Monsanto

Monsanto Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and educational place
Seed technician (Current Employee), PRJune 15, 2014
Good place to work with a good atmosphere, this place develop in their worker leaderships skills. This place offer a multi task work especially in field duties.
Hard work but worth the pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Farmer City, ILJune 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
This job is very demanding as far as hours worked but the compensation was awesome.
Excellent place to work. Takes care of employees.
Distribution CO-OP (Current Employee), Luling, LAJune 1, 2014
My typical day at work included coordinating the in-bound truck schedule, assisting with in-transit railcar orders, and working on various optimization projects. I learned the importance of safety culture within a manufacturing plant environment. My co-workers were great. They worked through each day with a positive attitude always handling issues that – more... may arise with rapid response and candor. The hardest part of the job was use of SAP and use of SAP tables to edit data while dealing with discrepancies in inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the carriers. I enjoy managing people and providing a service to an organization. – less
Excellent Benefits
Technology Development Assistant (Former Employee), Garden City, KSMay 27, 2014
I was given a company vehicles, credit card, and free meals on the road. Everyone in the company was amazing co-workers and made my internship a positive experience.
Good company
Research Chemist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2014
Monsanto was a good company that provided many opportunities for a young chemist.
Soybeans
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee), Marshall, MOMay 21, 2014
Pros: meeting dinner
Cons: 15 min breaks every 4hours
Its always fun to clean up a mess so no one gets hurt and it always helps people learn what they did wrong
great seasonal job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Thomasboro, ILMay 12, 2014
worked in fields with great people and managers. They made sure we came first before the product
Great place to work and fun people to work with
Entomology & Insect Control Group Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 11, 2014
Great company culture and nice working environment. Fun people and free coffee. Good work and life balances.
Biologist (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOMay 6, 2014
Running experiments, had a good amount of working by myself, after being trained. Co-workers were great, probably the best part of the job. Wanted there to be more opportunity to advance. Job could get repetitive and a bit monotonous.
Team controlled Business
Contractor, Data Operations Operator (Current Employee), Creve Coeur, MOApril 24, 2014
Monsanto is all about "teaming". I have enjoyed my time with Monsanto and I have learned a lot. The Data Operations team is managed very well by a super nice gentleman. And it shows when you work with the Leads. But unfortunately the business likes the idea of "Contracting" with very little opportunities for full time permanent positions.
Perfect workplce
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MoApril 21, 2014
Very structured workplace. Co-workers are not to friendly. Everyone stays on task and to their selves. The hardest part of the job was to deal with the executives in the company.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 19, 2014
Pros: get to work on latest technologies, processes, and smart people
Cons: needs improvement in long term growth of people
I have seen huge thought shift with respect to IT in Monsanto in the last 8 years. From being just a support and service provider, IT is now seen as a business driver and enabler.
I have been part of constant massively significant changes in leaderships, values, culture, technology, etc
I always try to find value in what I do. This has been embedded – more... in me due to working in a non-IT company where we have to constantly prove our worth and value addition to business.
I have delivered projects that have significantly improved the pipeline and made it more future-ready – less
Very good company
Manufacturing units, sales, R&D and IT (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAApril 9, 2014
Good company and flexible work options. good exposure to latest technologies.
A great Career path
Procurement Operations System Coordinator (Current Employee), MexicoApril 8, 2014
Is a great organization that helps you to improve your career and expertise.
Great place to work expecially if you are in it to for the long haul
Technician (Former Employee), Chesterfield, MOApril 2, 2014
The real issue with work at this company as some one with a biology background is it is very hard to get a job for Monsanto you start out doing temp work through contracting agencies(3 months at a time maybe more) until you get to know enough people that you are able to work year round on a more permanent contract(can take 2 or 3 years) then hopefully – more... a job actually for Monsanto opens up (for a total of up to on avg 5 years) – less
keith mcneely
Senior Helpdesk Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), st louis MoMarch 26, 2014
• Installed maintains and monitors the operation of PC’s/Laptops in support of the business following
• Documented processes
• Work with Active Directory changing password and giving customers five day admin rights
• Provided routine system administration support such as incident, change and configuration management
• Responsible for troubleshooting – more... issues with mobile devices including Androids, iPhones and Apple tablets
• Set up remote routers and using a Remedy ticketing system – less
Productive and fun workplace.
Database developer (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 21, 2014
Learned new things and the co-workers are so cool and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting new projects and teamwork
processes, and performance outcomes.
detassler (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILMarch 7, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: weatherwould vary
A typical day is going throughout the corn fields and picking tassels from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
I have learned that no matter what you do as a job, you have to give it your all, even if you hate it
Management is awesome, from what I remember they were awesome
Co-workers can vary but still nice to everyone
Hardest part of the job is we had to work – more... in almost every condition
enjoyable part of the job was getting paid and knowing you worked hard for that pay check – less
Good place to work and get to learn a lot
SAP BASIS Administrator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 3, 2014
Work politics is something which you find here . But the fellow colleagues are good except for a couple
Very professional environment to work in. I enjoyed it very much.
IT Consultant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 1, 2014
Pros: very professional
Cons: na
Agressive, challenging organization that brings the best out of you and provides the professional experience and interaction that everyone needs.

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more