Morgan Stanley

Morgan Stanley Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Day to day work
IT Consultant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJune 11, 2014
I monitored alerts through netcool monitoring systems. I created and run autosys job scheduler. I also created and run different shell scripts in UNIX/LINUX environment. I also queried in MySQL.
Benefits and salary aren't great
Senior Developer (Current Employee), Montreal, QCApril 23, 2014
Pros: work from home, 6% rrsp matching
Cons: salary, perks
Not very trendy with latest technologies. Lots of in-house proprietary software no one else uses in industry, lots of obsolete software to maintain.
Company still requires a dress code even for IT office.
Benefits and perks are behind compared to other tech companies in Montreal.
What's good?
Great co-workers, lots of smart and enjoyable people, employees – more... are very diverse and multi-cultural. Opportunity to travel and work with co-works across globe. Good for people to start their career and peak at the world beyond the province. – less
Productive and fun place
Consultant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 14, 2013
Pros: nice place
Its a productive and fun place to work. A typical day starts from 9 to 6pm.
Volunteer experience
Volunteer Software Developer (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMay 7, 2013
Morgan Stanley has a multitude of experience programmers at it hands. The projects we were tasked with was ambitious but achievable. They provided excellent guidance and theoretical training and were always available for questions.
A lot to learn
Senior Business Manager (contract) (Current Employee), Montreal, QCApril 7, 2013
Pros: there is so much to learn, its teaching me how to handle two tasks that are completely different, its teaching me how to switch back and forth while paying attention to detail in each task at hand
Cons: i can't find any. the hours are long but its very fulfilling
I am an integral part of the team where formally I am the lead in the Capital Management space where I perform all the functions that I have described in the resume. However, on the side I am also involved in the Resource Management space where I assist my colleague with auditing any new consultants that have been hired in the wrong bracket based on – more... the new governance that is being developed and implemented in house. Moreover, we also raise tickets and approve tickets for new resources - only consultants - once we have completed our due diligence. On the other hand, I speak with the foreign exchange desk and the Treasury department for questions relating to foreign exchange risk if there is a project that will heavily invest in a currency other than US dollars and to see if we are able to minimize the risk in case the dollar drops in relation to the other currency in question. I also socialize ideas on Business Management calls and seek feedback on pain points regarding getting projects approved. I work with teams that are looking to raise new spend requests and explain to them the workflow involved in getting an approval and why their spend request has been sent back. Moreover, I am also putting all best practices, documents that I have created on SharePoint and am currently in the process of putting the the approval process for both the Capital Management space and Resource Management space so we can get all approvals at a central place while eliminating the need for sending emails back and forth and giving full transparency to all stake holders. – less
One of good place to work with
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHMarch 3, 2013
Pros

Best culture , Its open door culture and your boss is quite approachable

Cons

Benefits and Job Security - With financial industry in crisis pays are going down and layoffs are increasing.
Not Very Productive Environment
Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee), Montreal QCJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: slow moving company
Lots of politics, Very good Co-workers, Management kinda sucks, Not very trendy with technologies
Excelent workplace
Account Manager Specialist (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 29, 2012
Pros: it's a great company
Cons: any
Excelent customer service trough call center. Good teamworkers and very professional management.
Continuous learning to achieve excellence.
Alright
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 6, 2012
Pros: great place to start
Was booming until 2001
Great place to start a career
Looks great on the resume
excellent name on a CV and lots of deals
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), London, ENGMay 9, 2012
Pros: excellent name
Cons: very long hours ( 100 a week )
I was closing a number of deals every quarter that cant make any one boared so no complains but I did sometimes 100 hours weekley so the life balance was not right. however i only felt that after I left them. during the work it was enjoyable experiance
Great Starting Job, Tough for Real Advancement
Senior Service Representative (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 7, 2014
Pros: good work environment, good compensation for this type of job.
Cons: no real raises and very hard to get real advancements that pays more.
The section I worked at was the call in Service Center. It is a good pay for a starting job. People call in for help with information, logging on to the site, help with cards and checks as wells as many other general items.

I gained skills and responsibility in the hopes of job security, advancement, and better pay, such as Series 63 and series 7 licencing – more... as well as worked tax questions. There were not any real significant pay raises even after taking on these responsibilities. Any "advancement" to another department was a "lateral move" and didn't really increase pay. The only way to make more funds was to either switch to the night team, as I did, or to work over time, if it ever was available.

Expect it to be a good call center job with all that entails from that. – less
great place
Financial Advisor Intern (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: no pay (internship)
had a lot of fun learning the basics of financial services, very short hours, pretty simple for an entry level internship
professional working experience
Financial Training Internship (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: nice building
Cons: not really a work
If this is how much you can learn from an internship, you should apply now. First of all, training is the most important part in this internship. Learn stocks, market, bonds and SSN.
My very First Corporate Job
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2014
Learned a lot at this job and met some of my mentors in life. Would not have changed this experience for the world.
Nice
Contact Center Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2014
Nice place to work for. Every manager I have worked for has been a pleasure to work with. The work from home option is excellent especially for those with long commutes and families.
advisor program needs an upgrade
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), NJJune 29, 2014
good place to start but MS needs to offer more support to new advisors in the form of comp and training. program should be more flexible to support advisors with various levels of experience and knowledge.
Great place to work for people with interest in Financial world....
Senior .Net Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2014
It is one of the best company to work, with great people with great knowledge and best is class managers.

Being here for 4 years, with the help of every one in the project involved, I have learned a lot about the financial world. All my client people were very much co-operative and have helped me to get a good comfort with the work in short time span.
Business savvy and effective
Executive Assistant, FAA Selection and Development (Current Employee), Purchase, NYJune 26, 2014
Morgan Stanley is a great company to work for, very diverse and multi-cultural, a typical workday is very seamless because of the proccesses in place that allow you to work efficiently and accurately, What I've learned about management is there is always a open door policy and they are very helpful and approachable.
Good company. Professional and friendly environment.
IT Business Analyst and Technical Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job - meeting Business Clients for new projects preliminary analysis/design.
Was hired as a financial advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2014
A globally recognized broker/dealer where I developed my sales skills and faced challenging quotas.

1 2 3 4 5

About Morgan Stanley

One of the world's top investment banks, Morgan Stanley serves up a smorgasbord of financial services. The company operates in three primary – Read more