MOORES CLOTHING FOR MEN Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced but enjoyable working environment
Wardrobe Consultant/Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 26, 2015
Pros: Health Benefits
Cons: Long Hours
Working at Moores allowed a fantastic learning experience in a fast paced environment. Having to deal with customer relations as well as with colleagues, created an on the job education in interpersonal skills and facilitated personal reflection and self growth. A typical day at work would include administrative tasks such as till counts, communication with upper management and making sure customers would feel that the service they are receiving was nothing short of world class. That meant going above and beyond to make sure that the customer not only got what they intended when they arrived at the store, but also leave with a sense of satisfaction so that their return to the store would not only be welcomed, but be an assurance. The management was quite supportive and encouraged communication and commitment, while expecting a high standard in customer service.

At times the stores could be overwhelming during busy seasons, but with a team that works together to enable the best possible service, the days would be busy, but feel enjoyable and satisfying.
Enjoy bringing each client comfort knowing they have A hairstyle that best suits them personally.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sydney, NSNovember 21, 2013
Pros: seeing people smile
Cons: chemicals in perms and colour, hard on stylists lungs
I learned over the years owning and operating my own salon very challenging and rewarding. I also became aware that if you provide great service to each individual and make them feel special they leave happy and will most importantly return for that same service and will support you, which felt very rewarding. I had many experiences with co-workers being in the beauty industry I was able to help guide the new up and coming in our industry. The hardest part of being in the beauty industry was to deal with the amount of focus and quality workmanship that is involved to becoming A successful hairstylist I sometimes could see which individual was going to make it in the industry. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of being in the beauty industry was to be able to create A comfortable atmosphere and to bring peoples lives happiness by making them feel good in there own skin.
Everyone was easy to get along with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 27, 2014
A typical day at work would vary from day to day , it all depending on how mach traffic would come in the door during the day.

Every day I would learn something new, especially when it came to getting to know what each and every customer wanted and what they were looking for

The management team was awesome, they were always there when you needed a hand to help and they respected each and everyone of us.

My co-workers were great, everyone worked together to get what was needed to get done.

The hardest part would probably have to be when i was the only sales associate for a particular day and all the work was on my shoulders, but I always manger to get everything done.

