MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN

MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor Management / Lacking Skills
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBMay 11, 2015
Cons: Poor Management
Needs to learn how to properly run a business. Needs to be more friendly to new team members. Good discounts but poor training.
Horrible DM'S and store managers
Assistant manager (Current Employee), BCMay 8, 2015
Pros: lovely teammates
Cons: managed by irresponsible and selfish managers and DM's
Open door policy is just a saying they use to make themselves look good, managers are lazy and most of the work is left for AM's and tux managers, SA's are overworked, most of the time short staffed and employees don't get a chance to take breaks or maybe take their break after 6-7 hours into working, lots of turn-overs due to poor DMs, lots of politics, AM's get paid 6.25 an hour for 40 hours as salary plus 5% commission which is a rip off
Motivating place to work
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBMay 3, 2015
Working on commission was a motivating way to make you want to get better at sales and have and help as many customers as possible while giving the best service.
It's an all boys club!
Regional visual merchandiser (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCApril 29, 2015
Pros: free tailor services, and tux rental
Cons: politics
It's an all boys club! If you can deal with the internal politics of this company or have a family member that works at head office, it's not worth it.

co-worker are good as long as you are in the right store. Staff changes by the store.

the hardest part of the job is the head office politics.
good job
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2014
Everyday was a good day at Moores. The only con was trying to talk to my district manager. Other than that I walked into work everyday happy to know that I was in my second home with my second family. All of us coworkers go along and served our costumers with care and professionalism as well.
fun work place
Tuxedo Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, OnNovember 12, 2014
Fun, relax atmosphere
The job is mainly customer service, helping customers find what they are looking for.
Mediocre at best
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: fun group of people
Cons: managers use of power
I've worked with some awesome people there and have had some amazing moments. But unfortunately the after taste of the company is that they only care about money and nothing else. The mangers (some not all) will use their power to further their own financial goals.
That's just my two cents and not at all indicative of the entire company
Productive and fun workplace
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 26, 2014
I enjoyed working here
I learned a lot of about selling
The most difficult part of the job is managing customer's expectations
My management was very understanding about my school schedule
Seen Better
Wardrobe Consultant/Operations Manager (Former Employee), Durham Region, ONJune 19, 2014
Pros: a lot of fun
Cons: shift work
Very supportive team but pay structure was not as good. Opportunity for advancement is there but the pay structure once you're there is horrible.
Everyone was easy to get along with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 27, 2014
A typical day at work would vary from day to day , it all depending on how mach traffic would come in the door during the day.

Every day I would learn something new, especially when it came to getting to know what each and every customer wanted and what they were looking for

The management team was awesome, they were always there when you needed a hand to help and they respected each and everyone of us.

My co-workers were great, everyone worked together to get what was needed to get done.

The hardest part would probably have to be when i was the only sales associate for a particular day and all the work was on my shoulders, but I always manger to get everything done.

The most enjoyable part was working with the customers.
A great company, where no days are ever the same!
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2014
Pros: bonus reward for exceeding sales targets
Cons: inconsistent scheduling
The beauty of my present employer is that, everyday is different, there is a great team involved with you everyday to help grow the business and achieve sales targets.
The joy that fulfills my day is when I see a customer/client leaves happy with their items!
Fun working environment
Part Time Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: worked with fashion
Flexible scheduling hours for students
Room for growth
All employees were treated equally

What I at times found challenging was when I would encounter the "no-pleasing" or negative customer. I would have to find away to gain their trust as a consultant.
Enjoy bringing each client comfort knowing they have A hairstyle that best suits them personally.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sydney, NSNovember 21, 2013
Pros: seeing people smile
Cons: chemicals in perms and colour, hard on stylists lungs
I learned over the years owning and operating my own salon very challenging and rewarding. I also became aware that if you provide great service to each individual and make them feel special they leave happy and will most importantly return for that same service and will support you, which felt very rewarding. I had many experiences with co-workers being in the beauty industry I was able to help guide the new up and coming in our industry. The hardest part of being in the beauty industry was to deal with the amount of focus and quality workmanship that is involved to becoming A successful hairstylist I sometimes could see which individual was going to make it in the industry. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of being in the beauty industry was to be able to create A comfortable atmosphere and to bring peoples lives happiness by making them feel good in there own skin.
Great team, happy work environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: team, leadership, training
Cons: long hours, time off shift running transfers.
The greatest customer service experience training you could ever ask for, staff are wonderful and full of life. Managing for Moores has been a great learning experience, skill builder and has made me into a great leader. My co-workers have become very close to one another and remain productive and happy. The hardest part of my job I would have to say is the long hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team I have the honor of managing.
Great team work environment!
Sales (Former Employee), BramptonMay 29, 2013
Pros: hour lunch/outlet mall
Cons: long hours/weekends
I enjoyed working for the company Moores Clothing for Men. Everyday was a learning experience. It was fun to interact with the customers.
Moores
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: great team enviornment
Cons: no substantial hours outside of seasonal settings
My experience at moores has taught me a lot. it has taken me from viewing co-workers as combatents to teammates. however, i did later find out that i was lied to by the manager that hired me and thus making certain things i believed the company offered to be not true.
Fun and rewarding
Tuxedo Operations Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: happy customers, everyday differences.
Cons: sometimes long hours.
I was able to work with so many different people. From grade 9 grads to a wedding party of 24. I was happy to be involved in making someone's day a little more special.
Everyday was different, I learned so much about clothing style, fit and individuality.
My co-workers were always willing to help. Especially during the really busy seasons.
That would really be the hardest yet most enjoyable part of the job. The busy seasons. Getting so many people suits/tuxedo's, the days going by so fast, but seeing the smiles as they leave happy was very worth it.
Great place to work...great culture...great training...great team
Wardrobe consultant (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: training/ team atmospher/management support.
Cons: long hours in december- but thats retail
Learned alot about Customer service and real consulting.
I like the fact that Sr. Management helps out like everyone else. Very approachable. Amazing training.

Great team atmosphere...Everyone supports one-another.
Fun workplace with great coworkers and management
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee), Sudbury, ONDecember 14, 2012
I feel very excited to get up and go to work everyday. Everyone is very kind and will assist you if you need help with anything.
Sales and support for customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 14, 2012
Gained new skills such as customer service, mangement and on going training for selling products.