Montana's Cookhouse Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent work environment, positive co-workers and management.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONMay 27, 2016
Montana's cookhouse has to be my favorite place that i was employed at. Co-workers and management were excellent, very positive work environment, and customers always left satisfied an full!
Good work atmosphere and friendly people
Kitchen Service Staff (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 2, 2016
It was fun, moved at a fast pace, very friendly staff present, good tips were involved, was a great experience. There were usually lots of customers which was pretty encouraging.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Closing at late hours
Fun Working Environment
Host/Food Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONApril 24, 2016
Everyone I worked with was amazing, working at a very social restaurant with each individual having a different personality made the overall experience beneficial in terms of teaching me how to get out of my comfort zone. The hardest part was the very fast paced environment.
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Low hours
Fun with good food
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 8, 2016
Montana's Cookhouse was an awesome place to work even though I didn't get many hours I still loved the atmosphere of the work place. My boss was always considerate and always ready to have fun working with us. As a hostess I was to seat people, bus tables and help servers when needed. I also was an expo runner who made sure all sides were properly placed on plates and made sure places were clean before going out of the kitchen to our guests. I also was a line cook. I prepped food, I also made food for customers, and constantly cleaned the line. Hardest part of the job was definitely trying to carry 2 boxes of potatoes and once. I loved this job even though I was in the food industry my co-workers made my job so much more worthwhile
Pros
Making life long friends and eating good food
Cons
not enough hours
amazing co-workers, family enviornment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 27, 2016
a typical day hosting at Montana's was fun but crazy at times! during dinner rush, things got pretty hectic but working together with the other hostesses made the night flow smoothly.. i stopped working there because i moved into a different city.
Pros
50% off anything
Cons
nothing!
Structured, and good training
Server (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMarch 23, 2016
Working at Montana's Cookhouse was a good opportunity. I learned different restaurant systems, and had a very rigid training period. I appreciated the new perspectives, and was able to apply them in my future jobs.
The management was not very approachable, and no real effort was made to get to know employees as individuals. This resulted in communication difficulties.
The hardest part about this job was learning to work through issues that were the management's jurisdiction, but this taught me resilience and perseverance.
The best part about this job was the dependability of schedules.
Pros
Consistent and dependable schedules
Cons
Poor management
Ladies love a man that can cook
Line cook, making sure food is serve (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2016
I would check in and have a to do list that's written for me to do before I finish work. So I would work at a steady paste and when its really busy doing rush-hour I would make more stuff that's running low in the fridge so they can have more left for tomorrow morning. It was at first to try to work fast preparing the food and making sure that I don't keep the customer waiting for too long, and I like having the discount on food for me to eat.
Pros
you make your own breaks and manage your own time
Cons
not enough hours
fun environment
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMarch 1, 2016
Was a fast paced job, hard for most people as breaks are based on slow business as in rush hours there is a urgency to work. would recommend most people to try. left as I was not happy with pay
Pros
free meal
fun place to work at but lacked structure
Aquatic Technician (Former Employee) –  445 St Albert Trail unit10, St Albert, AB T8N 6T9March 1, 2016
a typical day at work would be me coming in and finding a ton of dishes in the dish pit cause no one took the time to help me out before hand i know their busy but someone could of cleaned some of the dishes after the lunch crowd or even got me to come in earlier. So anyways what i learned was i got faster cleaning dishes and learned a little bit on the line. For the management don't get me started with them they are the main reason why i left in the first place cause i was promised a deal little while before i left Montanas that i would get $17.00 an hour, a free meal every shift, and as many hours as i wanted when i almost left in March of 2015 i wasn't getting the free meal every time which wasn't a big deal but i wasn't getting enough hours it felt like they were getting cut back more and more every week which in the end i found out that it was a brain cramp by one of the assistant managers cause i took some time off one week and they never changed my hours back to normal after that which made me pretty upset cause they should of realized something was wrong when I'm only working 4 days a week when I'm usually working 5-6 days a week. Anyways that was that so the hardest part of the job was those busy nights on the weekend and your on your own. The most enjoyable was working with my coworkers they were all nice people.
Pros
wage, coworkers
Cons
not enough hours, management
Good kitchen job
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 24, 2016
One of the best kitchen jobs that I've had in my 7 years as a cook. Very secure, reasonable managers who are willing to work with you and your personal life.
Pros
Understanding management, fun people, job security and work/life balance
Cons
Repetitive and low pay, not much room for growth.
Extremly fun job
Waitress, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Working at montanas was very fun and a great learning experience. I was employed at this location to help me put myself through college. This was a very busy location, so it was very good to have nice and experienced employees to work with. The hardest part of this job would have been handling school work and the work load of work. This was the best job ive ever had.
Pros
flexable hours, great people
Cons
managing school work and work work
Great and fun place to work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Montanas is a great job to have if you enjoy engaging with people at all times, and working as a team to insure that the job gets done and guests are happy when during their visit and when they leave.
Very busy restaurant that fosters a fun and productive work environment.
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
I learned how to make a number of cocktails and how to take inventory of all stock. I also learned how to multi-task and remain organized in a very high volume environment. All employees work in a team environment, allowing everyone to be aware of the events occurring in the restaurant and being required to act quickly to resolve any and all issues.
Positive Atmosphere
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Although I got scheduled for 1 or 2 hour shifts and did not get paid for the minimum 3 hours of work, it was a decent place to work and the long-time employees are great people.
Pros
15% off all food
Cons
1 hour shifts
My first kitchen, best night team ive worked with
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 15, 2016
My first kitchen i started working in amazing communication, amazing strong leadership, excellent trading, a strong understood standard, advancement wasn't very frequent because no one wanted to leave
Pros
Stated in the summary
Cons
Lack of advancement
Excellent place to work
Kitchen Supervisor/ Line cook/ Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 4, 2016
A Great company. It really helped me to grow my culinary knowledge and gave me lots of opportunities to grow. Everyone in the kitchen treated each other like family, which really made for a great working environment.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No benifits
good work environment people were great
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONDecember 8, 2015
The work was good i enjoy working in the kitchen it stays fast paced and you are always moving the shift goes by pretty fast
Pros
free dinner
Cons
unpredictable shifts
Busy and frantic
Hostess (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABNovember 6, 2015
A host here practically does the work of every position. We cleared tables, ran the wait list, served food and drinks, took orders when needed ect.
Pros
fun people
Cons
management
Worked in the kitchen
Chef (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBOctober 18, 2015
It was a fast paced restaurant, where I cooked food and prepared all the food for lunch and dinner service. I enjoyed working at Montana's because the team work and the friendly environment.
fun!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  queenswayOctober 14, 2015
I have been working at Montana's for a year and a half and it has been an overall good experience for me. The staff is friendly and feels like a family. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet different people everyday and being in a fun loving environment. I learned extraordinary customer service skills and how to properly serve guests. I am happy to have had this experience but am looking to start a new chapter.