MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast paced work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 22, 2016
Liked talking to the customers. Didn't like the fighting over who's customers is who's. The hardest part for me was the computer cash register.
Pros
I like clothes
Cons
Low wages
Decent workplace, good to develop selling behaviours
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2016
I enjoy working at Moores overall, The hours can be tough however I find many of the people are outstanding. There is money to be made if you have the skills and if you are a good employee there is room for advancement
Pros
good training
fun enviroment
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work. For a retail chain, they provide great training, and a hands on feel to selling their product. I would recommend purchasing your wardrobe at Moores Clothing For Men, as its not just a store, but and experience,
Approved Fortune 500 companies to work for !
Assistant Manager/ Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCOctober 23, 2015
i have been employed with Moores Clothing since 2008. i started out as a sales associate and work my way up to the position of an assistant manager, before returning to school full time. in my experience at Moores i have, i have had great mentors, who schooled me not only on part of the business but also in my daily lifestyle. the have taught me hard work, dedication, and most important of all perseverance in rough time. i would highly encourage everyone to work for moores. as for me it has been a life changing experience.
Pros
Best Christmas party
fast paced work place with opportunity to expand
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONOctober 13, 2015
Moores has a great training program, they help develop their employees.
There is never a time where there is nothing to do. Between the clients who are in store, store maintenance, merchandise that needs to be received, merchandised and price adjustments, training, coaching and demonstrating new and past sales techniques or policies, there is always something to do.
Staff work as a team and can be very close (like family)
Pros
opportunity to dial op your sales ability
Cons
retail hours, evenings and weekends are the best time to work and make money.
Very fun loving workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 30, 2015
everyday was usually the same.
we did role plays
coached my team
handled inventory
balanced inventory
did special orders
maintained all store departments
did alterations
the hardest parts were also fairly consistent
the returns of used clothing under the pretense of it not being worn.
gender conflicts as it was a mens clothing store and some men didn't want a women to help them.
Pros
manager trips
Cons
very long hours
Great work place with caring staff
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  GTAAugust 27, 2015
Loved being held accountable and in charge of my part of the business which was tuxedos. Great with flexible schedules for everyone.
fun workplace. great stalf
Sales Associate / Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2015
day of selling to customers for there suit or tux needs
receiving stock and sending merchandise out to different locations
fun people and friendly work environment
Pros
the employees are wonderful
Cons
hourly pay lower then needed for fulltime workers unless your a student
Fast paced but enjoyable working environment
Wardrobe Consultant/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2015
Working at Moores allowed a fantastic learning experience in a fast paced environment. Having to deal with customer relations as well as with colleagues, created an on the job education in interpersonal skills and facilitated personal reflection and self growth. A typical day at work would include administrative tasks such as till counts, communication with upper management and making sure customers would feel that the service they are receiving was nothing short of world class. That meant going above and beyond to make sure that the customer not only got what they intended when they arrived at the store, but also leave with a sense of satisfaction so that their return to the store would not only be welcomed, but be an assurance. The management was quite supportive and encouraged communication and commitment, while expecting a high standard in customer service.

At times the stores could be overwhelming during busy seasons, but with a team that works together to enable the best possible service, the days would be busy, but feel enjoyable and satisfying.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Poor Management / Lacking Skills
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBMay 11, 2015
Needs to learn how to properly run a business. Needs to be more friendly to new team members. Good discounts but poor training.
Cons
Poor Management
Horrible DM'S and store managers
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  BCMay 8, 2015
Open door policy is just a saying they use to make themselves look good, managers are lazy and most of the work is left for AM's and tux managers, SA's are overworked, most of the time short staffed and employees don't get a chance to take breaks or maybe take their break after 6-7 hours into working, lots of turn-overs due to poor DMs, lots of politics, AM's get paid 6.25 an hour for 40 hours as salary plus 5% commission which is a rip off
Pros
lovely teammates
Cons
managed by irresponsible and selfish managers and DM's
Motivating place to work
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBMay 3, 2015
Working on commission was a motivating way to make you want to get better at sales and have and help as many customers as possible while giving the best service.
It's an all boys club!
Regional visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 29, 2015
It's an all boys club! If you can deal with the internal politics of this company or have a family member that works at head office, it's not worth it.

co-worker are good as long as you are in the right store. Staff changes by the store.

the hardest part of the job is the head office politics.
Pros
free tailor services, and tux rental
Cons
politics
good job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2014
Everyday was a good day at Moores. The only con was trying to talk to my district manager. Other than that I walked into work everyday happy to know that I was in my second home with my second family. All of us coworkers go along and served our costumers with care and professionalism as well.
fun work place
Tuxedo Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, OnNovember 12, 2014
Fun, relax atmosphere
The job is mainly customer service, helping customers find what they are looking for.
Mediocre at best
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONNovember 12, 2014
I've worked with some awesome people there and have had some amazing moments. But unfortunately the after taste of the company is that they only care about money and nothing else. The mangers (some not all) will use their power to further their own financial goals.
That's just my two cents and not at all indicative of the entire company
Pros
fun group of people
Cons
managers use of power
Productive and fun workplace
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2014
I enjoyed working here
I learned a lot of about selling
The most difficult part of the job is managing customer's expectations
My management was very understanding about my school schedule
Seen Better
Wardrobe Consultant/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham Region, ONJune 19, 2014
Very supportive team but pay structure was not as good. Opportunity for advancement is there but the pay structure once you're there is horrible.
Pros
a lot of fun
Cons
shift work
Everyone was easy to get along with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 27, 2014
A typical day at work would vary from day to day , it all depending on how mach traffic would come in the door during the day.

Every day I would learn something new, especially when it came to getting to know what each and every customer wanted and what they were looking for

The management team was awesome, they were always there when you needed a hand to help and they respected each and everyone of us.

My co-workers were great, everyone worked together to get what was needed to get done.

The hardest part would probably have to be when i was the only sales associate for a particular day and all the work was on my shoulders, but I always manger to get everything done.

The most enjoyable part was working with the customers.
A great company, where no days are ever the same!
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2014
The beauty of my present employer is that, everyday is different, there is a great team involved with you everyday to help grow the business and achieve sales targets.
The joy that fulfills my day is when I see a customer/client leaves happy with their items!
Pros
bonus reward for exceeding sales targets
Cons
inconsistent scheduling