Montana's Cookhouse Employee Reviews

good team
Cook (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 April 2017
friendly staff and management.
they work with you to try and give you the shifts you need as well as time off.
Busy work environment.
sometimes you need to stay longer then what you are scheduled for to help out the team.
fun and positive work environment
LINE COOK, PREP COOK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
It was a fun and positive work environment.
Teaches a lot of skills, having to be in a team environment. hardest part is having to deal with the fast pace of the resturant
Great
Operating Partner and General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
Keep up the great work and always positive energy I wish you all the best in the futur and thanks again for all the years of great stuff.

always great food
Busy
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 March 2017
Busy and upbeat place to work. Have to be able to work in a stressful environment. Training is very good and the people are friendly and helpful
My day
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 February 2017
A typical day of work was figuring out the reservations for the night/day and organize them to figure out where they would go. I would maintain a constant rotation for the servers so they would equally get the same number of tables.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Never knowing when you would end your shift, Favouritism, only weekends mosty, short shifts
productive
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2017
Great work environment with huge amounts of comedy between co-workers. It's a wonderful place to work. The environment is fast-paced, but you are given ample time to adjust.
Wonderful people
Line-Cook (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 January 2017
Fast Paced Place to Work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 January 2017
Montana's is a fast-paced place to work but it is an exciting job. People are friendly but must be serious when the time comes, all in all it is a good place to work if in need of a job.
Pros
Discounts, Free Lunches
Cons
Split Shifts, Short hours
Some days, work wasn't enjoyable.
Supervisor/Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 January 2017
For the year and a half that I was working for this company, it was a not fun at all. Never had the proper cooking utensils, management is never on the same page, and servers got to do whatever they wanted to do.
Pros
Free lunch dinner
Cons
Long hours, BAD Management, bad staff
Wonderful place to eat, work and grow.
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 December 2016
A wonderfully friendly place to eat, work and meet new or old friends. Montanas was a place I enjoyed going to, no matter the reason. The employees are fun to work with, have excellent teamwork and are supportive. If you need to ask any questions about the job or the menu they are always ready to help. The menu is well designed and easy to follow and the management team works hard to be fair and good to all employees.
A typical day consisted of getting there, stocking my station/cleaning my area, greeting my co-workers, and tending to guests until the shifts end when a manager sent me home. The worst part of the job was dealing with the computer systems. The best part was being with my co-workers.
Pros
Good food, company and location.
Cons
Unbalanced hours, no crew room.
Did not enjoy..
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 December 2016
I found that there was a lot of gossip and the management was not very professional. servers would get mad at everyone for not doing there job. I learnt that in order to work for this place you have to want to gossip... hardest part was doing you job and well but getting told yu weren't doing it at all
Fast paced job, must be able to work well with others.
Kitchen Chef (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON6 December 2016
Get environment to work in if you are hard worker and appreciate a challenge. Management is understanding and flexible with part-time work schedules due to school.
Great place for new workers to start and and get a good feel of the work force
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 November 2016
The quality of work conducted at Montana's Cookhouse is not comparable with any other institute like it. Hard working people, perseverance, and exploration of new techniques. Most of all the owner and the workers all have an ambitious vision for the future which is what makes Montana's Cookhouse special.
Never a dull moment
Server/Expo (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 November 2016
Working here was never a dull moment; the coworkers got along really well or they didn't. We were like a big family. Management wasn't so great, barely listened to any requests, barely followed availability, and all around was very judgemental and made our work time there stressful.
All around though it wasn't a terrible place to be. Easy to make friends there while working and we all stuck together in the end.
Great place to go eat though that's for sure.
Time management!
Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 October 2016
Would work during typical dinner rushes where staff is most needed. Sometimes this would mean coming in for 3 hours and leaving once the dinner rush was over. Hours were very unpredictable and usually less than 10 hours a week. The hardest part of the job was working by yourself during dinner rushes and falling behind with chit times.
Pros
50% off all food
Cons
unpredictable hours
Fun place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 October 2016
Very fun environment. Management is great, and staff members are very fun and extremely nice. Satisfying your customers is definitely the most enjoyable part of the job.
Good Place to Work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 October 2016
Great managers and co-workers which make it a very fun place to work. A typical shift is around 5 hours and time goes by very fast especially if it is busy -- which I really enjoy
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
A lot of children which leads to a lot of messes
Productive, friendly, but sometimes slow on shifts.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC23 October 2016
A typical day at work was usually, get there, get ready, say hi to my co-workers and get to work, while enjoying what I did. I learned how to handle fryers more safely, and cook more foods with them. The management was really good, but during the time i was there, the management was shifting over so shifts were very random and then stopped completely for about a few weeks, from confusion. My co-workers were great, friendly, and motivational to me, and always made me feel welcome. Hardest part of the job was when it came to rush time and there weren't enough fryers for all the food I needed to cook so I had to improvise. Most enjoyable part was seeing people that I enjoyed being around every shift and being told I did a good job.
Pros
50% off lunch.
Cons
If closing you can only leave when everyone is finished.
Montanas
Dishwasher, Line cook, Hostess, Expediter (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 October 2016
The management was terrible. other staff was okay. Not the best place to work and werent very flexible with working around another job. Made me choose that is why i left
Fun but Hectic workplace
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON6 October 2016
The staff were fun but the hours were unsteady. I was never paid what was offered at my interview nor was i given the agreed upon weekly hours. The management was generally helpful but sometimes nasty and overbearing. This was a summer job for me at most, but it did help me function in a larger kitchen space.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Low pay and uneven hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montana's Cookhouse. Our community is ready to answer.