MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN Employee Reviews

Work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON17 November 2016
Moores Clothing is a good work environment, where the individuals you work with are open with each other. Great environment that allows you to balance other jobs or education. My manager's were always willing to work around my schedule and gave me the hours i required to sustain myself while achieving my academic goals. The customer base that we bring turns into long relationships outside of the work place, I've cultivated a lot of relationships because of this work environment.
Pros
Multiple store outings with the team, creating friendships outside of work.
Cons
May have to relocate to other stores depending on store success or performance.
One of the top 100 companies work for in canada
SEAMSTRESS (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2016
Very friendly and fun to work, lots of marginal benefits,
Paid weekly,
Bonuses from overall sales, on the job training,
Clean and fun to work environment
Pros
FREE BREAK
Cons
SUNDAYS OPEN
Fun work place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
It becomes one big family. Clients are respectful and fun to work with. If you like fashion then this is the job for you. You get to mix and match everything and actually create their outfits from top to bottom.
Geeks dream
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 September 2016
Very cool and fun gadgets to play with and enjoy. Work/life balance is not ideal and staff demographic tends to lean towards a younger audience. This company does not exist anymore.
Fun, productive
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC19 September 2016
All around the staff I was working with were absolutely amazing, pay was ok , lots of turn overs, amazing regional managers , love their products ,great store for men
Fun Place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 April 2016
Independent work but you are surrounded by positive people and work is a breeze. Supervisors are friendly if you work hard and you build relationship on an individual basis.
Fast paced work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 February 2016
Liked talking to the customers. Didn't like the fighting over who's customers is who's. The hardest part for me was the computer cash register.
Pros
I like clothes
Cons
Low wages
Decent workplace, good to develop selling behaviours
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2016
I enjoy working at Moores overall, The hours can be tough however I find many of the people are outstanding. There is money to be made if you have the skills and if you are a good employee there is room for advancement
Pros
good training
fun enviroment
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2016
Great place to work. For a retail chain, they provide great training, and a hands on feel to selling their product. I would recommend purchasing your wardrobe at Moores Clothing For Men, as its not just a store, but and experience,
Approved Fortune 500 companies to work for !
Assistant Manager/ Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC23 October 2015
i have been employed with Moores Clothing since 2008. i started out as a sales associate and work my way up to the position of an assistant manager, before returning to school full time. in my experience at Moores i have, i have had great mentors, who schooled me not only on part of the business but also in my daily lifestyle. the have taught me hard work, dedication, and most important of all perseverance in rough time. i would highly encourage everyone to work for moores. as for me it has been a life changing experience.
Pros
Best Christmas party
fast paced work place with opportunity to expand
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 October 2015
Moores has a great training program, they help develop their employees.
There is never a time where there is nothing to do. Between the clients who are in store, store maintenance, merchandise that needs to be received, merchandised and price adjustments, training, coaching and demonstrating new and past sales techniques or policies, there is always something to do.
Staff work as a team and can be very close (like family)
Pros
opportunity to dial op your sales ability
Cons
retail hours, evenings and weekends are the best time to work and make money.
Very fun loving workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 August 2015
everyday was usually the same.
we did role plays
coached my team
handled inventory
balanced inventory
did special orders
maintained all store departments
did alterations
the hardest parts were also fairly consistent
the returns of used clothing under the pretense of it not being worn.
gender conflicts as it was a mens clothing store and some men didn't want a women to help them.
Pros
manager trips
Cons
very long hours
Great work place with caring staff
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA27 August 2015
Loved being held accountable and in charge of my part of the business which was tuxedos. Great with flexible schedules for everyone.
fun workplace. great stalf
Sales Associate / Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 August 2015
day of selling to customers for there suit or tux needs
receiving stock and sending merchandise out to different locations
fun people and friendly work environment
Pros
the employees are wonderful
Cons
hourly pay lower then needed for fulltime workers unless your a student
Fast paced but enjoyable working environment
Wardrobe Consultant/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 June 2015
Working at Moores allowed a fantastic learning experience in a fast paced environment. Having to deal with customer relations as well as with colleagues, created an on the job education in interpersonal skills and facilitated personal reflection and self growth. A typical day at work would include administrative tasks such as till counts, communication with upper management and making sure customers would feel that the service they are receiving was nothing short of world class. That meant going above and beyond to make sure that the customer not only got what they intended when they arrived at the store, but also leave with a sense of satisfaction so that their return to the store would not only be welcomed, but be an assurance. The management was quite supportive and encouraged communication and commitment, while expecting a high standard in customer service.

At times the stores could be overwhelming during busy seasons, but with a team that works together to enable the best possible service, the days would be busy, but feel enjoyable and satisfying.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Poor Management / Lacking Skills
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB11 May 2015
Needs to learn how to properly run a business. Needs to be more friendly to new team members. Good discounts but poor training.
Cons
Poor Management
Horrible DM'S and store managers
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  BC8 May 2015
Open door policy is just a saying they use to make themselves look good, managers are lazy and most of the work is left for AM's and tux managers, SA's are overworked, most of the time short staffed and employees don't get a chance to take breaks or maybe take their break after 6-7 hours into working, lots of turn-overs due to poor DMs, lots of politics, AM's get paid 6.25 an hour for 40 hours as salary plus 5% commission which is a rip off
Pros
lovely teammates
Cons
managed by irresponsible and selfish managers and DM's
Motivating place to work
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB3 May 2015
Working on commission was a motivating way to make you want to get better at sales and have and help as many customers as possible while giving the best service.
It's an all boys club!
Regional visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 April 2015
It's an all boys club! If you can deal with the internal politics of this company or have a family member that works at head office, it's not worth it.

co-worker are good as long as you are in the right store. Staff changes by the store.

the hardest part of the job is the head office politics.
Pros
free tailor services, and tux rental
Cons
politics
good job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2014
Everyday was a good day at Moores. The only con was trying to talk to my district manager. Other than that I walked into work everyday happy to know that I was in my second home with my second family. All of us coworkers go along and served our costumers with care and professionalism as well.