Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work with friendly colleague
Prime Brokerage Margin Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free coffee and tea
Cons: stessful sometime with all the deadline.
Very nice working environment, have all the training and tools to get the job done efficiently. Always looking for new ideas and technologies to reduce work volume and error.
MS Research is an awesome place to work
Product Owner/Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2014
MS tech is an awesome place to work
Technology platform are cutting edge
MS tech are industry leaders in finance
Fun and exciting place
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Iselin, NJAugust 6, 2014
Pros: face paced environment
Cons: typical office gossip
Excellent company to work for if you enjoy a fast paced environment.
productive environment with sense of relaxation
Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
Among the top productive financial firms where I truly learned a lot from outside of my major. Co-workers made me feel welcomed and was a great start to getting my foot in the door out of college.
People are overworked with false hopes of compensation.
Vice President (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
Pros: excluding management, people are the best you can ever expect to work with.
Cons: management needs to wake up and place a priority to their employees, if not they will lose the knowledge expertise.
Management is blind to the actual work that is being completed. The tight deadlines are unachievable and as a consequence deliverables are severely impacted.
Interactive & Productive environment
IT Lead - CRE Lending and SPG Warehouse Lending (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: down times
Typical day at work

Catch up with Desk & Strats about on-going projects and set up priorities,
Talk with team members in Budapest & Montreal to inquire about their progress and whether they have all information to accomplish their tasks,

Most enjoyable part of the job

When we receive a 'Well done job' email from the desk about deliverables
Challenging but positive working atmosphere
Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Assisting high demanding financial advisors and outside vendors with issues and inquires. I acquired strong interpersonal skills and developed a strong customer service background. Management created a good work/life balance for employees and lead by example.
My years at Morgan Stanley have allowed me to meet and worked with some amazingly talented – more... and smart people, some of whom I have developed lifetime friendships with.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting challenging tasks completed in a timely manner. – less
productive
Wealth Management Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 3, 2014
sent out prospectus for ipo's and new funds. Cold call to expand the book of business of my team. Assisted with trade notes on a daily basis. Handled all clerical issues.
great organization to work with
Module Lead (Former Employee), Pune, IndiaJuly 30, 2014
Is very organized and focused on work.
Has clear defined goals to achieve.
Excellent work environment
Financial Research (Current Employee), Manchester, New HampshireJuly 29, 2014
I have sincerely enjoyed my time with Morgan Stanley. The opportunity to work with a respected company has proved invaluable.
Reputable financial company
In-house Counsel (Former Employee), Purchase, NYJuly 28, 2014
It is a newly formed but reputable financial company to work with a great legal department.
Great place to further your career in financial industry.
Service Professional, Registered Representative (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 27, 2014
Had the opportunity to get Series 7 and 63 licenses. Great benefits.
First job - great place to start
Fixed Income Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 27, 2014
I was in a back office role which was a great place to cut my teeth. Stayed for 18 months before moving on for better opportunities. Love the brand, still own the stock.
Morgan Stanley is a leader in the financial industry.
Vice President of Curriculum and Communications (Former Employee), South Jordan, UtahJuly 25, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities, good pay
Cons: none listed
Morgan Stanley is a leader in the financial industry. It provides employees many opportunities in a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
Severe lack of work life balance
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2014
Pros: thorough training programs.
Cons: lots of hours, severe lack of work-life balance, poor compensation
Daily Responsibilities:

Perform trade capture, trade enrichment, trade confirmation, and position reconciliation: manage processes in the life cycle of a trade from deal capture to the final settlement, and identify and resolving trading breaks from discrepancies dealing with security information such as, trading date and settlement date, executed – more... quantity, taxes, commission, prices and settlement locations.

Initiate data mining, business analysis, modeling/reporting and documentation: prepare and compile daily/weekly/monthly metric dashboards, to ensure that thorough business analysis is performed and that accurate business requirements are documented in accordance with banking regulation and internal policy.

Test technology systems, use systems effectively and efficiently to mitigate risk, and develop strong relationships with IT colleagues to design, develop and test/implement technology platforms to deliver solutions to business requirements.

Collaborate with team members of all levels and departments to complete discrepencies; share market and systems knowledge; develop best practice methodologies and approaches for business analysis; and issue follow up and escalation.

Develope relationships with clients (i.e., Counterparties, Traders, Organization, Legal, Credit, IT and Controllers): while understanding the priorities of stakeholders to ensure that business needs are met, while protecting client confidentiality, as well as addressing ad-hoc requests in a timely fashion. – less
Morgan Stanley Financial Training Program
Intern - Morgan Stanley Financial Training Program (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2014
I have been very pleased with my experience as a Finance Intern at the Morgan Stanley Financial Training Program. I enjoyed learning finance fundamentals from the Senior VP of Global Wealth.
Learned the basis of investing in the stock market
Finanncial Training Program Intern (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: the vice president is super nice and is great to network
Cons: lots of assignments
Everyday we learned different stock market techniques from our Vice President of Global Wealth and then we had workshops that delved into those. We had several side projects in conjunction with our stock market assignments to understand the workings of the economy and the stock market. The hardest part of the job was the late hours after a long day – more... of class. The most enjoyable was learning about the stock market while making new friends! – less
Worst Career Decision
Executive Compensation Trader (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2014
Poor culture, no advancement, poor leadership......
The list could go on and on and on
Great Learning pool, warm and friendly work environment
Mutual Fund Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee and incentive awards
Cons: outsourcing entire areas offshore
A typical day log into call center or if reconciling uploading your fund descrepancies for the day.
I learned how to utilize a variety of new system applications, also had the capabilities to cross train into new areas.
Overall co-workers were friendly made some life long friends.
Hardest part of the job when working in the call center is the large – more... call volume.
The most enjoyable part was being able to resolve a huge issue for a financial advisor and/or client – less
okay but there is a chance you may get fired at anytime
Client Service Center Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2014
this job is all about who you know! the turnover rate is pretty high. chance for promotion is not based on merit but who you know.

About Morgan Stanley

One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates in three primary – Read more