Montana's Cookhouse Employee Reviews

Badly managed, the co-workers were very good to work with
Server (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 July 2017
The management was terrible, i was let go simply because of my managers own childish problems with me that had nothing to do with my actual work ethic at all! I appreciated the constant hours that was given to me soon after being trained as well as how i loved my co-workers, they really brought up my enjoyment in the workplace. I didnt learn too much while being there.
Pros
Free fountain drinks and 20% off of multiple restaurants that weren't only Montana's franchise
Unpaid co-op placement for school credits
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 June 2017
I worked for 3 months as a co-op student, was great for learning about the industry and to get a good experience for line/prep work. Manages were easily to get along with and very understanding, staff was super easy to get along with and would always be willing to help you out
Pros
Good leaning experience
It was defiantly an experience
cook (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 June 2017
Things were good to an extent. the discounts were good and the cooks were really amazing they made it worth it everyday. Management was horrible can't communicate with the employees, when you offend them with certain things they become very defensive so you can't go to them with questions or answers to the problem. zero breaks unless your a line cook and you willingly go on one but there is no specific rule on having a break you have to make it up as you go and that's if your lucky enough. scheduling is highly imbalanced and you can't rely on much one day it could be alot next it could be nothing and they do not warn you about anything. booking days off was the most positive thing about the place. having to bend over backwards for little to no appreciation. don't expect your position is your only position you must be willing and slightly forced to do other things in order to keep hours or even the job it self. management lets there emotions blind the issue and becomes very unprofessional.
Pros
the employees
Cons
management
Fun workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 June 2017
Got the opportunity to work along side a great group of chefs that taught me so much from the basic to more advanced cooking skills. Would have never left this job if I didn't have to. Highly recommended for any chef looking to start their cooking career.
It's was okay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 June 2017
It was a slow paced job, the people were okay.
And the hours weren't all that great.
It wasn't the right place for me..
The management team was nice and the workers were friendly.
Pros
Early shift
Cons
Slow paced work.
Fair
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK5 June 2017
Montana's wasn't a place I was looking for in the long term, but a place to make some quick money while taking my Social Work course. It ended up being difficult at times to remain happy there as there is a big disconnect between the managers and servers and an overall breakdown of communication I think.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Communication barriers between management and servers
Staff
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 June 2017
most staff there were very nice and easy to get along with .Other than that the food there was really good depending on what cooks on the shift that night
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
some Managers werent nnice, kitchen manager
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 May 2017
Absolute delight working at Montana's Cookhouse. The managers were friendly and great to work without. The servers were also outstanding. The chefs were also easy to get along with
Pros
One free meal a day
Cons
Short hours some days
It wasn't bad
Server (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 May 2017
Working at the head office test site kept things fresh, interesting and tight. Demographic had a healthy mix of good and bad tippers. Lots of work to be done on evenings and weekends... but those lunch hour rushes can get you too!
If you like working in a kitchen, this one is no different.
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 May 2017
Montana's is just like any other low end restaurant kitchen. It's full of people rushing in and out, swearing their heads off trying to make ends meet. The cooks often swear at the servers and love to disrespect them when their backs are turned. I was one of the lucky employees to not be on the bad side of the cooks.
Pros
free food, funny people, excellent balance
Cons
stressful environment
part time job, great place to start
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador5 May 2017
my first real job,
great place to gain experience
great coworkers
hardest part of the job was management
best part of the job were the workers
I learned how to interact with people better
Fun workplace, fast paced. Overall good.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 May 2017
I had a great time working at montanas, great staff, great management, but the only thing that caused me to leave was the mixup when management changed and lack of shifts therefore after. I learned a lot from the job, how to work safely in a kitchen environment, how to tell if food is fully cooked, how to safely store food and so on. The hardest part of the job was definately when days were extrememly packed and fast paced, but i loved the challenge.
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Crazy paced some days
Great Atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2017
A typical's day of work is enjoyable, but also can be stressful, considering all the different customers you meet. This is pretty normal at the restaurant, which isn't so hard to deal with. The management is decent, and can change almost a month or two months in.
Pros
discount food
Cons
Back talking
Great hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario26 April 2017
Great for learning, building budgets, p/l and sales. Good growth with in the company. Many brands to choose from my it be corporate or franchised. Good hours and bonus.
meh
RESTAURANT SERVER & BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC19 April 2017
It paid the bills , but the location I worked at did not get the support from corporate. 3 years working there they went threw 4 different General Mangers and business continued to go south as time went on.
good team
Cook (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON14 April 2017
friendly staff and management.
they work with you to try and give you the shifts you need as well as time off.
Busy work environment.
sometimes you need to stay longer then what you are scheduled for to help out the team.
fun and positive work environment
LINE COOK, PREP COOK (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
It was a fun and positive work environment.
Teaches a lot of skills, having to be in a team environment. hardest part is having to deal with the fast pace of the resturant
Great
Operating Partner and General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
Keep up the great work and always positive energy I wish you all the best in the futur and thanks again for all the years of great stuff.

always great food
Busy
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB3 March 2017
Busy and upbeat place to work. Have to be able to work in a stressful environment. Training is very good and the people are friendly and helpful
My day
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 February 2017
A typical day of work was figuring out the reservations for the night/day and organize them to figure out where they would go. I would maintain a constant rotation for the servers so they would equally get the same number of tables.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Never knowing when you would end your shift, Favouritism, only weekends mosty, short shifts