Montana's Cookhouse Employee Reviews

Great place to work, great staff and food
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 November 2017
I spent 2 years learning to cook there. The line and the servers worked well with each other unlike many other establishments I've been told. over all it was a great place to get my foot in the door
Pros
flexible hours, great staff
Cons
N/a
I really enjoyed working there, I do miss it.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 November 2017
Great coworkers, good atmosphere. Fun place. Hours were good. Loved being a hostess there. I enjoyed learning new aspects of the job there. Great Place Great People.
Pros
Fun, Helpful, great people
Cons
not enough hours
great
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON31 October 2017
great first job, it was easy and introduced me to the restaurant life which will hopefully open doors for me in he future while looking for a serving job.
Pros
easy
Cons
short hours
Server (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON29 October 2017
Loved working here. Always a great time. Loved the people and the atmosphere. Cant go wrong they always keep their main dishes so you can always go back and know its there.
Good Team
Server (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 October 2017
Learned lots of new skills, work with great people. Fun environment to work in. Lots of place for advancement if you want that industry. Management is awesome !
Pros
food sampling
Great company!
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 October 2017
Loved working here! It was definitely one of the better places i have worked. Ownership was awesome! Staff was motivated, everyone was a family. Too bad I had to move :(
great work environment
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 September 2017
having a love for food made this job super enjoyable, management was very nice and understanding which helped to make the workplace environment more enjoyable
Not well ran
Hostess/Expo (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB24 September 2017
Management wasn't very good food quality wasn't very good and health and food safety wasn't well rehearsed. Everything seemed not well put together loved the people i worked with though
Great starting job and flexible hours
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2017
A typical day at work would be serving tables and running food and cleaning the restaurant. The management was not always the best, not very friendly or helpful at times. The hardest part of the job was being efficient while giving quality service. The most enjoyable part was interacting with different people and staff.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
inconsistent hours
change of ownership
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON18 August 2017
when montana's changed ownership they crashed out. They ended up taking over time and holiday pay away. the job was easy just silly with lazy workers
Montana’s Cookhouse
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 August 2017
- Management Consultant
o Facilitated the move from corporate to franchise ownership, including vendor controls and contacts, payroll systems, and other SOP’s.
o Identified areas of opportunity and implemented solutions for in-store controls, specializing in labor and cost of goods.
o
- General Manager
o Mentored managers to successful careers while overseeing the operations of two Montana’s Restaurant locations in Edmonton.
o Management of staffing, training, customer relations, purchasing, cost controls, facilities and building maintenance.
o Assisted with the creation and implementation of the Cara Culture Mandate.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC14 August 2017

- Fun and relaxed

Workplace Culture:
- Relaxed
- Fast paced
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hard to advance
ok place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 August 2017
The managers were annoying sometimes but other then that it was a decent job the job was easy u get to drink alot of pip in the summer it gets really hot around the ovens.
Fun
Attendant/ Barkeep (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON2 August 2017
Had a good and positive work environment that was fast paced and team driven. I enjoyed working here very much and would have stayed were it not for the lack of benefits.
Badly managed, the co-workers were very good to work with
Server (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 July 2017
The management was terrible, i was let go simply because of my managers own childish problems with me that had nothing to do with my actual work ethic at all! I appreciated the constant hours that was given to me soon after being trained as well as how i loved my co-workers, they really brought up my enjoyment in the workplace. I didnt learn too much while being there.
Pros
Free fountain drinks and 20% off of multiple restaurants that weren't only Montana's franchise
Good staff meals.
Line cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, BC2 July 2017
Pretty fun and upbeat place to work. Good hours and you get a staff meal every shift. Friendly staff for the most part. Great opportunities to advance.
Unpaid co-op placement for school credits
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON29 June 2017
I worked for 3 months as a co-op student, was great for learning about the industry and to get a good experience for line/prep work. Manages were easily to get along with and very understanding, staff was super easy to get along with and would always be willing to help you out
Pros
Good leaning experience
It was defiantly an experience
cook (Former Employee) –  Ontario23 June 2017
Things were good to an extent. the discounts were good and the cooks were really amazing they made it worth it everyday. Management was horrible can't communicate with the employees, when you offend them with certain things they become very defensive so you can't go to them with questions or answers to the problem. zero breaks unless your a line cook and you willingly go on one but there is no specific rule on having a break you have to make it up as you go and that's if your lucky enough. scheduling is highly imbalanced and you can't rely on much one day it could be alot next it could be nothing and they do not warn you about anything. booking days off was the most positive thing about the place. having to bend over backwards for little to no appreciation. don't expect your position is your only position you must be willing and slightly forced to do other things in order to keep hours or even the job it self. management lets there emotions blind the issue and becomes very unprofessional.
Pros
the employees
Cons
management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 June 2017
Got the opportunity to work along side a great group of chefs that taught me so much from the basic to more advanced cooking skills. Would have never left this job if I didn't have to. Highly recommended for any chef looking to start their cooking career.
It's was okay
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 June 2017
It was a slow paced job, the people were okay.
And the hours weren't all that great.
It wasn't the right place for me..
The management team was nice and the workers were friendly.
Pros
Early shift
Cons
Slow paced work.