MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
Fun place to work, good deal for weddings, cant say enough good things about it. excellent management. workplace is fun. great place to work great overall
Enjoyable and exciting workplace
Wardrobe Consultant/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 September 2017
I learned most of my Customer Service Skills through this workplace and am glad that i got the opportunity to do so, in a friendly yet professional atmosphere!
I in Team
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 September 2017
Working for Moores has been a wonderful opportunity. I have learned a lot from them that I will take away from for my future employments. The team they have set up there is the nicest people you will ever meet. The only downfall was it was about you and your sales instead of the overall employees. Besides that, I loved working for Moores clothing for men and appreciate what they do for people.
Wonderful
Assistant Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2017
I love working here, I have been working here for over 7 years and I never get tired! I love helping customers with their needs and interacting with customers.
Fun and Interesting Workplace
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 August 2017
At Moores I started as a Sales Associate, helping wardrobe consultants in their consults and sales, facilitating their services so that customers can get the best possible treatment. After a month my Managers saw my capacity in putting together coordinating outfits and my skills when interacting with customers. I was promoted to the position of wardrobe consultant. This tripled my responsibilities inside the company, as I was to establish a lasting relationship with my clients and offer them the best fit and quality clothing conceivable
Pros
Might have good money for the right person, your boss is not on top of you all the time
Cons
like any other retail job hours are not the best, you better be good at selling if you want to make some money
Workplace can either be challenging and fun, or difficult to navigate.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 August 2017
Like most retail positions, a good day at Moores is heavily influenced by the types of customers you receive. Ignoring this variable, Moores can be a great place to work or a bad place to work, with little middle ground. Corporate culture is distant and out of touch for some important issues like stock management and job incentives. Stores are very dependent on teamwork, which can be a problem if some workers are not investing in store success.
Fantastic workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC11 August 2017
The things you learn and the ways in which being a Moores employee elevates not just your wardrobe but your entire character is unrivalled.
Very fluid and supportive work cast
Good to work at if morals not issue
WARDROBE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE9 August 2017
Depending on the management, this could be a good place to work. Current management selectively adheres to HR codes for company. Example, HR codes indicate that management does not date staff, however store manager permits assistant store manager/formalwear manager to date the staff. This results in relationship arguments offering on the sales floor in full view of staff and customers or manager and staff person skipping merrily through the store hand in hand. This also results in staff members not involved with each other being left to handle all customers while they "canoodle" in the corner or in the back room..
Pros
the tailor is a formally trained chef, so lunches can be amaizing.
Cons
management dates the staff.
great staff terrible upper managment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 August 2017
My first 4 years at Moores were amazing. Then the company culture changed and that why I'm leaving.The staff there is great. The upper management does not celebrate success.
Pros
goos staff and salary
Cons
poor upper managment
Very relaxed job
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 July 2017
Nothing beats getting suited up to go into work each day with the sole purpose of making someone want to look like you. You use your sense of fashion to make someone say "Hey I want to look like them" or " I want his/her advice". Hardest part about this job for me was being on my feet all day but I had a really great time working for this company, they made me look GOOD, and return I made any customer who walked in looking for advice look good. Win win right?
Pros
Dressed up, Decent pay, great work space
Cons
Standing all day
slow paced environment
Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 July 2017
busy during wedding and grad season.
Management change with little training
slow during many periods in the day
advancement is there if you are willing to put in the time and effort
Fun Workplace
Formalwear Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 June 2017
Fun family oriented but at times very hard because people on commission become very rude and that is hard to deal with at times especially with the long hours
Really good job
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 June 2017
Very busy in summer for proms and wedding season.
Used FedEx and Purolator for shipping purposes
Lots of training
Learning sectors and team building
Great people to work with
Pros
Free tshirts
very proactive store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 June 2017
working there was ok, staff was rude at times, but customers were lovely, easy to get the hang of. i learned to measure and help with weddings, it was very nice
Pros
half hour break
Cons
one shift a week
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2017
Great working environment where everyone there is kind and understanding. Everyone works incredibly hard to provide the best possible experience for the customers and assist each other when cleaning up.
Pros
working environment
Cons
long periods of standing up
Amazing people and a great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 May 2017
Everything about this job was fantastic. If you like dressing up for work, are knowledgeable and interested in men's fashion, and you like working with people, this job is perfect for you. This is definitely a higher standard than most retail jobs, and I encourage anyone to apply for a job here. Working at Moore's can lead to a lifetime career should you choose, or open up numerous doors for outside advancement. Even after leaving, I am still in touch with many old coworkers.
Pros
Great training, fun environment, generally polite customers (this was remarkable for retail), strong employee appreciation
Cons
Extremes of slow or fast paced, old computer system (though it got the job done)
Amazing company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON27 April 2017
great company, staff and management. amazing training opportunities and many ways to learn. opportunitites for bonus and commissions are awesome. I absolutely loved working here and was very sad to leave.
team members are supportive but customers are hard to deal with
Former wear manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 April 2017
formal wear manager are mainly in charge of tuxedo rental department. people who are renting for their wedding or grad sometimes are hard to deal with. with the expectation of the best looking for the lowest price, sometime is hard to reach. that will turn them to unhappy customers and formal wear manger become the one they complain about.
very frendly
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 April 2017
Not a great place to work for your first job, especially if you're a young female. They get a little to friendly with their female staff, but when confronted very mature about it, and didn't try to deny anything that happened
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Male staff
Avantages sociaux
Commis d'entrepôt (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC17 April 2017
Etablissement avec une direction soucieuse du personnel.