Morgan Construction Employee Reviews in Canada

Standard Job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Drayton Valley, ABFebruary 27, 2016
Typical work day was various hours

Learned safe work permits

Management was average

Co-workers were good

Hardest part of the job was wait time before work would begin

Enjoyable part of the job was being outdoors
Allot of work out of town in camps. They don't allow employees to bring vehicles. you must travel in a crew van.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft. McMurrayFebruary 18, 2016
The jobs you do are fine if not enjoyable, but if you work out of a camp; you are stuck at that camp for three weeks. Most of the people you work with are easy to get along with.
Pros
Direct deposite
Cons
allot of work in camps with no transportation to any near by town.
Kept in the dark and treated like diposable garbage
Excavator/Dozer Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Very disorganized company. very clicky, if you wernt one of the boys you were nothing. You wernt told about changes till the last second. they would switch off a job at a moments notice and not explain why. Kept operators that were not safe or even good at their jobs because they were friends of someone else.
Pros
beter then being unemployed
Cons
everything else
A diverse company which offered many different oppurtunities to expand my knowledge.
Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 3, 2015
A day in a Morgan Construction position has you getting up early, travelling by bus or truck to the job site, participating in a group safety meeting, recieving your assignments for the day, then going straight to work in rock trucks, etc. I have learned how to work safetly in the field while obtaining many certificates to help me do so. My management was enjoyable and I quickly became friends with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is constantly being away from home and my family. I found the most enjoyable part was developing relationships with people in all fields of expertise.
overall good workplace.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake ABSeptember 13, 2015
Great co-workers to work along side with, Safe environment to work in. Good variety in different tasks to do. Foreman's pushed you to do your best and made most days enjoyable to be there.
A very safety conscience company to work for.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 1, 2015
My typical day at work started with safety meetings and tool box meetings with our supervisor and crew, which made our daily duties more clear and organized.

I learned that safety is the most important duty at work, next to being present. Paying attention to management detail(s) allows the crew members to perform their duties effeciently in an organized manner.

The hardest part of the job is compensating for crew members who are lacking to details from management. On the other hand, the most enjoying part of the job is the ability to problem solve cohesively according to detail, and requirment from management.
Pros
Overtime Hours
Cons
Bad Weather
Good company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 23, 2015
Good company to work for overall, great management with a good work culture, very high on safety and wonderful safety officers. Enjoyed working with this company and all the best to them in the future.
Pros
Great people
Overall pretty good
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJuly 1, 2014
Morgan is a great place to work but it's pretty unstable at the moment.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
stability
worth killing time with while you look for something else
Haul truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 27, 2014
Worked with them for 6 months until I a better offer came along. The crews were good the foremen were good but the wage was low the benefit package was the bare minimum and with no flights booked or travel allowance I wasn't really getting anywhere.
Pros
camp, lots of ot, weren't afraid to train the right guys
Cons
low wage, no travel allowance or flights
morgan construction
Equipment operator/ Trainer/Mentor (Former Employee) –  KEARL LAKE, abApril 18, 2014
The management team at morgan are a wonderful group of personnel to deal with.
The health and safety team are amazing, always there to give advice when needed and very understanding.
The hardest part of the job was being away from home ( that comes with any camp job).
Working with such an amazing crew that loved to laugh and have fun was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
great managment team
Cons
no room for advancement
a good experience
Rock Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 30, 2013
this was a great place to work. a complete camp including excellent food,gym,pooltable, internet and movie room
The people were great and the safety was a major concern.
Pros
excellent camp
Cons
too much paperwork from day to day
good place to work needs more hours though.
Dozer Operator & Rock Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 2, 2013
still working there just looking for a job with more hours with less time off and a company thats more permanent.
Pros
camp
Cons
hours
Machine Driver 360 (Former Employee) –  CanadaMay 9, 2013
start at 6am and finished at 6pm, Learned alot about ice roads and working in the oil fields, all co-worers 100%, the hardest part was workng a -30 degrese, Enjoyable part was making pads for oil rigs.
Pros
dinner every day
Morgan
equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, ABAugust 16, 2012
Morgan Construction is a good company to work for, however some employees do get away with smoking drugs,that is the main reason i left the company in 2011, i reported it to management, but nothing became of it
as we work at alot of different sites there can be a grate difference from one site to another, You make friends meat lots of different people
equipment opperator (Current Employee) –  at this time 1 1/2 hour from Fort Nelson B.CMay 17, 2012
a typical day starts at 5:30 am in camp, eating in the kitchen then going for the moring safty meeting at 7am, followed by the morning streches then a drive to the work site 30 minuts to 40 minuts away depending on where you are.

we do a toolbox talk before we start work ,
most days you know the job you are to do, but there are days that you learn to opperate new and different equipment, this makeing you a better employee for the company.

learning the right way to run equipment and the safest way, is the most importan way, morgan as a company demands we do things the right way and the most safest way we can, at the end off the day we all want to go back to camp,

co-workers are like mentores we all look out for each other, we are always looking around to make sure we all are working safely,

the hardest part of the job, would be the time away from my family.

the most enjoyable part aside from the day to day laughs is when the job is finished and we all know we did it safely and the right way and we can now move on to some thing new.
Pros
pays for food, pays for rooms
Cons
no cell phone cuverage, no pay phones in the camp
Camp work,
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2012
Very good to work for they treat you well.
they will try to keep you working.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
need vehicle on some jobs