MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN Employee Reviews

Amazing company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 April 2017
great company, staff and management. amazing training opportunities and many ways to learn. opportunitites for bonus and commissions are awesome. I absolutely loved working here and was very sad to leave.
team members are supportive but customers are hard to deal with
Former wear manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2017
formal wear manager are mainly in charge of tuxedo rental department. people who are renting for their wedding or grad sometimes are hard to deal with. with the expectation of the best looking for the lowest price, sometime is hard to reach. that will turn them to unhappy customers and formal wear manger become the one they complain about.
very frendly
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 April 2017
Not a great place to work for your first job, especially if you're a young female. They get a little to friendly with their female staff, but when confronted very mature about it, and didn't try to deny anything that happened
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Male staff
Its a retail sales position.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC11 April 2017
Commissions were cut in half while I worked there with Management getting 1% commission. If someone was ambitious and a B2B contract was acquired by employee the regional manager would take those sales as his own, and would be paid a bonus on those sales.
Pros
Meet lots of great people
Cons
Business model makes this a minumum wage job.
Very productive workplace with high skills needed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2017
Gained communication skills, learned how to use cash register, kept a clean work environment, employees were very bondable, dealing with different situations and costumers
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB29 March 2017
Laid back atmosphere that has plenty of downtime during the slow months. Able to make a decent amount of money during the busy times. Low stress atmosphere that allows some flexibility schedule wise.
Outgoing place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 March 2017
Super professional place to work. Always had a positive energy when entering the store. Phenomenal management skills on a day to day basis. Very organized.
Fun part-time workplace
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 March 2017
I worked here part-time as a University student. The job paid well for a part-time position, and the flexible hours worked well with my student lifestyle.
Fun to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 March 2017
Good place to work. Head management needs to find money in the budget to get it cleaned. Old building so it is very dusty and dry inside. We had to go a few weeks without a vacuum because we didn't have money in the budget for a new one.
Pros
Fun
Cons
dirty
Moores
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's16 February 2017
Amazing place to work and the culture is great! Work life balance can be tricky. Compensation is suitable for single person but hard on someone supporting a family.
Prodctive day trying to make as much money for both me and the comapny
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 February 2017
Good atmosphere to work in the staff was great, manamemt was good.The hardest part about the job was looking at the manager get all the sales. A day a work started off doing invitory,then waiting for the customers to come and try and make as much commission as possible,end of shift clean up the usual.
Fantastic company to work for with plenty of room for advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 January 2017
I was the Operations Manager with Moores Clothing For Men for about 9 years. I was responsible for a team of about 7 female sales associates, including hiring, releasing, training, payroll and scheduling. I ran the tuxedo department and assisted with Managerial duties within the store. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with people every day and assisting them with their wedding party needs. I am told years later that people still go in and ask for me. Which feels fantastic.
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2017
management was wonderful staff was great and everyday was different always liked going to work just all around good place to work
Work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON17 November 2016
Moores Clothing is a good work environment, where the individuals you work with are open with each other. Great environment that allows you to balance other jobs or education. My manager's were always willing to work around my schedule and gave me the hours i required to sustain myself while achieving my academic goals. The customer base that we bring turns into long relationships outside of the work place, I've cultivated a lot of relationships because of this work environment.
Pros
Multiple store outings with the team, creating friendships outside of work.
Cons
May have to relocate to other stores depending on store success or performance.
One of the top 100 companies work for in canada
SEAMSTRESS (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2016
Very friendly and fun to work, lots of marginal benefits,
Paid weekly,
Bonuses from overall sales, on the job training,
Clean and fun to work environment
Pros
Free break
Cons
Sundays open
Fun work place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
It becomes one big family. Clients are respectful and fun to work with. If you like fashion then this is the job for you. You get to mix and match everything and actually create their outfits from top to bottom.
Geeks dream
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 September 2016
Very cool and fun gadgets to play with and enjoy. Work/life balance is not ideal and staff demographic tends to lean towards a younger audience. This company does not exist anymore.
Fun, productive
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC19 September 2016
All around the staff I was working with were absolutely amazing, pay was ok , lots of turn overs, amazing regional managers , love their products ,great store for men
Fun Place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 April 2016
Independent work but you are surrounded by positive people and work is a breeze. Supervisors are friendly if you work hard and you build relationship on an individual basis.
Fast paced work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 February 2016
Liked talking to the customers. Didn't like the fighting over who's customers is who's. The hardest part for me was the computer cash register.
Pros
I like clothes
Cons
Low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN. Our community is ready to answer.

MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN Reviews by Location