As a member of our IT Services Risk Management team, the Senior Technology Consultant will provide leadership and subject matter expertise in the provision of business continuity and disaster recovery services to both internal and external customers.
- Provide leadership in promoting a risk-based culture and be a people, process and technology champion in improving the business and service continuity maturity across all IT process areas.
- Provide subject matter expertise and support for all emergency management initiatives, including but not limited to, business continuity planning (BCP), disaster recovery planning (DRP) and service continuity planning (SCP) for critical products and services.
- Develop BCP and DRP policies, standards, templates and procedures, in conjunction with the Corporate Business Continuity Office.
- Participate in the development of overall service continuity strategy and supporting service continuity infrastructure (SCI) roadmap for both internal and external BCP/DRP customers.
- Establish a BCP/DRP service engagement process with key stakeholder groups to ensure that all BCP/DRP services provided to the customers follow a structured and quality approach from a best in class perspective.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of BCP and DRP services to all internal and external customers to ensure excellent customer satisfaction and service financial viability from a profit and loss perspective.
- Develop and maintain a set of key performance indicators for BCP and DRP scorecard reporting purposes for the leadership teams, the Control Steering Committee and the Audit Committee.
- Provide BCP/DRP consulting and operational support services including, but not limted to, business impact analysis, risk assessments, the development, implementation, testing and maintenance of BCP and DRP plans, and 7/24 disaster recovery coordination support in the event of a disaster.
- Provide advisory and mentorship support to junior team members.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in IT risk and security management methodologies and approaches, particularly from a business continuity planning, disaster recovery planning and service continuity planning perspective.
- Expertise in program and project management and practical experience in managing changes in requirements without impacting the timeliness and quality of project deliverables.
- Good knowledge of various risk and compliance requirements and/or process standards such as SOX, SAS70/SSAE16, COBIT and ITIL.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Leadership, program/project management and service management skills.
- A strategic thinker with the capabilities to transform conceptual ideas into tangible solutions and/or actions.
- Excellent understanding of infrastructure environments and/or similar infrastructure environments for telecommunications companies, with subject matter expertise in the design and implementation of backup/recovery, failover/redundancy, data replication/de-duplication, media encryption, and/or other related service continuity and risk management technologies, techniques and mechanisms.
- At least 5+ years of experience in IT risk, security and/or business continuity management
- DRI (Institute for Continuity Management) or BCI (Business Continuity Institute) certification or equivalent
- Certified Information Systems Auditor - CISA (desirable)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional or Certified Information Security Manager - CISSP, CISM (desirable)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control - RISC (desirable)
Montgomery Benz is a premier recruitment firm focusing on the specialized fields of Information Systems Security, including Disaster Recovery Planning, Business Continuity, Crisis Management, Incident Response, and Threat Risk Assessment.
For a confidential discussion, please call Harry Benz at 905-864-8585
Indeed - 2 years ago