay their employees. Upper management is the worst, they are big children that sit around and gossip about other coworkers.

The only – more... thing that is great about the company is the employees, you will never ever find a bunch of amazing ppl.

My department that I worked in was health management department we processed all the STD claims. Management is a joke, they are too busy feeding their fat behinds to do actually work. Clients are in the process of suing the company due to lack of communation from case workers. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose that contract.

My advice too anyone who is looking at this company is look twice, have this company as your last resort. – less
Horrible place to work
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 17, 2013
Pros: good pension matching program
Cons: horrible management
- Management is awful. No people skills and no value for the employees. They don't know how to effectively manage whatsoever. They also have no problem telling others on your private issues.
- No Rewards or Recognition's.
- No Advancement.
- Expect to stay late but don't expect it to be appreciated.
- If you work your "required hours" and get your job – more... done, they still view you as a slacking employee.
- Promises will be made but never kept.
- HR is horrible. Don't ever expect to get help from them or to have issues solved because it will never happen. You will end up being burned badly. Their easiest way to solve problems is just to let go people instead of solving the issues. In their eyes, you're always wrong.
- Very disorganized
- They're only about money money money. If you have to cover 3 jobs, that's just perfect for them. – less

April 21, 2013

yes no one helps an employee HR is useless and just answers to higher mgmt. instead of listening to valid concerns. EAP refers employees to speak with HR about work concerns and that is just a nail in the coffin for the employee

Not a good employer
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2013
Cons: not transparent, overwork case manager and terminate people who have been on std or request accommodation
Company does not champion ethical treatment of older workers and those with disabilities who request accommodation
Work here if you want to work like a robotic slave
Organizational Health Solutions Dept. (Former Employee), n/aMarch 21, 2013
Pros: good colleagues
Cons: expected overtime
You don't want to work here.

This company piles on the daily unpaid overtime work and it is expected. Should you get backed up, it is looked at as a performance issue. What disrespect.

Coaching isn't provided by management, as there isn't genuine care or concern about staff. The company prides itself on being leaders in mental health, yet they don't – more... have any internal processes in place to support employees at an organizational level.

You are constantly in fear of losing your job. There are no warnings. Good workers drop off like flies. If you don't kiss butt, you are let go for no good reason. Screw how good you are as a worker. It means nothing.

The company doesn't care to provide quality work to their clients. Nor do they care what interests or concerns you have. So initiative and innovation by employees isn't welcome. Instead, you are to nod your head and work like a robot. – less

April 13, 2013

Thank you I totally agree!!

April 13, 2013

Yes I was part of mass 70 + employees terminated for " we don't require you anymore". Funny how hard I worked helping others who were behind in work as we all were overloaded at times and got no support. For a company that promotes itself as a mental health leader and has EAP this is a joke. I know of at least 2 employees who were terminated after coming back from sick leave for mental health reasons . Human Rights complaint anyone? I will tell anyone who asks run like hell if you are offered a job there. Only people who are butt kissers and friends of managers get protected. It is disgusting.

About Morneau Shepell

Morneau Shepell helps organizations reduce costs and improve their competitive positions by supporting the financial security – Read more