Montana's Cookhouse

Montana's Cookhouse Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
meet many people from all over the world because we are close to the airport
Hostess (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 14, 2015
my typical day at work would be doing opening duties by cleaning the front organizing menus, seating people and booking reservations
Productive, fun workplace.
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 26, 2015
Pros: fun environment, great people
Cons: must be on your feet for long periods of time
My co-workers are amazing, I really enjoied the fact that I have advanced within the 5 years I have worked there. My managers are also wonderful, and do their best to communicate with staff which helps improve the way we all work. I like how the company is always trying to improve or be innovative. I have learned so much about the food service industry.
Productctive, amazing co workers.
Line Cook/ Dishwasher (Current Employee), Winnipeg,MBApril 23, 2015
Pros: Great work culture
Cons: Your average restaurant problems
Management was great and I made frieds with most of my co-workers. I worked up from dishwasher to prep cook and line cook. Helped pay for my school.
Laid back workplace, good coworker relationships
Line Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 14, 2015
Pros: strong coworker and management relationships
Cons: scheduling conflicts were very common
As a line cook I prepared and cooked meals, sanitized and cleaned the restaurant, and I trained two new employees within a month of working for the company. I take pride in doing my job well. If required I asked my coworkers for assistance, and helped others to complete their work. Coworker relationships for the most part were very good, we interacted well with each other.
fast paced hard to learn environment
Line cook - trained on all stations (Former Employee), st.albert, abMarch 31, 2015
Pros: able to cook own food
Cons: long hours late into night
very fast paced with lots of very repetitive work to do. other employees and management are very critical of your work and come across rude.
Fun place to work great staff
Restaurant Hostess (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMarch 15, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough hours
Got to work
Cleaned hostess stand
washed windows
Seated guests
Swept floors
Brought food to tables
Learned how to seat guests communicate with guests
Management was good
Hardest part was organizing guests when there was long waits
Most enjoyable part was seeing guests leave happy with a good experience
Fun place to work, but if youre part time you get the bad end of the stick
Hostess (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: bad managment
The staff wasnt bad, though the managment was the worst ive ever seen. It is the reason i am quitting. Though, with tips it is nice. I didnt recieve tips though until 6 weeks after i started as a "probation" period. The hours arent bad if youre part time. Though as a host, i was working most weekends till 11 oclock. Plus if youre part time you always get the bad end of the stick as a hostess
Fun workplace with a great staff team!
Head Hostess (Former Employee), Oakville, OntarioMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great environment, friendly staff
Cons: short hours
Working as a head hostess, I was trusted with many different tasks around the restaurant. I would seat families and individuals while telling them about daily specials and my personal food recommendations.

The management team was amazing, the three main managers were constantly trying to push the hostess team to new levels and taught us many useful lessons to use in our futures. They always were open to new possibilities and position advancements if we desired.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers. Everyone was truly like a giant family which made going to work a pleasure.
Fun workplace, sanitary, good atmosphere
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Guelph ONFebruary 25, 2015
I would just go into work, clean my hands well, and start making corn bread and baking cookies, prepping the baked potatoes, etc. I learned about the restaurant environment from working at Montana's. Management was great and I loved to joke around and have a good time with my co-workers. I think the hardest part of the job was just that I had never really had the experience before so it was a tad overwhelming at first, but the best part was getting in a full work day and feeling accomplished from it.
Productive workplace with great co-workers and management
Hostess (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: productive and always busy
Cons: constant moving
Greeting and bringing customers to their table, busing tables and managing a wait list. Organized team and likeable management. Hardest part is managing a wait list and quoting a wait time. Most enjoyable part is working with an awesome team and making customers happy with their stay.
Teamwork is the key to a successful work environment
Hostess (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free beverages
Cons: no specific end time
Working in a restaurant made me realize the true meaning of teamwork. Everyone is there to help each other. The management did well considering their young age. The hardest part of the job was meeting the customers every need - but it was also the most satisfying part once they left having had a great dining experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Montana's Cookhouse is an enjoyable work environment with friendly employees who are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and good quality food.
Management Creates a Poisonous Environment
Expediter/Server (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: management
I have respected every person whom I have worked for thus far, but the managers at Montana's put an end to that streak:

