Morgan Corporation Employee Reviews

Frequent layoffs
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA14 February 2018
Production Supervisors are frequently laid off and then replaced with fresh meat. Avoid this company if you are looking for a long term position with them.
Pros
Plenty to do - lots of improvents can be made.
Cons
No job security
Good place to start but experienced welder steer clear
Welder (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO13 February 2018
No real wage advancement or opportunity to grow in a career sense, but it is a good place to learn and get your foot in the door. If you have prior experience in the welding trade this job is a complete waste of time
Pros
Benefits and learning opportunity
Cons
No wage advancement or opportunity to grow and management doesn't care about employees
Immature leadership
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA13 February 2018
Upper management leads using the threat of a verbal assault as a motivational tool. I found this leadership style to be somewhat childish and immature. (Give me what I want or I will throw a temper tantrum.) Inevitably this creates discord in communication and breaks down any type of team work

Doing what you can to stay off the radar is probably the best course of action.

Because of this leadership style, process improvements were only discussed between equals in the hierarchy if they were discussed at all. The lack of a vertically integrated continuous improvement program made it difficult for me to become engaged in the work and goals of the organization.

As long as the current faux leaders remain in position I do not believe that it is possible to find long term security with this company. I suggest avoiding it at all costs.

At the very best all that you will find at the Morgantown facility is a job to hold while you look for another job.
Pros
Been staring at the computer screen for several minutes now. I can't come up with any
Cons
Been staring at the computer screen for several minutes now. There are too many to list here.
Do not apply! Last option
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TX11 February 2018
10 minute breaks. Terrible management. 10-12 hours daily (no daily life). No career advancement. No pay raise. No bonus. No incentive. Dollar differential is taxed separately from pay,so your not really getting a dollar. Benefit plans are high and cover hardly anything at all. No on the job training. High turnover rate. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HARDWORKING EMPLOYEES!!! DO NOT WORK ON 2nd SHIFT...because 1st shift doesn’t do hardly anything at all and 2nd shift picks up all defects,rework,and their own schedule on top of all that.
Pros
Cons
10 minute breaks. Terrible management. No bonus. No incentive. Long hours. Terrible pay.
Water stations very close to work area. Also a nice break room for break/lunch.
Truck Assembler (Current Employee) –  Ehrenberg, AZ3 February 2018
Days at Morgan Corp are fairly good, giving the fact that i work around good coworkers. I learned that hard work pays off well. The managers and supervisors are very well at making sure their workers have everything they need to get the job done. The workplace itself is a fast-paced yet enjoyable workplace. The hardest part of the job is knowing there is nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting work done and being productive.
Pros
water stations, break room, vending machines
Morgan
Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA19 January 2018
I spent most of the time outside and would prefer not to answer regarding this company. Work on inventory cycle counting. Was not felt as part of time more of an outsider.
Management sucks!
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, PA9 January 2018
Upper management will promote friends, not based on experience. If you aren't in their circle, forget about being successful. Low paying jobs all around. Very little directions and training on jobs. Very little feedback on job performance until you get terminated.
Pros
Cons
Do not work here!
not a good company to work for
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Denver, PA7 January 2018
This company does not care about their employees. We are not to have a life outside of the company and they will work you right into the ground with massive hours of overtime to meet the workload demand rather than adding a shift to balance the work and overtime. Not a good work environment.
The management constantly changes plans, decisions, etc .sometimes even before they allow one of management's decision to play out...very unorganized company in my opinions, one of the worst companies I've ever worked for.
Relaxed but Demanding
Project Management / Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC2 January 2018
My experience as a heavy equipment operator was given a higher meaning at my time here. I was able to experience the process of planning and execution of the construction of civil site plans.
the job is good if you don't mind living there. But the way people are treated sucks.Your work schedule changes on a whim like it or leave it!
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, PA20 December 2017
work days are long and O.T. is mandatory the majority of the year including Saturday's, people are treated like numbers, schedules are changed frequently with little notice or compromise. Most of their management have no clue what they are doing. Turnover is high especially at the higher positions. The best part of the day is quitting time.If you don't mind being treated like garbage this is the place for you.
Pros
a lot of overtime
Cons
Many! read the above
Great Company To Work For
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC18 December 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I learned a lot from this type of job environment especially the safety aspect and the day to day operation of a Large scale construction site.
Pros
Great Safety Training
Cons
Outside weather conditions
Its hard work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, PA14 December 2017
Working for Morgan you must have really good time management. Always make sure you did the job right because if you miss the smallest thing it can become a really big problem.
Pros
The money is good.
Cons
If you have kids this would not be the job for you
Horrible place to work
N/A (Former Employee) –  All locations11 December 2017
This company is horrible. They don't appreciate any employees and the management team will harrass you and make you feel less than human. The management team does not like women in management positions and will do anything to get you fired.
Cons
Heading in the right direction
Employee (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, PA5 December 2017
The manufacturing environment is not an easy one yet leadership at Morgan has made great strides in taking care of employees to ensure better work-life balance and good benefits and fair pay.

There are a lot of opportunities to advance at across the company and everyone is very helpful and works together to be the best in the truck body business. The education assistance benefit is amazing and I hope that more employees take advantage of it to grow their skills.

I am really happy to work here and would recommend it.
Pros
Improving culture, great advancement opportunities, leadership in sync with needs of workers.
Cons
More appreciation from sr. management for production staff
Door rotted out after one winter, products are no good.
Box Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Who cares28 November 2017
Door rotted out after one winter, the latches fell off. Outer layer of the door is corroding and peeling off. Don’t buy their products! Stay away! Customer service doesn’t want to help, no quality to these products. Their products are trash.
Enjoyed working at Morgan while it lasted or until lay off
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  The mines and plant two at Morgantown pa.19 November 2017
All the jobs I did at Morgan I enjoyed including learning new things from the good people that taught me. Enjoyed everything the company did for it's people and would really enjoy working for a company like Morgan anytime in my life.
Pros
Great place to work and great money and benifits
Cons
No cons when you enjoy the work you do
Over all Morgan is a good place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WI2 November 2017
I am looking for a position more toward the sales side as I do have little sales responsibility now. I was able to start at and entry level and work my way up to a supervisor, but I would like to have a cleaner work environment.
Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Denver, PA1 November 2017
The days were long, I learned to operate an overhead crane. Management sucked. I would never recommend this employer to anyone due to lack of livable wages
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
makes you feel bad that all good employees are getting screwed so bad
Night production (Current Employee) –  Corsicana, TX14 October 2017
You work all night long and they change your shift time at the supervisors whim. He said because his bedtime is at nine o'clock that we have to start coming in at five o'clock. Means you don't get to see your family or have a home life, have friends, watch a ball game or have a beer like a normal American. Good group of employees to get screwed by employers ,as always. My pay is good but there are people that don't get the recognition they deserve. We work a lot of weekend also, taking more home life. They wont work the whole shift meaning you drive back and forth for two hours and work only five. I just don't see how some employers could be so ignorant and it goes all the way to the top. No opportunity for advancement, people have been here twenty years plus and they'll hire someone over them and expect the long time employee to train the new supervisor. Almost forgot, they hire in new people with wages more than people who have been working there for years. They say that they will adjust pay buy it still hasn't happened. I don't expect to see this review as it will probably be deleted.
Pros
Has most benefits
Cons
Its all about poduction, period. Employees do not matter. Unless your the boss' pet.
good place for newbes
Welder/Serviceman (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO2 October 2017
good place to get your feet wet you can learn a lot if you want to most don't they just want a pay check good group of guys to work with thay just don't weld as much as I want to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.