The most enjoyable part was working with the customers.
Fun and rewarding
Tuxedo Operations Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: happy customers, everyday differences.
Cons: sometimes long hours.
I was able to work with so many different people. From grade 9 grads to a wedding party of 24. I was happy to be involved in making someone's day a little more special.
Everyday was different, I learned so much about clothing style, fit and individuality.
My co-workers were always willing to help. Especially during the really busy seasons.
That would really be the hardest yet most enjoyable part of the job. The busy seasons. Getting so many people suits/tuxedo's, the days going by so fast, but seeing the smiles as they leave happy was very worth it.
O k job if your a student not someone who wants to work hard. And make money a stay as a Career because the sky is NOT the limit!! with Moores
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Laval, QCMay 1, 2012
Pros: fun work place but for students
Cons: poor management
the problem with Moores you need to always give them what they want! But then when you want more money they will give you 15 cents! they are soooo cheap and your just a number to them.. alot of great workers leave every year! After being their for so long thinking they will advance but NO! Plus the job get's dual after awhile always the sammme thing just different day! plus everyone complains they make NO MONEY but work their butts off 6 days a week
Approved Fortune 500 companies to work for !
Assistant Manager/ Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee), Montreal, QCOctober 23, 2015
Pros: Best Christmas party
i have been employed with Moores Clothing since 2008. i started out as a sales associate and work my way up to the position of an assistant manager, before returning to school full time. in my experience at Moores i have, i have had great mentors, who schooled me not only on part of the business but also in my daily lifestyle. the have taught me hard work, dedication, and most important of all perseverance in rough time. i would highly encourage everyone to work for moores. as for me it has been a life changing experience.
fast paced work place with opportunity to expand
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 13, 2015
Pros: opportunity to dial op your sales ability
Cons: retail hours, evenings and weekends are the best time to work and make money.
Moores has a great training program, they help develop their employees.
There is never a time where there is nothing to do. Between the clients who are in store, store maintenance, merchandise that needs to be received, merchandised and price adjustments, training, coaching and demonstrating new and past sales techniques or policies, there is always something to do.
Staff work as a team and can be very close (like family)
Great team, happy work environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: team, leadership, training
Cons: long hours, time off shift running transfers.
The greatest customer service experience training you could ever ask for, staff are wonderful and full of life. Managing for Moores has been a great learning experience, skill builder and has made me into a great leader. My co-workers have become very close to one another and remain productive and happy. The hardest part of my job I would have to say is the long hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team I have the honor of managing.
Horrible DM'S and store managers
Assistant manager (Current Employee), BCMay 8, 2015
Pros: lovely teammates
Cons: managed by irresponsible and selfish managers and DM's
Open door policy is just a saying they use to make themselves look good, managers are lazy and most of the work is left for AM's and tux managers, SA's are overworked, most of the time short staffed and employees don't get a chance to take breaks or maybe take their break after 6-7 hours into working, lots of turn-overs due to poor DMs, lots of politics, AM's get paid 6.25 an hour for 40 hours as salary plus 5% commission which is a rip off
Retail sales and customer service experience
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 24, 2012
•Handled cash register activities in areas of purchasing, returns, exchanges and enforced store policies
•Resolved customer complaints in a manner consistent with company policy and guaranteed customer satisfaction to ensure repeat business
•Chosen to assist in the training of new associates on cash register
•Maintained strong product knowledge; provided a quick and efficient customer experience
good beginning but bad direction towards end
Sales Manager (Former Employee), GTAMay 28, 2012
Pros: good promos and value
Cons: lack of integrity within upper management
A typical day involved building my team and training and setting goals. I learned much in the catagory of building up people and business. Management was very fun for me and my co-workers varied very much. Hardest part of job was resolving occasional issues in store...the most enjoyable part of my job was putting a smile on everyones face.
Very fun loving workplace.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 30, 2015
Pros: manager trips
Cons: very long hours
everyday was usually the same.
we did role plays
coached my team
handled inventory
balanced inventory
did special orders
maintained all store departments
did alterations
the hardest parts were also fairly consistent
the returns of used clothing under the pretense of it not being worn.
gender conflicts as it was a mens clothing store and some men didn't want a women to help them.
Mediocre at best
Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: fun group of people
Cons: managers use of power
I've worked with some awesome people there and have had some amazing moments. But unfortunately the after taste of the company is that they only care about money and nothing else. The mangers (some not all) will use their power to further their own financial goals.
That's just my two cents and not at all indicative of the entire company
A great company, where no days are ever the same!
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 15, 2014
Pros: bonus reward for exceeding sales targets
Cons: inconsistent scheduling
The beauty of my present employer is that, everyday is different, there is a great team involved with you everyday to help grow the business and achieve sales targets.
The joy that fulfills my day is when I see a customer/client leaves happy with their items!
Great place to work...great culture...great training...great team
Wardrobe consultant (Current Employee), TorontoJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: training/ team atmospher/management support.
Cons: long hours in december- but thats retail
Learned alot about Customer service and real consulting.
I like the fact that Sr. Management helps out like everyone else. Very approachable. Amazing training.

Great team atmosphere...Everyone supports one-another.
It's an all boys club!
Regional visual merchandiser (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 29, 2015
Pros: free tailor services, and tux rental
Cons: politics
It's an all boys club! If you can deal with the internal politics of this company or have a family member that works at head office, it's not worth it.

co-worker are good as long as you are in the right store. Staff changes by the store.

the hardest part of the job is the head office politics.
Moores
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: great team enviornment
Cons: no substantial hours outside of seasonal settings
My experience at moores has taught me a lot. it has taken me from viewing co-workers as combatents to teammates. however, i did later find out that i was lied to by the manager that hired me and thus making certain things i believed the company offered to be not true.
Love the people i work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 19, 2012
Pros: great people/ customers
Cons: have no life outside of work
I enjoy the employees under myself. I am looking for a new start something where i make a little more money for the amount of time and effort i put into my job. I would like to find a career that i can hopefully stay with the rest of my working life.
fun workplace. great stalf
Sales Associate / Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2015
Pros: the employees are wonderful
Cons: hourly pay lower then needed for fulltime workers unless your a student
day of selling to customers for there suit or tux needs
receiving stock and sending merchandise out to different locations
fun people and friendly work environment
Fun working environment
Part Time Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: worked with fashion
Flexible scheduling hours for students
Room for growth
All employees were treated equally

What I at times found challenging was when I would encounter the "no-pleasing" or negative customer. I would have to find away to gain their trust as a consultant.