Montana's Cookhouse

Montana's Cookhouse Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very pleasant experience
Line Cook (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
very pleasant experience, I had a great time. it was fun working with the kids in the outdoors
Alright
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: too much work for one person
A handful of coworkers were funny and easy to work with others including the managers were wack except for one but she got transferred. My work load as a dishwasher was ridiculous, I had very minimal help. Best part about the job was making money plain and simple.
a day at montanas
Server, host, expeditor (Former Employee), Bayer's Lake, NSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: hours weren't the best
A typical day at work at montanas was wed get there 15 minutes early. we would Set up the area we were working in to make sure we had everything we needed before our shift started. it was a busy environment, we had to work at a fast pace, and we had to be friendly and respectful.
I learned that not everyone is going to be happy and that you can't take the bad moments to heart. I learned how to work as a team and how to interact with different personalities.
Management and Co-workers; we worked with so many people, we all had separate tasks for the day. Everyone was very enthusiastic, and very welcoming. Everyone had there own methods on how to do their job which made things interesting.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy guests. whether it be too long of a wait to their table or their order wasn't exactly like it should have been.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people we worked around. Everyone just got along for the most part, everyone just made it very easy to stay happy and focused at work.
not the best place to work at if you are a single mother of 2
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: the general manager
a work day there was not the best to be honest. asides from myself there were only 2 good managers. the worst was the GM. some of the staff were not trustworthy at best however they all came in and did there job very well and i was proud of them for what they did in the run of a shift. if you needed them, they were there for sure.
Great place to socialize.
Line Cook (Current Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: nice crew to work with.
Cons: long hours and no family time.
A typical day would be Opening the store as the only line cook working. Having to prep and organized all the stations for the day before we open.

I've learned that team work is everything and it's hard when you don't have it.

It's a family based company with availability to move up in the company.

Hardest part of the job would be not having the help you need to have a successful day.

The enjoyable part of this job would be making sure guest have a wonderful experience.
Best serving job I've ever had
SUPERVISOR/BARTENDER (Former Employee), London, OntarioDecember 2, 2014
Pros: best serving job ever
Cons: money wasn't great. wanted to advance in my business life.
From top to bottom this was a great experience. I just wanted to move up in live and not be a server/bartender for the rest of my life.

That's why I moved from serving to work in the Radio Industry.
Great.
Waitress (Former Employee), Brandon,MBNovember 19, 2014
Great place. Great Managers. Great staff. Great atmosphere.
Great team to work with
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short staff
fun place to work
learned the dynamics of the industry
management changes were hard to keep up with
team mates were like family
Great place to work, fast paced and up beat
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Langley, BCSeptember 24, 2014
A typical night a Montanas for me is running the bar. I have created many regulars who I enjoy engaging with. /some nights are super busy with lots going on including running my own section, making drinks for servers, answering the phone
Ribs, steak, ribs, mashed potatos
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 11, 2014
I worked here for 5.5 years, and only stayed that long because of the staff and because I had seniority.
The management was brutal. They were very disorganized, and had no respect for their staff.
My coworkers were like family. We all got along and became best friends outside of the workplace.
The hardest part of the job was biting my tongue when the management would be disrespectful to myself or my coworkers.
just do your time then get out, looking for a new job
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: some decent people work there. flexible compared to other restaurants
Cons: managers, short staffed, pay sucks, and overall a useless job
I'm quitting this job soon because working here has been useless. The General Manager at my work screws around which Is fine with me because I am only there one day a week and I'm getting an education.
Yum
Hostess (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: discounts, atmosphere
Cons: wage, hours
- Great food
- Energetic staff
- Fun
- Positive environment
- Good job if you enjoy interacting with people
Fast paced environment with enjoyable customer interactions
Hostess and Server (Current Employee), Richmond hill, ONApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work consists of working with my team to ensure that customers have a great experience.

I get to meet a variety of people on the job which helps my ability to understand almost everyone.
productive and fun workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 8, 2014
- come to work and it would be a fun energetic environment
- learned how to properly handle food and prepare meals
- management always helped me out and looked out for my success
- my co-workers also were always helping everyone out and worked together
Very friendly, fun and relaxed place to work!
Waitress (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 7, 2014
Pros: personal ability to ensure customer satisfaction
Cons: lack of hours
Working at Montanas was an excellent experience. The staff and management was fun and friendly, and I very much enjoyed going into work every day. The nature of the restaurant attracts a very diverse group of people, primarily in family groups. The opportunity to talk to and learn about so many different people is an unparalleled experience. Overall, I loved my time here and only left because of school.
It is a busy fun environment with people
Line Cook, Prep Cook (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: long hours with (sometimes) no breaks
A typical day at work would be changing into a uniform, washing your hands, prepping and cleaning the station you would be working at each day and immediately begin making and finishing the orders in the most efficient and orderly fashion.
What I did learn besides detailed recipes, was something that has been implemented to me by past jobs, but enforced by this particular one, which was the ability to determine an efficient route to find a particular solution to a problem in a busy or rushed environment. This has led me to be a greater solution seeker and ultimately more reliable and useful.
The management is great for they always seek to help you in areas where you need assistance.
The most difficult part of the job was the highly busy and stressed-filled hours that one would have to work through, especially on the weekends.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that you associate with as they are focused in making a professional working environment but have the time to have fun while doing it.
Felt like a family
Server (Former Employee), St. John's, NLMarch 28, 2014
Working here for 5 years made my coworkers more then that. They became my best friends, some I would even consider family.
We all hung out together outside of work.
Sometimes this could lead to some tension at the workplace, but most times we knew how to separate work and personal disputes.
Productive and Friendly workplace
Expeditor/Hostess (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 24, 2014
I've learnt a of multi tasking skills while working here. I have also learnt to deal with stressful situations in a calm manner.
Must have teamwork for success
Line Chef (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 10, 2014
Montana's Cookhouse typically runs on a station to station basis. By the end of my time working there I was able to run each station throughout the kitchen. During down times the main responsibilities were to keep your station stocked with fresh produce, meats or sauces, as well as keeping your work station cleaned through a list of what should be cleaned for that station. During busy times, the kitchen is to work together to make sure the food comes out in an orderly fashion. If one station is less busy, normally the employees would be inclined to help them while maintaining their own station, in that the kitchen was run through team effort. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with the numbers of orders that were coming into the kitchen.
Busy, friendly atmosphere
Supervisor/Linecook (Former Employee), Red Deer ABJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: free meal after 5 hours discount at all cara restaurant
Cons: felt under appreciated for amount of effort
Check stock levels, then insure the were brought up to necessary levels for lunch rush then again for supper rush.

During rush would mainly work pivot witch involved leading the kitchen and helping communicate between front and back of house.

1 2 3