Montana's Cookhouse Employee Reviews

Great and fun place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Montanas is a great job to have if you enjoy engaging with people at all times, and working as a team to insure that the job gets done and guests are happy when during their visit and when they leave.
Positive Atmosphere
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Although I got scheduled for 1 or 2 hour shifts and did not get paid for the minimum 3 hours of work, it was a decent place to work and the long-time employees are great people.
Pros
15% off all food
Cons
1 hour shifts
My first kitchen, best night team ive worked with
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
My first kitchen i started working in amazing communication, amazing strong leadership, excellent trading, a strong understood standard, advancement wasn't very frequent because no one wanted to leave
Pros
Stated in the summary
Cons
Lack of advancement
Excellent place to work
Kitchen Supervisor/ Line cook/ Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 4, 2016
A Great company. It really helped me to grow my culinary knowledge and gave me lots of opportunities to grow. Everyone in the kitchen treated each other like family, which really made for a great working environment.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No benifits
good work environment people were great
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONDecember 8, 2015
The work was good i enjoy working in the kitchen it stays fast paced and you are always moving the shift goes by pretty fast
Pros
free dinner
Cons
unpredictable shifts
Busy and frantic
Hostess (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABNovember 6, 2015
A host here practically does the work of every position. We cleared tables, ran the wait list, served food and drinks, took orders when needed ect.
Pros
fun people
Cons
management
Worked in the kitchen
Chef (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 18, 2015
It was a fast paced restaurant, where I cooked food and prepared all the food for lunch and dinner service. I enjoyed working at Montana's because the team work and the friendly environment.
fun!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  queenswayOctober 14, 2015
I have been working at Montana's for a year and a half and it has been an overall good experience for me. The staff is friendly and feels like a family. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet different people everyday and being in a fun loving environment. I learned extraordinary customer service skills and how to properly serve guests. I am happy to have had this experience but am looking to start a new chapter.
fun place to work when there is work
HMS Host (Former Employee) –  calgaryOctober 9, 2015
every day there was something different at montana's you didnt know if you were going to get a full shift in or get cut early, you didnt know if you were going to be busy all night or if you were just going to sit around all night a clean

no one really helped anyone else and it just wasnt a good place to work
Pros
cheap lunches
Cons
short hours
Alright place to work
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 4, 2015
Very rude general manager, never at work or if she is she is drinking at the bar all shift and complains the whole time. Lots of the staff is nice but some rude bartenders. Bartenders think they can talk to you like they are managers.
Pros
50% of food
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun work, but terrible employees
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Walnut GroveAugust 3, 2015
It was really fun to learn how to cook new things. The management was nice but it wasn't well managed. The Line was a mess and there was blatant racism. It was a bit much. I learned a lot of new things I will see that as a positive, but it was while I was being insulted and sometimes it wasn't even in a language I could understand fully. Since I grew up in a multicutural area, however, I picked up on some of it.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Racism, Bad hours
Great cook experience
Line cook/Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJuly 12, 2015
learn to be great with time management. mastered a great deal of kitchen skills form grill and pantry. enjoyed working for the company.
Fun place to work
SERVER/HOSTESS/EXPO (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 28, 2015
I loved working at Montana's. My coworkers were very fun to work with and always eager to help when I needed it. The managers were amazing as well. Kept it perfectly balanced between professional and friendly. It was always very easy to talk to them.
Summary
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Brampton, On.June 12, 2015
Really great working at Montana's Cookhouse. Get to meet new people all the time. Also the co-work are very friendly when you need to ask them a question.
Productive anf fun place.
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2015
Although management was not as great as it could be, working at Montana's was very enjoyable because of my co-workers. When i first started there they made me feel at home and in little to no time i was a part of them. Montana's taught me how to give every single customer a great experience which allowed them to come back and ask for me personally to serve them. The hardest part of the job was learning the system used there in order to punch in food, however when getting a hang of it i had no problems what so ever. The most enjoyable part of the job was going in and working with my co-workers, i am very friendly and approachable therefore make friends very easily, which is i believe an important quality when working at a restaurant.
Pros
Having an enjoyable job
Cons
Not great management
Fun and efficient workplace.
Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 29, 2015
Montana's is a workplace that allows me to work at a fast pace and constantly interact with the public. On any given day, I am able to meet at least 20 new people while getting to know my co-workers on a deeper level. I have developed friendships that go outside of work with people who push me to do better in my daily life and on the job, and vice versa.
Working as a server has taught me how to deal with all kinds of people and how to treat each individual with respect. I have learned how to maneuver in tough situations and have further developed my ability to work well under pressure.
I have learned how to effectively multitask and remember many things at one time. I have developed the ability to be friendly and 'happy' even when it does not suit my mood.
Cons
not enough hours.
Fun workplace but very fast paced
Restaurant/Lounge Server (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABMay 25, 2015
Montana's is a family restaurant that is extremely busy. It is a fun work environment at times but can also be very stressful. Serving has allowed a development of my communication and customer service skills as well as a great ability to multitask. Serving in a restaurant is a team effort as well as individual so it is important to be able to work together and alone. The hardest part of the job is having to handle customers that may not be happy with their experience at the restaurant.
meet many people from all over the world because we are close to the airport
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
my typical day at work would be doing opening duties by cleaning the front organizing menus, seating people and booking reservations
Productive, fun workplace.
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2015
My co-workers are amazing, I really enjoied the fact that I have advanced within the 5 years I have worked there. My managers are also wonderful, and do their best to communicate with staff which helps improve the way we all work. I like how the company is always trying to improve or be innovative. I have learned so much about the food service industry.
Pros
fun environment, great people
Cons
must be on your feet for long periods of time
Productctive, amazing co workers.
Line Cook/ Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg,MBApril 23, 2015
Management was great and I made frieds with most of my co-workers. I worked up from dishwasher to prep cook and line cook. Helped pay for my school.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Your average restaurant problems