The Moose River Heritage and Hospitality Association (MRHHA) is requesting proposals for the following:
Tourism Development Strategic Plan
for the Moose River Hospitality Development Project. Working alongside the Rural Development Officer and reporting to the MRHHA board, the Strategic Planning Consultant will be responsible for working with MoCreebec Council of the Cree Nation, Moose Cree First Nation, and the Town of Moosonee to develop a joint Tourism Development Strategic Plan guided by a preliminary 3-phase research plan. Candidates must be available to stay on-site for phases 2 and 3 of the research and planning process. The consultant is expected to work closely with community and regional stakeholders in order to produce a feasible product uniquely tailored to this area’s context that reflects community input while being responsive to market trends in ecotourism, aboriginal tourism, and heritage-based tourism development. The product should also effectively address the specific challenges and opportunities of semi-remote northern tourism.
The Strategic Plan’s final product shall include, but need not be limited to the following: Industry & Current Product Description & Assessment; Community Engagement Plan; Visitor Experience Planning; Participatory Monitoring & Evaluation During and After Strategic Planning & Implementation; Industry, Niche & Product Development Strategies & Phased Guidelines; Conceptual Designs for Branding & Advertising; and Marketing & Communication Plan.
The final deliverables must be completed by May 30, 2014.
Submissions must include but are not limited to, the following components:
- A cover letter describing the Consultant and team’s experience and knowledge in related areas, accompanied by each member’s resume
- Clear evidence of an understanding of the goals and challenges of strategic planning and community engagement
- Methodology: The proposal shall contain an outline of the proposed methodology plan that the Consultant proposes to utilize in undertaking the Plan
- Cost of fees (including per diem figure) and disbursements for the various components of the Plan as described in your proposal.
- Plan Tasks and Timeline: The proposal shall include a phased critical path detailing the general approach or development strategy, and activity plans with time frames
- Three relevant references with contact information
Evaluation of Proposals
The MRHHA reserves the right to select the consulting team of its choice and will not necessarily award the contract to the lowest bidder. The consultant will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Meeting the Terms of Reference
- Proposed tasks
- Quality and experience of the Consultant’s Project Team
- Experience with similar studies
- Proposed schedule
- Proposed methodology
A detailed Terms of Reference for the Tourism Development Strategic Plan has been prepared and is posted on the MRHHA website here http://www.mooseriver.ca/HeritageandHospitality/About_Us.html and select Terms of Reference. These outline the key deliverables for the plan and reiterate proposal requirements. The Consultant will be accountable to develop the plan and achieve the deliverables.
Deadline for proposal submission is 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time, Monday, October 21, 2013.
This deadline has been extended from its original posting by 2 weeks