Monsanto

Monsanto Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
over all it was a nice work experience
Field worker (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 19, 2013
Pros: work with nice people
I would get on the bus at around 4:30 every morning and about an hour and a half bus ride we would arrive at the corn fields. I worked anywhere from 6-7 hours a day.
It's going to keep you busy
Seed Laborer (Former Employee), Jerseyville, ILMarch 14, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, decent pay
Cons: contract employee = no benefits
I worked in the greenhouses at one of the farm sites. I was actually a tempory/contract employee that worked on a large experiment. The team was actually made of temporary/contract employees. The management on site was great. Everyone took their turn working weekends, holidays, and overtime. Any and all safety equipment required for any part of the – more... job was supplied by Monsanto. All in all it was a good experience. – less
was a job
Lab Technition (Former Employee), Soda Springs, IDMarch 12, 2013
Pros: the workers are great people
Cons: most bosses and management do not care
I really enjoyed my job itself and some of the employees I worked with. Management was all about production not safety but always talked safety, would never listen to complaints or issues that needed to be adressed. Ther is no ownership so noone cares about their job quality. Management and upfront personal all about them looking good not whats best – more... for the company. – less
Temporary position - people worked independently
Administrative Assistant to Plant Manager (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 11, 2013
Pros: temporary position so dont know what they actually offered
Cons: temporary position
Good company - most everyone worked independently . Not a lot of team projects. I took care of the safety shoe and safety glasses programs so was in contact with most all the employees which I enjoy very much. Nothing really hard about the job - I enjoyed learning new skills.
Good Company to work for management lacks people skills
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Dumas,TexasMarch 7, 2013
I worked at Monsanto for 14 1/2 years. Handful of co-workers cared about their jobs and the other handful about a check.
no sense of honesty
Seasonal Research Assistant (Former Employee), Arlington, WIMarch 6, 2013
Cons: no company loyalty
worked for them for 13 years started when i was 13, I was offered full time employment and was hired but then my job was put on a hireing freeze I was asked if I would continue serving in the military and I told them that i was going to continue serving then I got layed off and had to take a volunteer deployment while I was deployed they hired another – more... person as a receptionist and then she was hired as a assistant wich was very similar to the job I was "hired" for, then a guy retired who had the exact same job that i was "hired" for. I was told that now they required a 4 year degree for all positions and that even though I was hired before that I was ineligible now because I did not have a 4 year degree. To me it seems pretty shady and underhanded but that is life I guess. good luck to anyone who obtaines employment with them. – less
Seed Lab (Former Employee), Findlay, OHMarch 1, 2013
work in seed lab sorting seeds to be sent to other labs for futher testing. Worked on as needed basis.
Data Architect (Former Employee), St LouisFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: fexible timings, smart people
Cons: biotechnology terms could be overwhelming.
It doesnt matter if you are a contractor or a employee this is a great place to work. I worked in research organization for 6 years and thoroughly enjoyed. There is not much distinction between contractor and employee.
fun work place
Corn Breeder (Former Employee), Waterman, ILFebruary 25, 2013
very hot long day work outside. Going to different site learn about how corn grow
Great Company - Monsanto
HR Training Coord., Compliance Coord. (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NFebruary 9, 2013
Excellent company to work for. I wish they had left their plant open in FAY, NC so I could have retired by now.
International Accountant
International Accountant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2013
Work with the controllers in other countries in Europe, Asia and Africa to ensure proper General Ledger reporting. Great to learn other culture accounting practices.
Hard working job
Corn Inspector (Former Employee), Constantine, MIJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: bonuses, holiday pay, staff events, lots of hard work.
Cons: may not always be flexible and a lot of contact with chemical environments.
I enjoyed the worked I did there and I had great reviews. It appears to have good benefits of people that work full-time there. The co-workers may not always have the most professional form of communication but workable.
pretty common work place environment
Seed Laborer (Former Employee), Waterman, ILJanuary 21, 2013
typical day at work was awsome on everday bases and i actually learned alot from shipping samples that were very important for the company and developing technology on corn hybirds. The Co-workers were very friendly and so was management they comunicated very well and treated everyone with much respect. the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing – more... that the work environment was very positive and that i would always have a good day at work – less
SAP MM/WM Functional Consultant
SAP Material and Customer Master Data Consultant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2013
Re leaving from Monsanto.
Served as a strategic information life cycle management services team member specializing as an SAP Master Data and Integration Consultant.
Management were really good and cooperative.
Co-workers, were good too.
The hardest part was as there was no option to work from home.
The most enjoyable part was casuals.
great place to work
Seed Technician (Current Employee), Waterman, ILJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: christmas, free t-shirts, very nice break room.
Cons: seasonal
I have learned many new skills and have found the working environment to be extremely positive . Management is extremely helpful in teaching new skills.
Janitor (Former Employee), Muscatine, IAJanuary 2, 2013
I kept busy when I was cleaning the offices then doing the floors it was a 8 hour job in all the offices so I was busy
Productive cotton seed company
Cotton Seed Techinican (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 2, 2013
I like this job but need something new and also want to expand my careers opportunities.
Successful and Innovative
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MODecember 29, 2012
Company is completely people focused both on internal and external customers. There is a reason they have consistently been voted one of the best places to work! Personal and career development paired with two-way communication between managers and employees drives the passion of the corporate environment.
Best place to work
Tax Accountant - Intern (Current Employee), st louis, MODecember 28, 2012
Best place to work. People are great. Management is great. Everyone has respect for each other
Productive and relaxed atmosphere
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Mystic, CTDecember 15, 2012
This is a very nice laboratory environment to work in. Everyone is extremely friendly. I would love to continue working here, but there is currently no room in the company for advancement. They are currently only hiring contractors and full time positions have not opened up in the past several years.

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more