Montana's BBQ & Bar Employee Reviews

Good job poor managment
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON13 February 2018
Job is not bad it's management. It's all favouritism. If your buddies with management and supervious you get treated like gold but if you are not you will Def see the difference between the way you are treated. Policy gets thrown up a lot mgt picks and chooses who is to follow policy. Some people get away with doing things that others cannot.
In some cases one employee can do something and it's fine totally excepted but if another does it you get treated differently
Cons
Favoritism
Motivated Staff but Unorganized Management
Host (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE8 February 2018
Somewhat unorganized management and ownership. The environment at the workplace was small, hectic and frequently difficult to operate effectively. Somewhat lack of motivation among employees.
Pros
Breaks, good hours
Would not recommend
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 January 2018
The food here is great and all but no body helps each other or works as a team. Owners treat you like you’re invisible. GM was very rude and spiteful.
Worked most nights and weekends
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2018
I didn't really enjoy being a manager at Montana's. I started as a server and probably should have continued to do that job. It took away from my home life, never got to see my husband.
Horrible place for kitchen work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC18 January 2018
The front of house can end up with multiple strikes for termination but as soon as kitchen messes up it is instant termination.

(Ex. Servers always trade shifts without notifying anyone and of one of the agreed parties cant make it they do not get in trouble.)
Pros
Full 8hrs
Cons
No leaders, managers have no official training
save yourself
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  British Columbia5 January 2018
No structure in this company, the management does not care about the employees. They have lazy managers,they have supervisors that acts like managers but are actually high payed servers that manipulates scheduling so they could get the best schedules.
Shocking how issues are even addressed to corporate and no actions taken, employees always come and go thats why they dont really stop hiring and looking for that employee that they would victimize and leave miserable.
Montana's review
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB3 January 2018
I had a amazing time working with the company. Nothing but good things to say about staff and management and everyone at the Brooks, Alberta location.
Easy job, too many cons
Part Time Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 December 2017
Management was slight and often lacking. When needed, they were always "too busy". Pretty easy job, but when not busy, its gets boring. Terrible hours, no end times, bad pay. No longer getting tipped out, since management is starting to.
Pros
Its a job, nice employees
Cons
uncertain how long you'll work, terrible management, boring, no tips
hard worker
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2017
my work day at montanas cook house is good I learn a lot but I want to work as a apprentice in cooking because I want to get into

the hotel work and do more hard stuff
Worst
Manager (Former Employee) –  South Surrey, BC27 November 2017
If your looking to join South Surrey, DON'T TRUST THEM!!!!
Told one thing upon being hired then let down on first day, walked away after one hour of dishonesty.
Pros
Not sure what to say
Cons
The list is too long to type
stressful, unprofessional, hurtful
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 November 2017
Members of the staff that work online allow stress to get to them and take it out on other employees, I was talked to as if I was stupid and as if I was a child. I also would book days off two weeks in advance as well as notify my manager and still get booked into the days that i requested off.

Worked there for almost a year and people were getting hired onto line for more wage than I was recieving. I was suppose to get a review regarding a possible raise and I never got a review.
Enjoyed the company of the co-workers.
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 November 2017
Double seating tables to a server who is already busy and struggling was always a problem.
I wish the training was more thorough. Especially for those who may not have worked in the food industry before.
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2017
Fantastic place to work, it gets extremely busy on the weekends. Great people and great environment, Appreciative and knowledgable staff and great management.
Exciting and fast paced environment
Hostess & Server (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2017
I first started out as a hostess with the company. Working here, allowed me to enhance my performance regarding customer service. Once trained, I started serving. Through the training I received, I was also able to work in the kitchen, to understand what it takes to deliver quality food.
Pros
Great staff and a fun environment
Cons
Sometimes long hours and low pay
Productive and fun
Expeditor and Server (Current Employee) –  St. Vital, MB31 October 2017
Fun staff, Great work environment, New restaurant experience, Low hours, Great management, Customer service, Fast speed of service, Communication, Flexible,
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short hours
Fun workplace/ Good people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 October 2017
I enjoyed my time at Montana's! Its a great first restaurant to start serving at. Very enthusiastic environment to be in. Lots of opportunity to growth within the company. you'll meet lots of new friends!
Fun workplace productive
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON22 October 2017
A typical day at work is stressful , sometimes overbearing

i learned how to assemble and prep everything on menu and able to open and close the line. i also learned how to work in a fast pace environment

the hardest part of the job is communicating to other workers and not getting stressed.

the most enjoyable part of the job is cooking quality meals
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Stressful
Great job for young students
Hostess/Expo (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 September 2017
Friendly staff and environment. Management needs improvement as they are not very experienced. A typical work day would include lots of communication and a very short shift. Unfortunately long hours are not given to hostess' and it is hard to make an income as a young adult. Overall a good workplace if seeking short hours.
Cons
short hours
Fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC24 September 2017
I enjoyed working here lots. Staff is super friendly and management is very understanding and extremely nice. Good pay and great atmosphere. Shifts are good lengths and tips are very good as well
Pros
50% off food when working
Cons
very family oriented with lots of kids running around
Good place to work but bad management.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 September 2017
I worked at montanas for two months. Was told I was doing great had employee recognition. Then I had one grumpy table as I served and that night they fired me. During the two months they hired probably 20 people and fired people constantly even their best server who worked their four years fired him with no valid reason.
Pros
Steak and ribs very cheap.
Cons
Management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montana's BBQ & Bar. Our community is ready to answer.