Montana's Cookhouse Employee Reviews

Fast, Easy
Food Prep Assistant and Front Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Dixie and Aerowood4 February 2018
Worked from 8am to 4pm, Put out cutting boards into place, filled garbage bins with bags, prepared front line. put out slip mats. prepared food. Did dishes with powered water sprayer and dishwasher made orders on front line. cleaned before leaving.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Started in the morning, long bus ride
Loved being a hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 January 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed being a hostess at this company, I liked the uniform, job entailments and working environment. The hours are not ideal for young students.
Great associates, sadly an underpaid profession
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2018
Fun work environment, great chance to learn lots and really gain life long skills. Management team are sometime good, sometimes bad. A lot of high stress hard work that may leave you feeling underpaid. But overall a positive experience.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 January 2018
This company is well organized and well run. Co-workers are lovely and managers are truly team players. Would definitely recommend as a place of employment.
highly enjoyable work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2017
wonderful management who care greatly about their staff, regular free food, variety of hours and adaptable scheduling. smells wonderful & increased customer service skills greatly
Horrible experience
Dishwasher - clean (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2017
During my time of working at Montana's, I noticed a lot of things such as the management was horrible the communication between the staff and employers as bare minimal.
Pros
discount card
Cons
The management sucked
bad place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 November 2017
had a great a time working there the management is horrible and I was belittled there as a guest and as a worker and I will never be back Since that time in my life I have never been treated so bad and its unlike me to go out of my way to say that about a place of work
Great place to work with great food and coworkers
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 November 2017
Overall, working at this company was a very enjoyable experience. This particular restaurant was run very well and had very good managers who knew how to work together and how to keep the restaurant running smoothly. The only complaint I could have about this job was the amount of hostesses who were employed there, which resulted in the hostesses not getting very many shifts each week, and that hosting shifts were typically only about 3 hours. The most enjoyable part about this job was the atmosphere, and the fact that everyone who worked there was like one big family. I can not say that there was ever a hard part to my job, but dinner rush was definitely always busy and tensions were high.
Pros
Good discount, good food, good coworkers
Cons
No designated "cut time" for shifts (your shift ended when it ended, there was not a specific time you were going home, which made it hard to balance other activities)
Good starting job
Kitchen Supervisor/ line cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2017
Good healthy relationships with employees and employers
Good place to learn and be able to perform in a fast paced environment
Teach you all parts of the kitchen not just 1 station
Great place to work, great staff and food
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 November 2017
I spent 2 years learning to cook there. The line and the servers worked well with each other unlike many other establishments I've been told. over all it was a great place to get my foot in the door
Pros
flexible hours, great staff
Cons
N/a
I really enjoyed working there, I do miss it.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 November 2017
Great coworkers, good atmosphere. Fun place. Hours were good. Loved being a hostess there. I enjoyed learning new aspects of the job there. Great Place Great People.
Pros
Fun, Helpful, great people
Cons
not enough hours
great
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON31 October 2017
great first job, it was easy and introduced me to the restaurant life which will hopefully open doors for me in he future while looking for a serving job.
Pros
easy
Cons
short hours
Fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON29 October 2017
Loved working here. Always a great time. Loved the people and the atmosphere. Cant go wrong they always keep their main dishes so you can always go back and know its there.
Good Team
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2017
Learned lots of new skills, work with great people. Fun environment to work in. Lots of place for advancement if you want that industry. Management is awesome !
Pros
food sampling
Great company!
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 October 2017
Loved working here! It was definitely one of the better places i have worked. Ownership was awesome! Staff was motivated, everyone was a family. Too bad I had to move :(
great work environment
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 September 2017
having a love for food made this job super enjoyable, management was very nice and understanding which helped to make the workplace environment more enjoyable
Not well ran
Hostess/Expo (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 September 2017
Management wasn't very good food quality wasn't very good and health and food safety wasn't well rehearsed. Everything seemed not well put together loved the people i worked with though
Great starting job and flexible hours
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2017
A typical day at work would be serving tables and running food and cleaning the restaurant. The management was not always the best, not very friendly or helpful at times. The hardest part of the job was being efficient while giving quality service. The most enjoyable part was interacting with different people and staff.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
inconsistent hours
change of ownership
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON18 August 2017
when montana's changed ownership they crashed out. They ended up taking over time and holiday pay away. the job was easy just silly with lazy workers
Montana’s Cookhouse
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
- Management Consultant
o Facilitated the move from corporate to franchise ownership, including vendor controls and contacts, payroll systems, and other SOP’s.
o Identified areas of opportunity and implemented solutions for in-store controls, specializing in labor and cost of goods.
o
- General Manager
o Mentored managers to successful careers while overseeing the operations of two Montana’s Restaurant locations in Edmonton.
o Management of staffing, training, customer relations, purchasing, cost controls, facilities and building maintenance.
o Assisted with the creation and implementation of the Cara Culture Mandate.