Under the direction of the site foreman or direct supervisor, this position is to perform manual work to support construction activities and oilfield maintenance services.
The labourer will also take direction on the site from a Lead Hand where the Foreman has assigned one. Labourers do not supervise any staff and report directly to the Foreman.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Typically tasks may include installation of fences, pumping water, carrying construction materials, shoveling or racking soils, flagging, fuelling equipment, equipment watch, snow removal, hand excavation around facilities and erosion control installation.
- Knowing job procedures and if in doubt know where to locate written work procedures.
- Knowing the location of MSDS information, and reporting procedures.
- Performing work in a safe manner that conforms to Morgan’s Safe Work Procedures.
- Performing work in a skilled and accurate manner.
- Demonstrating good judgment and the ability to think problems through.
- Performing work steadily, constantly, and efficiently without jeopardizing quality.
- Using time efficiently and efficiently.
- Improving job quality by identifying and suggesting improvements.
- Adhering to Morgan’s Personal Protective Equipment Policies (PPE) policies and practices.
- Using all equipment effectively, economically, safely, and for its intended use.
- Conducting yourself in a professional manner.
- Notifying the Foreman or Supervisor of any equipment deficiencies.
- Performing work with co-workers in a safe, responsible, and cooperative manner.
- Performing any other duty or task as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor and/or Foreman.
- Required: Must be able to comprehend instructions from supervisor/foreman.
- Preferred: High School Diploma.
- Required: 1-2 years full time work experience and a previous employment record in good standing.
- Preferred: 1-2 years full time experience as a general labourer or construction labourer with knowledge of general construction methods and practices.
- Basic small hand tool knowledge.
- Basic small power tool and equipment knowledge.
- Basic written communication skills.
- Driver’s license.
The Laborer must have a sound understanding of Safety Regulations, safe work practices and work procedures and be capable of assisting in maintaining safe work sites.
- Attending Monthly Safety Meetings.
- Attending Pre-Job and Tailgate Meetings.
- Participating in a process to identify hazards.
- Participating in a proactive reporting process.
- Notifying the Supervisor or Foreman of all damaged or unsafe equipment or tools.
- Operating equipment and using tools as per established practices and procedures.
- Ensuring that there is no smoking on the job, except in designated areas.
- Ensure that absolutely no alcohol or illegal drugs are present on or near the job site.
- Demonstrate the understanding of good housekeeping practices by maintaining equipment, vehicles and tools in a clean state.
- Demonstrate an understanding of time management and productivity issues by completing tasks efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic cost control process by accurately completing hourly cost sheets and submitting them to supervisors.
- Demonstrating an improvement in formal skills by upgrading educational training with relevant post secondary courses.
Indeed - 14 months ago
Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. "Delivering Project Excellence" - is a civil construction and environmental projects...