I was hired as a server, under the condition that I work in the kitchen for four months; the reason being: they just hired six new servers who would be doing training for that amount of time. After I was due for server training, and working months of inconsistent split-shifts, management did not promote me to server as promised. I was doing so well in the kitchen, they decided to drag out my "server training" by giving me 4 hours of training out of 35 hours per week with unlimited availability. I confronted the managers calmly and professionally on numerous occasions in an attempt to even get a time frame for my server training and its completion. Since I have been hired, over half a dozen servers have gone through the hiring and training process. Everyone who works there will admit the managers and owner are terrible, but hardly anyone quits because the money one makes as a server is too good. The money made in the kitchen is awful, but standards are so low it's almost impossible to get fired.
I enjoy working with all the employees; but because of management there is no money in the world that would keep me in the dreadful haze they create.
I would go as far as saying they abuse most of their employees. A fair warning to all that might apply for a job their: The way an employee gets disposed of at Montana's is by making their work environment impossible for the best of us to deal with. Here are typical signs management wants to get rid of you: getting schedules that don't match availability, receiving inconsistent criticism regarding work you have been doing consistently for months, etc.

I reiterate: I liked and respected all my other jobs and managers I have had so far except this one.
Wasn't fun
Prepper/dishwasher (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: working environment
Wasn't fun. People were mean, too few staff, and under-qualified staff.
Great food and even better work team
Bartender (Current Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: work schedule
A typical day at Montana's is fast paced and team oriented. It is undeniable that the success of any individual server or bartender is contingent on the whole working in cohesion. When all facets of the job are working well, tips are quite good and one has the potential to make a decent amount of money. I consider this to be an introductory sales position. While serving/bartending, one must constantly sell and resell themselves to each respective customer that enters the restaurant.
very pleasant experience
Line Cook (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
very pleasant experience, I had a great time. it was fun working with the kids in the outdoors
Alright
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: too much work for one person
A handful of coworkers were funny and easy to work with others including the managers were wack except for one but she got transferred. My work load as a dishwasher was ridiculous, I had very minimal help. Best part about the job was making money plain and simple.
a day at montanas
Server, host, expeditor (Former Employee), Bayer's Lake, NSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: hours weren't the best
A typical day at work at montanas was wed get there 15 minutes early. we would Set up the area we were working in to make sure we had everything we needed before our shift started. it was a busy environment, we had to work at a fast pace, and we had to be friendly and respectful.
I learned that not everyone is going to be happy and that you can't take the bad moments to heart. I learned how to work as a team and how to interact with different personalities.
Management and Co-workers; we worked with so many people, we all had separate tasks for the day. Everyone was very enthusiastic, and very welcoming. Everyone had there own methods on how to do their job which made things interesting.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy guests. whether it be too long of a wait to their table or their order wasn't exactly like it should have been.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people we worked around. Everyone just got along for the most part, everyone just made it very easy to stay happy and focused at work.
not the best place to work at if you are a single mother of 2
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: the general manager
a work day there was not the best to be honest. asides from myself there were only 2 good managers. the worst was the GM. some of the staff were not trustworthy at best however they all came in and did there job very well and i was proud of them for what they did in the run of a shift. if you needed them, they were there for sure.
Great place to socialize.
Line Cook (Current Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: nice crew to work with.
Cons: long hours and no family time.
A typical day would be Opening the store as the only line cook working. Having to prep and organized all the stations for the day before we open.

I've learned that team work is everything and it's hard when you don't have it.

It's a family based company with availability to move up in the company.

Hardest part of the job would be not having the help you need to have a successful day.

The enjoyable part of this job would be making sure guest have a wonderful experience.

1 2 3