Montana's Cookhouse

Montana's Cookhouse Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Teamwork is the key to a successful work environment
Hostess (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free beverages
Cons: no specific end time
Working in a restaurant made me realize the true meaning of teamwork. Everyone is there to help each other. The management did well considering their young age. The hardest part of the job was meeting the customers every need - but it was also the most satisfying part once they left having had a great dining experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 16, 2015
Montana's Cookhouse is an enjoyable work environment with friendly employees who are dedicated to providing excellent customer service and good quality food.
Management Creates a Poisonous Environment
Expediter/Server (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers
Cons: management
I have respected every person whom I have worked for thus far, but the managers at Montana's put an end to that streak:

I was hired as a server, under the condition that I work in the kitchen for four months; the reason being: they just hired six new servers who would be doing training for that amount of time. After I was due for server training, and working months of inconsistent split-shifts, management did not promote me to server as promised. I was doing so well in the kitchen, they decided to drag out my "server training" by giving me 4 hours of training out of 35 hours per week with unlimited availability. I confronted the managers calmly and professionally on numerous occasions in an attempt to even get a time frame for my server training and its completion. Since I have been hired, over half a dozen servers have gone through the hiring and training process. Everyone who works there will admit the managers and owner are terrible, but hardly anyone quits because the money one makes as a server is too good. The money made in the kitchen is awful, but standards are so low it's almost impossible to get fired.
I enjoy working with all the employees; but because of management there is no money in the world that would keep me in the dreadful haze they create.
I would go as far as saying they abuse most of their employees. A fair warning to all that might apply for a job their: The way an employee gets disposed of at Montana's is by making their work environment impossible for the best of us to deal with. Here are typical signs management wants to get rid of you: getting schedules that don't match availability, receiving inconsistent criticism regarding work you have been doing consistently for months, etc.

I reiterate: I liked and respected all my other jobs and managers I have had so far except this one.
Wasn't fun
Prepper/dishwasher (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: working environment
Wasn't fun. People were mean, too few staff, and under-qualified staff.
Great food and even better work team
Bartender (Current Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: short hours
Cons: work schedule
A typical day at Montana's is fast paced and team oriented. It is undeniable that the success of any individual server or bartender is contingent on the whole working in cohesion. When all facets of the job are working well, tips are quite good and one has the potential to make a decent amount of money. I consider this to be an introductory sales position. While serving/bartending, one must constantly sell and resell themselves to each respective customer that enters the restaurant.
very pleasant experience
Line Cook (Current Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
very pleasant experience, I had a great time. it was fun working with the kids in the outdoors
Alright
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: too much work for one person
A handful of coworkers were funny and easy to work with others including the managers were wack except for one but she got transferred. My work load as a dishwasher was ridiculous, I had very minimal help. Best part about the job was making money plain and simple.
a day at montanas
Server, host, expeditor (Former Employee), Bayer's Lake, NSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: hours weren't the best
A typical day at work at montanas was wed get there 15 minutes early. we would Set up the area we were working in to make sure we had everything we needed before our shift started. it was a busy environment, we had to work at a fast pace, and we had to be friendly and respectful.
I learned that not everyone is going to be happy and that you can't take the bad moments to heart. I learned how to work as a team and how to interact with different personalities.
Management and Co-workers; we worked with so many people, we all had separate tasks for the day. Everyone was very enthusiastic, and very welcoming. Everyone had there own methods on how to do their job which made things interesting.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy guests. whether it be too long of a wait to their table or their order wasn't exactly like it should have been.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be the people we worked around. Everyone just got along for the most part, everyone just made it very easy to stay happy and focused at work.
not the best place to work at if you are a single mother of 2
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: the general manager
a work day there was not the best to be honest. asides from myself there were only 2 good managers. the worst was the GM. some of the staff were not trustworthy at best however they all came in and did there job very well and i was proud of them for what they did in the run of a shift. if you needed them, they were there for sure.
Great place to socialize.
Line Cook (Current Employee), Brantford, ONDecember 16, 2014
Pros: nice crew to work with.
Cons: long hours and no family time.
A typical day would be Opening the store as the only line cook working. Having to prep and organized all the stations for the day before we open.

I've learned that team work is everything and it's hard when you don't have it.

It's a family based company with availability to move up in the company.

Hardest part of the job would be not having the help you need to have a successful day.

The enjoyable part of this job would be making sure guest have a wonderful experience.
Best serving job I've ever had
SUPERVISOR/BARTENDER (Former Employee), London, OntarioDecember 2, 2014
Pros: best serving job ever
Cons: money wasn't great. wanted to advance in my business life.
From top to bottom this was a great experience. I just wanted to move up in live and not be a server/bartender for the rest of my life.

That's why I moved from serving to work in the Radio Industry.
Great.
Waitress (Former Employee), Brandon,MBNovember 19, 2014
Great place. Great Managers. Great staff. Great atmosphere.
Great team to work with
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 16, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short staff
fun place to work
learned the dynamics of the industry
management changes were hard to keep up with
team mates were like family
Great place to work, fast paced and up beat
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Langley, BCSeptember 24, 2014
A typical night a Montanas for me is running the bar. I have created many regulars who I enjoy engaging with. /some nights are super busy with lots going on including running my own section, making drinks for servers, answering the phone
Ribs, steak, ribs, mashed potatos
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), St. John's, NLSeptember 11, 2014
I worked here for 5.5 years, and only stayed that long because of the staff and because I had seniority.
The management was brutal. They were very disorganized, and had no respect for their staff.
My coworkers were like family. We all got along and became best friends outside of the workplace.
The hardest part of the job was biting my tongue when the management would be disrespectful to myself or my coworkers.
just do your time then get out, looking for a new job
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: some decent people work there. flexible compared to other restaurants
Cons: managers, short staffed, pay sucks, and overall a useless job
I'm quitting this job soon because working here has been useless. The General Manager at my work screws around which Is fine with me because I am only there one day a week and I'm getting an education.
Yum
Hostess (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: discounts, atmosphere
Cons: wage, hours
- Great food
- Energetic staff
- Fun
- Positive environment
- Good job if you enjoy interacting with people
Fast paced environment with enjoyable customer interactions
Hostess and Server (Current Employee), Richmond hill, ONApril 21, 2014
A typical day at work consists of working with my team to ensure that customers have a great experience.

I get to meet a variety of people on the job which helps my ability to understand almost everyone.
productive and fun workplace
Line Cook (Former Employee), North York, ONApril 8, 2014
- come to work and it would be a fun energetic environment
- learned how to properly handle food and prepare meals
- management always helped me out and looked out for my success
- my co-workers also were always helping everyone out and worked together
Very friendly, fun and relaxed place to work!
Waitress (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 7, 2014
Pros: personal ability to ensure customer satisfaction
Cons: lack of hours
Working at Montanas was an excellent experience. The staff and management was fun and friendly, and I very much enjoyed going into work every day. The nature of the restaurant attracts a very diverse group of people, primarily in family groups. The opportunity to talk to and learn about so many different people is an unparalleled experience. Overall, I loved my time here and only left because of school.

1 2 3