Montanas Cookhouse Employee Reviews

productive workplace when we know how to work together
Server and Expo (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB25 September 2017
A typical day at montanas is laid back, ive learnt a lot about organization and multitasking, the management is a little crazy at times and there really are no hard parts to working at montanas.. the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with as long as you treat one another with respect
Pros
the people
Cons
no breaks unless its split
Awesome place to work socially
Server/bartender (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 August 2017
A great family oriented environment and a good support system as far as staff and management went.. The managers helped/assisted in creating a great working environment for their staff.
Friendly Staff
Host (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB25 July 2017
Inviting Staff members
Management can improve
Good balance of a social life and work while being employed here
Friendly Environment
Pros
Working with everyone there
Fun, High energy workplace
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 April 2017
Staff is great and very knowledgeable, and helpful in teaching new people. You can always expect everyone to give their best effort on the busiest nights.
Pros
Organized work
Cons
short hours
fun workplace, good work environment and staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB10 March 2017
Usually a good work environment,
Learned many customer service skills,
Hardest part of my job was dealing with unhappy customers
Management was alright
Happy environment
Pros
Staff was friendly and easy to work with
Cons
Not having a set schedule
Over all good work environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2017
Over all I enjoyed working here. The staff are great and it is a nice work environment. My only complaint, is the customers often complained about the food, which looks bad on the server when it is really the kitchens fault.
learned lots of customer service
Works as a server and host occasioanlly (Current Employee) –  South Surrey, BC12 January 2017
helped me become more comfortable talking to customers and engaging in conversation, learns social skills, hardest part about the job is the travel time, and i don't get as many hours as i would like, its enjoyable getting to know people, a typical day at work consists of talking to customers, taking orders and communicating with other co workers
Cons
short hours
Perfect for students
Bartender/Waitress/Shift leader (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB1 December 2016
- perfect for students balancing work and school
- good pay for minimal hours
- great co-workers
- I learned how to multitask multiple jobs
- not a lot of opportunity to move up in the business
Second Family
Server, Hostess, Bartender, Expo (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 August 2016
Working in such a fast-paced environment can be very stressful but working at Montana's was a much different experience. You form strong bonds with your co-workers because you all rely on each other to complete several tasks. The managers at Montana's are understanding and tough but fair. They really do look after their employees. Wages and hours can vary considerably depending on how busy the restaurant is.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Unpredictable income
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON18 July 2016
Everyone is enjoyable and effective with theirs jobs. Everybody helps each other and never asks for much in return. We all understand how busy we can get and we just try to make the shift go without hassle or slowing down.
fun energetic place to work
Hostess/Expo (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 March 2016
i am close with everyone i work with her, always have fun at work, on a daily basis i would clean, interact with guests and expo food.
Management does not care about its employees.
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 February 2016
The management at the particular location I worked at did not care about keeping its employees. The owner seemingly wanted a high turnover. My hours were cut to 6 hours a week to force me into quitting. Rules were enforced only on employees who the direct managers did not like, and people they did like could get away with anything. I would only work here again if absolutely necessary.
Pros
I could listen to music while working (dishwasher)
Cons
Short hours, no benefits, negative atmosphere.
Management ruins the work environment
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 November 2015
Fun and fast-paced work place with great co-workers.
Unfortunately, management is very hypocritical and favours whoever sells the most food. Will expect you to drop whatever you're doing (like rolling cutlery for your sections) to do what they ask, and then pull you aside for not having prepped your tables for the next guests.
Pros
Staff discount on food
Cons
Terrible management
Great environment
Manager, Customer Service, Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 October 2015
The days go by quick because of how busy the store is, you learn new ways to advance the company daily. Management is excellent, organized and staff are friendly. The hardest part of the job would be working shift work, heavy weekend and nights and all holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job are meeting awesome customers that visit and the staff you work with.
Pros
Staff, Job opportunities
Cons
Work every weekend, nights and holidays
Summary of work
hostess/expo (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 October 2015
Working at montanas as a good learning job to have. I did not enjoy the workplace because it was not mature enough. I felt like I was doing the tasks of my other coworkers all the time. i did learn what it was like to have to take on a heavy workload and high responsibility. It is not a job that i could see myself going back to. I did enjoy the customers though, as it was always easy to talk to them and greet them.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Coworkers
Fun place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 July 2015
I enjoy all my co-workers they are all so nice we are like a little family. I get along with everyone and have made great friends from working there.

I have learned a lot about myself and that I am handle more than I would expect.

I love my managers they are all so nice, but favourite some people.
Pros
I get a nice discount
Cons
no breaks, and you never know when you are going to be done work ( we only get a start time)
Competitive and busy environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 August 2014
Overall Montanas Cookhouse was mediocre. It was a very competitive place to work and the management picked favorites. And those who didnt not get chosen as a "favorite" got shorted on their shifts.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Poor management
My current job
Preparation Cook (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON1 July 2014
A day at Montanas is usually fun but filled with hard work as it is a very busy restaurant. I have learned much more about team skills then ever before with any job I have had. The co workers mostly are laid back and have good senses of humour. The most enjoyable part of the job is the staff.
Pros
Easy going staff
Cons
Not enough hours.