The overall purpose of this position is to provide accounting and administrative support to the company. This includes assistance with day-to-day accounting activities, preparing and sending correspondence, ordering supplies and maintaining office equipment, and other general clerical duties.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Record customer payments and apply same to customer accounts in the accounting system.
- Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Reconcile employee expense reports and enter into accounting system.
- Communication with staff, details of when they will receive expenses
- Analyze company usage of various products/service.
- Inventory Purchases - Receive and match supplier invoices, quantities, goods and prices to approved purchase orders and proof of receipt for review by Intermediate Accountant.
- Other Goods and Services - Receive and code non-inventory supplier invoices for review by Intermediate Accountant.
- Match and prepare payable and expense cheques for signatures and mailing.
- Sort and distribute maile
- Source, order and organize office supplies
- Update various lists and binders as required
- Completing other projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- Completion of an executive/administrative assistance and/or entry level accounting program ofr equivalent is an asset
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience working with Great Plains would be an asset
Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Internal and external customer service skills
- Proficient at handling and prioritizing multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be detail oriented with demonstrated strength in accuracy and completeness