IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Operations Manager
BASIC FUNCTIONS: Help drivers, other helpers, lift truck operators and yard personnel to load and unload trucks manually and/or using equipment supplies by the company.
- Prepare, loads and unloads the trucks manually and/or using equipment supplies by the company
- Stacks, places and covers merchandise carefully on the trucks to avoid damages during transportation.
- Verifies the equipment for safety and secures merchandise with straps, ropes, corner guards, tarpaulins and other equipment as per the type of products to secure with equipment supplied by the company.
- Follows the drivers instructions
- Prepares the openings and the floor are for the placement of material.
- Always wears hard hat, safety boots including other personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed when exiting the truck cab. Follow the Act and Regulations applicable when on jobsites.
- Other duties as assigned. When not sure ask your supervisor.
- Follow compliance of Health and Safety policies and procedures at all time.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in heavy lifting is an asset.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Good interpersonal, communication and Customer Service Skills
- Problem solving.
- Knowledge and ability to use safe lifting techniques.
- Strength (lift, carry, push and pull): Maximum lift, 100 lbs.; Frequently lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, with manual dexterity and see acute depth perception and field of vision.
- Trunk rotation with 20 lbs. at arms length 180 degrees from side to side.
- Bend, stoop or squat to floor level on a repetitive basis.
- Reach over head to grasp materials.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work outside in temperatures ranging from extreme heat to extreme cold.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION (Not required but a plus to have): Valid WHMIS Certification, Valid Basics of Fall Protection Certification.