Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
professional working experience
Financial Training Internship (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: nice building
Cons: not really a work
If this is how much you can learn from an internship, you should apply now. First of all, training is the most important part in this internship. Learn stocks, market, bonds and SSN.
My very First Corporate Job
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2014
Learned a lot at this job and met some of my mentors in life. Would not have changed this experience for the world.
Nice
Contact Center Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2014
Nice place to work for. Every manager I have worked for has been a pleasure to work with. The work from home option is excellent especially for those with long commutes and families.
advisor program needs an upgrade
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), NJJune 29, 2014
good place to start but MS needs to offer more support to new advisors in the form of comp and training. program should be more flexible to support advisors with various levels of experience and knowledge.
Great place to work for people with interest in Financial world....
Senior .Net Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2014
It is one of the best company to work, with great people with great knowledge and best is class managers.

Being here for 4 years, with the help of every one in the project involved, I have learned a lot about the financial world. All my client people were very much co-operative and have helped me to get a good comfort with the work in short time span.
Business savvy and effective
Executive Assistant, FAA Selection and Development (Current Employee), Purchase, NYJune 26, 2014
Morgan Stanley is a great company to work for, very diverse and multi-cultural, a typical workday is very seamless because of the proccesses in place that allow you to work efficiently and accurately, What I've learned about management is there is always a open door policy and they are very helpful and approachable.
Good company. Professional and friendly environment.
IT Business Analyst and Technical Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job - meeting Business Clients for new projects preliminary analysis/design.
Was hired as a financial advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2014
A globally recognized broker/dealer where I developed my sales skills and faced challenging quotas.
Productive and exciting also very nice atmospere
Senior Cashier (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJune 24, 2014
Pros: christmas bonuses
Cons: my low wage
If this is in reference to my job at Morgan Stanley- I handled all administrative duties. Took in checks and copied and mailed UPS every day. I worked on a system to do some data entry. I filed files each day. I was the first person clients saw and maintained a professional role. I took in checks. I answered phones. I learned quite a bit since it was – more... my first time working in an investment company. Management was wonderful, I still maintain a friendship with my boss who was head of Operations. The hardest part was learning the investment language which was constantly going on. The job was wonderful. I truly enjoyed working there. Never felt bummed going to work! – less
a very great company to work for,
claims processor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits, good pay
Cons: lack of keeping employees informed of layoffs
I really enjoyed working with the company, very fast pace, I meet at a lot of good people there, I had very good supervisors, I really miss working there.
Dynamic and Fast-Paced Work Envirinment
DCM Advisor (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 24, 2014
There is no typical day in DCM, there are several task that you have to do usually, but you have to learn to prioritize as you never know if its going to be a calm day or a non-stop day. Task in DCM include pitching, doing presentations, following the markets, sending relevant information to clients, coordinating with other divisions or analyzing data.
good
Senior Process Associate (Current Employee), PuneJune 23, 2014
 2+ years of experience as a part of level 2 Application / Technical Production Support Team with working knowledge of Unix, SQL, autosys job scheduling ,Servicenow ticketing tool, RapidSQL.
 Analyze, investigate and provide support to Morgan Stanley infrastructure Autosys jobs that ensure the daily data accurate, secure and on time.
 Provide support – more... to Morgan Stanley financial application such a trading application Pricing Renovation Database and Daily pricing,
 Provide production support to email/user request of regarding any issue with end of day prices.
 Working in job scheduling using autosys tool
 Having good knowledge of UNIX commands (grep, mail, cat, ssh, chmod, find, etc).
 Experience working in 24/7 support fixing production bugs.
 Incident/ problem management and impact analysis.
 Customer support, incident tracking, root cause. – less
Great company but some managers much better than others
Operations (Former Employee), Canary Wharf, ENGJune 23, 2014
Great well known company, with good salary and benefits.
As with any financial services company there are regular redundancies and work life balance is limited unless you're a gym user and can go during the day...
Loved it!
RRQA Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2014
Great Experience. Learned a lot. Basel III.
Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance.
I would never get back working for this company
LEAD DEVELOPER (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 18, 2014
Office politics the most needed skills. Company does not care about their employees whatsoever.
Great workplace, awesome ice cream social events
Manager (Former Employee), Purchase, NYJune 18, 2014
Pros: awesome ice cream social events
Cons: department moved to another state
I worked at Morgan Stanley for 8 years. I started off as an Analyst Paralegal in the Levy and Garnishment Unit. I was promoted to Manager two years later in 2007. My Unit was supervised by one attorney. Overseeing the Levy and Garnishment Unit came with a lot of risk as well as a voluminous flow of work day to day. Legal correspondence was received – more... from the Internal Revenue Service, various state tax departments, child support enforcement units and
Unified Court Systems. Every document received required a timely response. The work also required a great attention to detail. One small detail missed could result in the firm being held liable for non-compliance. My day usually started around 8:30 and at times would not end until about 6-7pm. I interfaced daily with colleagues, internal branches, various departments and agencies. The hardest part of the job for me was knowing when to say when day to day. However, the most enjoyable part was achieving positive results with such a high volume of work and the ice cream social events did not hurt either. My colleagues and I had a great working relationship and for that I am truly thankful. Sadly, my department was moved to Baltimore, Maryland in November, 2013. However, working for Morgan Stanley was a great experience. It taught me so much. I've learned to manage great volumes of work without compromising my ability to pay close attention to detail. My department accomplished managing high volume while maintaining very low risk to the firm. – less
Great place to start
Cash Management Analyst III (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 17, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: very little career advancement
It is a younger company and the employees like to have fun. Most positions are structured.
Financial Advisor training program needs improvement.
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 12, 2014
Financial Advisor training program needs improvement. Success rate far too low for a reason.
Strong company with great culture
Cash Management Operations Analyst II (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2014
My branch helped entry level analysts become accustomed to the real corporate world.
operations
Operation (TPMG) (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 11, 2014
Pros: was a great balance of work
Working at Morgan Stanley was a great experience. I learned a lot met great people and would have loved working there full time. My time was cut short due to Hurricane Sandy and the office switching locations. But I learned a lot while working there. The management was great and easy going, the job balance was steady so you rarely got swamped. The location – more... was great with Downtown Brooklyn really on the rise. I still have great relationships with the co workers I had while working there. A typical day at work was coming in and doing the treasury report for my supervisor, then at lunch putting together the SPO's and getting them authorized by two levels of management, and then my day to day job was working with up to 30 clients per month making sure the fails charge that we had with them for each month matched up with there's. If they did not then we would go back and forth until it was figured out. – less

About Morgan Stanley

One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates in three primary – Read more

Morgan Stanley Photos