MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN Employee Reviews

Very productive workplace with high skills needed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2017
Gained communication skills, learned how to use cash register, kept a clean work environment, employees were very bondable, dealing with different situations and costumers
Pros
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB29 March 2017
Laid back atmosphere that has plenty of downtime during the slow months. Able to make a decent amount of money during the busy times. Low stress atmosphere that allows some flexibility schedule wise.
Outgoing place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 March 2017
Super professional place to work. Always had a positive energy when entering the store. Phenomenal management skills on a day to day basis. Very organized.
Fun part-time workplace
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 March 2017
I worked here part-time as a University student. The job paid well for a part-time position, and the flexible hours worked well with my student lifestyle.
Fun to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 March 2017
Good place to work. Head management needs to find money in the budget to get it cleaned. Old building so it is very dusty and dry inside. We had to go a few weeks without a vacuum because we didn't have money in the budget for a new one.
Pros
Fun
Cons
dirty
Moores
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's16 February 2017
Amazing place to work and the culture is great! Work life balance can be tricky. Compensation is suitable for single person but hard on someone supporting a family.
Prodctive day trying to make as much money for both me and the comapny
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 February 2017
Good atmosphere to work in the staff was great, manamemt was good.The hardest part about the job was looking at the manager get all the sales. A day a work started off doing invitory,then waiting for the customers to come and try and make as much commission as possible,end of shift clean up the usual.
Fantastic company to work for with plenty of room for advancement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 January 2017
I was the Operations Manager with Moores Clothing For Men for about 9 years. I was responsible for a team of about 7 female sales associates, including hiring, releasing, training, payroll and scheduling. I ran the tuxedo department and assisted with Managerial duties within the store. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with people every day and assisting them with their wedding party needs. I am told years later that people still go in and ask for me. Which feels fantastic.
great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2017
management was wonderful staff was great and everyday was different always liked going to work just all around good place to work
Work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON17 November 2016
Moores Clothing is a good work environment, where the individuals you work with are open with each other. Great environment that allows you to balance other jobs or education. My manager's were always willing to work around my schedule and gave me the hours i required to sustain myself while achieving my academic goals. The customer base that we bring turns into long relationships outside of the work place, I've cultivated a lot of relationships because of this work environment.
Pros
Multiple store outings with the team, creating friendships outside of work.
Cons
May have to relocate to other stores depending on store success or performance.
One of the top 100 companies work for in canada
SEAMSTRESS (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2016
Very friendly and fun to work, lots of marginal benefits,
Paid weekly,
Bonuses from overall sales, on the job training,
Clean and fun to work environment
Pros
FREE BREAK
Cons
SUNDAYS OPEN
Fun work place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
It becomes one big family. Clients are respectful and fun to work with. If you like fashion then this is the job for you. You get to mix and match everything and actually create their outfits from top to bottom.
Geeks dream
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 September 2016
Very cool and fun gadgets to play with and enjoy. Work/life balance is not ideal and staff demographic tends to lean towards a younger audience. This company does not exist anymore.
Fun, productive
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC19 September 2016
All around the staff I was working with were absolutely amazing, pay was ok , lots of turn overs, amazing regional managers , love their products ,great store for men
Fun Place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 April 2016
Independent work but you are surrounded by positive people and work is a breeze. Supervisors are friendly if you work hard and you build relationship on an individual basis.
Fast paced work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 February 2016
Liked talking to the customers. Didn't like the fighting over who's customers is who's. The hardest part for me was the computer cash register.
Pros
I like clothes
Cons
Low wages
Decent workplace, good to develop selling behaviours
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2016
I enjoy working at Moores overall, The hours can be tough however I find many of the people are outstanding. There is money to be made if you have the skills and if you are a good employee there is room for advancement
Pros
good training
fun enviroment
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2016
Great place to work. For a retail chain, they provide great training, and a hands on feel to selling their product. I would recommend purchasing your wardrobe at Moores Clothing For Men, as its not just a store, but and experience,
Approved Fortune 500 companies to work for !
Assistant Manager/ Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC23 October 2015
i have been employed with Moores Clothing since 2008. i started out as a sales associate and work my way up to the position of an assistant manager, before returning to school full time. in my experience at Moores i have, i have had great mentors, who schooled me not only on part of the business but also in my daily lifestyle. the have taught me hard work, dedication, and most important of all perseverance in rough time. i would highly encourage everyone to work for moores. as for me it has been a life changing experience.
Pros
Best Christmas party
fast paced work place with opportunity to expand
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 October 2015
Moores has a great training program, they help develop their employees.
There is never a time where there is nothing to do. Between the clients who are in store, store maintenance, merchandise that needs to be received, merchandised and price adjustments, training, coaching and demonstrating new and past sales techniques or policies, there is always something to do.
Staff work as a team and can be very close (like family)
Pros
opportunity to dial op your sales ability
Cons
retail hours, evenings and weekends are the best time to work and make money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval