Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Behemoth of a company with little personal touch
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2014
It was a decent transitional period job, but the work environment was not to my liking. Constantly felt like I was just another numbered cog and had little personal touch.
Very busy work schedule with long hours.
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 19, 2014
Pros: good experience.
Cons: growth.
A typical day would be manage and assigning approximately 250-500 incoming emails to various team members. Liaise with claims team located in Glasgow regarding risk global risk. Supervise the Hybrid products process consisting of continually increasing number of products. Create various reports including BD trade failures, Baltimore account balancing – more... and email activity.Perform various ad hoc projects including validating failing trades and dividend reinvestment and train new analyst and temporary employees various dividend processes. I have learned to multitask at a very high pace, work efficiently under pressure, use time management and importance to organize task throughout the day and to lead by and teach by example. My co- workers are learning and becoming stronger members of the team daily. We work as a team to bring down risk and keep clients happy by close of business each day. The hardest part of the job is the hours spent as I begin work at 8AM and close at 6PM. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning an existing process and modifying the process to make it easier and less time consuming for future employees. – less
Very professional Culture
Professional Training Consultant (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYMay 19, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Excellent firm to work for as well as a professional environment and great working culture.
Amazing company to work for
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILMay 18, 2014
In my years at Morgan Stanley i learned so much and had a wonderful working experience.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 16, 2014
The days were productive and; I enjoyed working with my counterparts. The teams I worked with were cohesive and professional.
Productive place to work
Desktop Support/Desktop Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 15, 2014
I learned new skills and great place to work. Worked with a great team that is filled with talented people that are ready and willing to share knowledge.
Family like culture
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 14, 2014
Great company to work for! The environment was easy going and management treated us like family.
typical large corporation
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: 9 hour days at least
Large company with very good benefits. Year to Year compensation increases not so good.
Overall not bad if you like the large company atmosphere.
Professional Work Environment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Northfield, NJMay 14, 2014
The administrative staff is very helpful and attentive. Helping clients achieve their goals is rewarding.
Productive and informative place to work
Client Onboarding Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 10, 2014
Extensive, industrialised process for onboarding in place in their Fixed Income teams.
A very professional atmosphere
Client Tax/Cost Basis Analyst (contract) (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 8, 2014
Pros: coffee
Cons: heathcare
A very professional atmosphere for anyone entering the finance industry
Fun Work, Fun Colleagues, Fun Company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 8, 2014
Pros: amazing work environment
Australian Process - 3 GLobal

Working here never did seem like work because the work was just helping clients get better.
Sales just happened on the go just understanding clients needs and sold was the conclusion.

Workmates always had a high level of enthu with constant meetings and team activities.

Work was fun and new everyday. Awesome place to – more... work. – less
Developed & created Test Cases & helped in manual testing .
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMay 6, 2014
Responsible for tested loan approvals for compliance with company policies and guidelines; evaluated credit risk. Conduct required underwriting procedures for all secured loan applications.
Great place to learn and develop skills
Financial Analyst-Legal and Compliance Division (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: job insecurity
Good place to learn and develop skills. Co workers were nice and very helpful. Unfortunately, the company has poor job-security. I survived two layoffs.
Good Place
Internship (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 5, 2014
Worked as an intern for a year. Good people and great atmosphere.
Great company to work with
Qlikview Lead (Current Employee), Stanley, NYApril 30, 2014
I liked working here. It gave me an excellent opportunity to learn and use my expertise. Had a wonderful team to work with and the management was awesome!
n/a
Project Manager-Investment Products Development (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2014
prefer no to disclose on a webpage.Please feel freee to contact me with any questions.
Too large and to many issues after merger
Senior Registered Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
I work for a financial advisor that manages $1B in assets. A typical day consists of heavy phone coverage and responding to client requests, such as transferring securities between accounts, wiring funds, and sending checks. I prepare/complete client forms and work with the advisor and staff (two other advisors, a second CFP in addition to the primary – more... advisor, and two CFAs) determining strategies for clients funds and situations. We take clients through a rigorous financial planning process that covers all areas of life, including insurance, annuities, long term care, lending, wills, estate planning, retirement planning, and philanthropic strategies. I open accounts, establish them on management (on our discretionary platform where we 100% manage the funds and with 3rd party money managers), prepare research and performance reports for client meetings, and countless other similar tasks.

I originally started with this company when it was Smith Barney. It was a nice place to work with a family environment. Since the merger with Morgan Stanley and subsequent conversion to the newly created platform from the legacy Smith Barney platform, the firm has been an incredibly difficult place to work. Without overly going into detail, the entire culture of the firm was destroyed and turned into an enormous, sterile atmosphere. You cannot compete simple tasks nor can you get help when you actually need it. It’s truly depressing to see people constantly leave for greener pastures (basically anywhere not named Morgan Stanley), and to have difficulty completing the simplest of tasks.

I’m a great associate, but after 5 years in my current role, I’m throwing in the towel with the firm. For a company that claims it’s completely for people growing and moving up, it’s interesting that not anyone actually can move up. I’ve been trying for over a year to switch departments because I am looking for a change, and the only people that fill the positions are people already in those departments, or new people to the firm. That was admitted to me first hand by my Human Resources representative. I can no longer work for a company that does not actually care about its employees, nor will it actually listen to them. – less
Problem solver.
Service Associate (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 21, 2014
Pros: wide range of in depth tasks.
Cons: compentation
Morgan Stanley is a fast paced work environment. On any day I would; approve all money movement coming in and out of the firm, assist the financial advisors, and ensure a smooth work flow.
A great work environment
Equity Operational Associate, Trade Support Group (Current Employee), MumbaiApril 17, 2014
Great place to work at.

Looking to work with some international brand in London.

About Morgan Stanley

One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates in three primary – Read more