Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional Work Environment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Northfield, NJMay 14, 2014
The administrative staff is very helpful and attentive. Helping clients achieve their goals is rewarding.
Productive and informative place to work
Client Onboarding Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 10, 2014
Extensive, industrialised process for onboarding in place in their Fixed Income teams.
A very professional atmosphere
Client Tax/Cost Basis Analyst (contract) (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 8, 2014
Pros: coffee
Cons: heathcare
A very professional atmosphere for anyone entering the finance industry
Fun Work, Fun Colleagues, Fun Company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 8, 2014
Pros: amazing work environment
Australian Process - 3 GLobal

Working here never did seem like work because the work was just helping clients get better.
Sales just happened on the go just understanding clients needs and sold was the conclusion.

Workmates always had a high level of enthu with constant meetings and team activities.

Work was fun and new everyday. Awesome place to – more... work. – less
Developed & created Test Cases & helped in manual testing .
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Vernon Hills, ILMay 6, 2014
Responsible for tested loan approvals for compliance with company policies and guidelines; evaluated credit risk. Conduct required underwriting procedures for all secured loan applications.
Great place to learn and develop skills
Financial Analyst-Legal and Compliance Division (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: job insecurity
Good place to learn and develop skills. Co workers were nice and very helpful. Unfortunately, the company has poor job-security. I survived two layoffs.
Good Place
Internship (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 5, 2014
Worked as an intern for a year. Good people and great atmosphere.
Great company to work with
Qlikview Lead (Current Employee), Stanley, NYApril 30, 2014
I liked working here. It gave me an excellent opportunity to learn and use my expertise. Had a wonderful team to work with and the management was awesome!
n/a
Project Manager-Investment Products Development (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2014
prefer no to disclose on a webpage.Please feel freee to contact me with any questions.
Too large and to many issues after merger
Senior Registered Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
I work for a financial advisor that manages $1B in assets. A typical day consists of heavy phone coverage and responding to client requests, such as transferring securities between accounts, wiring funds, and sending checks. I prepare/complete client forms and work with the advisor and staff (two other advisors, a second CFP in addition to the primary – more... advisor, and two CFAs) determining strategies for clients funds and situations. We take clients through a rigorous financial planning process that covers all areas of life, including insurance, annuities, long term care, lending, wills, estate planning, retirement planning, and philanthropic strategies. I open accounts, establish them on management (on our discretionary platform where we 100% manage the funds and with 3rd party money managers), prepare research and performance reports for client meetings, and countless other similar tasks.

I originally started with this company when it was Smith Barney. It was a nice place to work with a family environment. Since the merger with Morgan Stanley and subsequent conversion to the newly created platform from the legacy Smith Barney platform, the firm has been an incredibly difficult place to work. Without overly going into detail, the entire culture of the firm was destroyed and turned into an enormous, sterile atmosphere. You cannot compete simple tasks nor can you get help when you actually need it. It’s truly depressing to see people constantly leave for greener pastures (basically anywhere not named Morgan Stanley), and to have difficulty completing the simplest of tasks.

I’m a great associate, but after 5 years in my current role, I’m throwing in the towel with the firm. For a company that claims it’s completely for people growing and moving up, it’s interesting that not anyone actually can move up. I’ve been trying for over a year to switch departments because I am looking for a change, and the only people that fill the positions are people already in those departments, or new people to the firm. That was admitted to me first hand by my Human Resources representative. I can no longer work for a company that does not actually care about its employees, nor will it actually listen to them. – less
Problem solver.
Service Associate (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 21, 2014
Pros: wide range of in depth tasks.
Cons: compentation
Morgan Stanley is a fast paced work environment. On any day I would; approve all money movement coming in and out of the firm, assist the financial advisors, and ensure a smooth work flow.
A great work environment
Equity Operational Associate, Trade Support Group (Current Employee), MumbaiApril 17, 2014
Great place to work at.

Looking to work with some international brand in London.
Fun place to work
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: good job for long-term commitment.
Cons: low pay, minimal raises.
Working in my MS branch office was like working with family. We were all on the same team & liked the company. Chances for
moving up the ladder were slim due to logistics but if you're
willing to relocate the possibilities improve. We had a great manager
who everybody liked, too which made working there more
enjoyable. We were treated fairly & kept – more... in the loop about what
was going on at all times. – less
Equity Structuring
Associate, Equity Structuring and Valuations Desk (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2014
Pricing, Valuation and Model Risk review of all Equity Structured Products traded by Morgan Stanley in North America
Great management
Sales and Trading Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 14, 2014
Pros: management has good people
Cons: intellectually unstimulating
Management goes out of their way to protect junior people. Head of institutional equity cares about the junior people and retaining talent.
Got lot of learning oppurtunities
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIApril 13, 2014
A day at work some times easy and some times very busy day. Learned how to react to situations during any outage or issues. My team mates and managers are very helpful, month end Friday evenings are always fun day.
Morgan Stanley
Help Desk Support Technician III Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 11, 2014
Face pace working environment,there is no micro-management this is not recommended for entry-level workers.
Intern Beijing, China (Former Employee), 北京市, C22April 10, 2014
In Investment Banking Department, there's a lot to do and to learn. It is a great place to work, nice co-worker, nice office, nice job
Great firm
Private Wealth Advisor (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 10, 2014
Enjoy working with the employees, clients and for a prestigious Wall Street Firm. The wealth advisory business is lucrative and different from investment banking and corporate finance. I seek to realign my career and apply these skills, and an energy industry expertise as well, back to my former career.
Great career possibility
Morgan Stanley in a Client Service Associate (Former Employee), philadelphia, paApril 9, 2014
Had a great experience with MS, a great company to work for. I covered five Financial Advisors and worked in a extremely fast paced environment. Overall, I had a rewarding and educating experience.

About Morgan Stanley

One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates in three primary – Read more