Montana's Cookhouse Employee Reviews

If you like working in a kitchen, this one is no different.
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 May 2017
Montana's is just like any other low end restaurant kitchen. It's full of people rushing in and out, swearing their heads off trying to make ends meet. The cooks often swear at the servers and love to disrespect them when their backs are turned. I was one of the lucky employees to not be on the bad side of the cooks.
Pros
free food, funny people, excellent balance
Cons
stressful environment
part time job, great place to start
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador5 May 2017
my first real job,
great place to gain experience
great coworkers
hardest part of the job was management
best part of the job were the workers
I learned how to interact with people better
Fun workplace, fast paced. Overall good.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 May 2017
I had a great time working at montanas, great staff, great management, but the only thing that caused me to leave was the mixup when management changed and lack of shifts therefore after. I learned a lot from the job, how to work safely in a kitchen environment, how to tell if food is fully cooked, how to safely store food and so on. The hardest part of the job was definately when days were extrememly packed and fast paced, but i loved the challenge.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Crazy paced some days
Great Atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2017
A typical's day of work is enjoyable, but also can be stressful, considering all the different customers you meet. This is pretty normal at the restaurant, which isn't so hard to deal with. The management is decent, and can change almost a month or two months in.
Pros
discount food
Cons
Back talking
Great hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario26 April 2017
Great for learning, building budgets, p/l and sales. Good growth with in the company. Many brands to choose from my it be corporate or franchised. Good hours and bonus.
meh
RESTAURANT SERVER & BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC19 April 2017
It paid the bills , but the location I worked at did not get the support from corporate. 3 years working there they went threw 4 different General Mangers and business continued to go south as time went on.
good team
Cook (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 April 2017
friendly staff and management.
they work with you to try and give you the shifts you need as well as time off.
Busy work environment.
sometimes you need to stay longer then what you are scheduled for to help out the team.
fun and positive work environment
LINE COOK, PREP COOK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
It was a fun and positive work environment.
Teaches a lot of skills, having to be in a team environment. hardest part is having to deal with the fast pace of the resturant
Great
Operating Partner and General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
Keep up the great work and always positive energy I wish you all the best in the futur and thanks again for all the years of great stuff.

always great food
Busy
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 March 2017
Busy and upbeat place to work. Have to be able to work in a stressful environment. Training is very good and the people are friendly and helpful

Want to know more about Montana's Cookhouse?

Ask a question
My day
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 February 2017
A typical day of work was figuring out the reservations for the night/day and organize them to figure out where they would go. I would maintain a constant rotation for the servers so they would equally get the same number of tables.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Never knowing when you would end your shift, Favouritism, only weekends mosty, short shifts
productive
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2017
Great work environment with huge amounts of comedy between co-workers. It's a wonderful place to work. The environment is fast-paced, but you are given ample time to adjust.
Wonderful people
Line-Cook (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 January 2017
Fast Paced Place to Work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 January 2017
Montana's is a fast-paced place to work but it is an exciting job. People are friendly but must be serious when the time comes, all in all it is a good place to work if in need of a job.
Pros
Discounts, Free Lunches
Cons
Split Shifts, Short hours
Some days, work wasn't enjoyable.
Supervisor/Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 January 2017
For the year and a half that I was working for this company, it was a not fun at all. Never had the proper cooking utensils, management is never on the same page, and servers got to do whatever they wanted to do.
Pros
Free lunch dinner
Cons
Long hours, BAD Management, bad staff
Wonderful place to eat, work and grow.
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 December 2016
A wonderfully friendly place to eat, work and meet new or old friends. Montanas was a place I enjoyed going to, no matter the reason. The employees are fun to work with, have excellent teamwork and are supportive. If you need to ask any questions about the job or the menu they are always ready to help. The menu is well designed and easy to follow and the management team works hard to be fair and good to all employees.
A typical day consisted of getting there, stocking my station/cleaning my area, greeting my co-workers, and tending to guests until the shifts end when a manager sent me home. The worst part of the job was dealing with the computer systems. The best part was being with my co-workers.
Pros
Good food, company and location.
Cons
Unbalanced hours, no crew room.
Did not enjoy..
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 December 2016
I found that there was a lot of gossip and the management was not very professional. servers would get mad at everyone for not doing there job. I learnt that in order to work for this place you have to want to gossip... hardest part was doing you job and well but getting told yu weren't doing it at all
Fast paced job, must be able to work well with others.
Kitchen Chef (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 December 2016
Get environment to work in if you are hard worker and appreciate a challenge. Management is understanding and flexible with part-time work schedules due to school.
Great place for new workers to start and and get a good feel of the work force
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
The quality of work conducted at Montana's Cookhouse is not comparable with any other institute like it. Hard working people, perseverance, and exploration of new techniques. Most of all the owner and the workers all have an ambitious vision for the future which is what makes Montana's Cookhouse special.
Never a dull moment
Server/Expo (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 November 2016
Working here was never a dull moment; the coworkers got along really well or they didn't. We were like a big family. Management wasn't so great, barely listened to any requests, barely followed availability, and all around was very judgemental and made our work time there stressful.
All around though it wasn't a terrible place to be. Easy to make friends there while working and we all stuck together in the end.
Great place to go eat though that's for sure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montana's Cookhouse. Our community is ready to answer.