MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN Employee Reviews

Decent workplace, good to develop selling behaviours
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 14, 2016
I enjoy working at Moores overall, The hours can be tough however I find many of the people are outstanding. There is money to be made if you have the skills and if you are a good employee there is room for advancement
Pros
good training
Cons
Fast paced but enjoyable working environment
Wardrobe Consultant/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 26, 2015
Working at Moores allowed a fantastic learning experience in a fast paced environment. Having to deal with customer relations as well as with colleagues, created an on the job education in interpersonal skills and facilitated personal reflection and self growth. A typical day at work would include administrative tasks such as till counts, communication with upper management and making sure customers would feel that the service they are receiving was nothing short of world class. That meant going above and beyond to make sure that the customer not only got what they intended when they arrived at the store, but also leave with a sense of satisfaction so that their return to the store would not only be welcomed, but be an assurance. The management was quite supportive and encouraged communication and commitment, while expecting a high standard in customer service.

At times the stores could be overwhelming during busy seasons, but with a team that works together to enable the best possible service, the days would be busy, but feel enjoyable and satisfying.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Geeks dream
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 22, 2016
Very cool and fun gadgets to play with and enjoy. Work/life balance is not ideal and staff demographic tends to lean towards a younger audience. This company does not exist anymore.
Horrible DM'S and store managers
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  BCMay 8, 2015
Open door policy is just a saying they use to make themselves look good, managers are lazy and most of the work is left for AM's and tux managers, SA's are overworked, most of the time short staffed and employees don't get a chance to take breaks or maybe take their break after 6-7 hours into working, lots of turn-overs due to poor DMs, lots of politics, AM's get paid 6.25 an hour for 40 hours as salary plus 5% commission which is a rip off
Pros
lovely teammates
Cons
managed by irresponsible and selfish managers and DM's
Fun Place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 13, 2016
Independent work but you are surrounded by positive people and work is a breeze. Supervisors are friendly if you work hard and you build relationship on an individual basis.
Approved Fortune 500 companies to work for !
Assistant Manager/ Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QCOctober 23, 2015
i have been employed with Moores Clothing since 2008. i started out as a sales associate and work my way up to the position of an assistant manager, before returning to school full time. in my experience at Moores i have, i have had great mentors, who schooled me not only on part of the business but also in my daily lifestyle. the have taught me hard work, dedication, and most important of all perseverance in rough time. i would highly encourage everyone to work for moores. as for me it has been a life changing experience.
Pros
Best Christmas party
Very fun loving workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 30, 2015
everyday was usually the same.
we did role plays
coached my team
handled inventory
balanced inventory
did special orders
maintained all store departments
did alterations
the hardest parts were also fairly consistent
the returns of used clothing under the pretense of it not being worn.
gender conflicts as it was a mens clothing store and some men didn't want a women to help them.
Pros
manager trips
Cons
very long hours
Fast paced work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABFebruary 22, 2016
Liked talking to the customers. Didn't like the fighting over who's customers is who's. The hardest part for me was the computer cash register.
Pros
I like clothes
Cons
Low wages
fast paced work place with opportunity to expand
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ONOctober 13, 2015
Moores has a great training program, they help develop their employees.
There is never a time where there is nothing to do. Between the clients who are in store, store maintenance, merchandise that needs to be received, merchandised and price adjustments, training, coaching and demonstrating new and past sales techniques or policies, there is always something to do.
Staff work as a team and can be very close (like family)
Pros
opportunity to dial op your sales ability
Cons
retail hours, evenings and weekends are the best time to work and make money.
fun enviroment
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work. For a retail chain, they provide great training, and a hands on feel to selling their product. I would recommend purchasing your wardrobe at Moores Clothing For Men, as its not just a store, but and experience,
Great place to work...great culture...great training...great team
Wardrobe consultant (Current Employee) –  TorontoJanuary 24, 2013
Learned alot about Customer service and real consulting.
I like the fact that Sr. Management helps out like everyone else. Very approachable. Amazing training.

Great team atmosphere...Everyone supports one-another.
Pros
training/ team atmospher/management support.
Cons
long hours in december- but thats retail
Everyone was easy to get along with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 27, 2014
A typical day at work would vary from day to day , it all depending on how mach traffic would come in the door during the day.

Every day I would learn something new, especially when it came to getting to know what each and every customer wanted and what they were looking for

The management team was awesome, they were always there when you needed a hand to help and they respected each and everyone of us.

My co-workers were great, everyone worked together to get what was needed to get done.

The hardest part would probably have to be when i was the only sales associate for a particular day and all the work was on my shoulders, but I always manger to get everything done.

The most enjoyable part was working with the customers.
It's an all boys club!
Regional visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 29, 2015
It's an all boys club! If you can deal with the internal politics of this company or have a family member that works at head office, it's not worth it.

co-worker are good as long as you are in the right store. Staff changes by the store.

the hardest part of the job is the head office politics.
Pros
free tailor services, and tux rental
Cons
politics
O k job if your a student not someone who wants to work hard. And make money a stay as a Career because the sky is NOT the limit!! with Moores
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCMay 1, 2012
the problem with Moores you need to always give them what they want! But then when you want more money they will give you 15 cents! they are soooo cheap and your just a number to them.. alot of great workers leave every year! After being their for so long thinking they will advance but NO! Plus the job get's dual after awhile always the sammme thing just different day! plus everyone complains they make NO MONEY but work their butts off 6 days a week
Pros
fun work place but for students
Cons
poor management
Fun and rewarding
Tuxedo Operations Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2013
I was able to work with so many different people. From grade 9 grads to a wedding party of 24. I was happy to be involved in making someone's day a little more special.
Everyday was different, I learned so much about clothing style, fit and individuality.
My co-workers were always willing to help. Especially during the really busy seasons.
That would really be the hardest yet most enjoyable part of the job. The busy seasons. Getting so many people suits/tuxedo's, the days going by so fast, but seeing the smiles as they leave happy was very worth it.
Pros
happy customers, everyday differences.
Cons
sometimes long hours.
Great team, happy work environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 18, 2013
The greatest customer service experience training you could ever ask for, staff are wonderful and full of life. Managing for Moores has been a great learning experience, skill builder and has made me into a great leader. My co-workers have become very close to one another and remain productive and happy. The hardest part of my job I would have to say is the long hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team I have the honor of managing.
Pros
team, leadership, training
Cons
long hours, time off shift running transfers.
good beginning but bad direction towards end
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  GTAMay 28, 2012
A typical day involved building my team and training and setting goals. I learned much in the catagory of building up people and business. Management was very fun for me and my co-workers varied very much. Hardest part of job was resolving occasional issues in store...the most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on everyones face.
Pros
good promos and value
Cons
lack of integrity within upper management
fun workplace. great stalf
Sales Associate / Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2015
day of selling to customers for there suit or tux needs
receiving stock and sending merchandise out to different locations
fun people and friendly work environment
Pros
the employees are wonderful
Cons
hourly pay lower then needed for fulltime workers unless your a student
Poor Management / Lacking Skills
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBMay 11, 2015
Needs to learn how to properly run a business. Needs to be more friendly to new team members. Good discounts but poor training.
Cons
Poor Management
Love the people i work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 19, 2012
I enjoy the employees under myself. I am looking for a new start something where i make a little more money for the amount of time and effort i put into my job. I would like to find a career that i can hopefully stay with the rest of my working life.
Pros
great people/ customers
Cons
have no life outside of work