Monsanto

Monsanto Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great people to work with and interesting work
Junior Research Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg ManitobaMay 14, 2013
Pros: learning opportunities and position growth opportunities
Cons: only a summer position
Great opportunity to learn and take initiative to do more within your position.
driving haggies
Hagie Driver (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJuly 16, 2012
People are fun and very enthusiastic about the job that they are doing. A typical day at work for me is to drive a hagie in the fields all day. The people in charge of me are really helpful and understanding to any problems that arise in the field.
Family oriented work space
Bilingual Account Service Rep (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 1, 2012
-nice work environment
-free coffee and water bottles
-flexible work schedule
I'd happily work there again
Biologist II (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOOctober 22, 2014
Monsanto is a good company to work for. Managers in my department trusted their employees, and concerned themselves more with ensuring that we had the necessary resources to do our job than they did with making demands. We were often busy but didn't feel excessively pressured or stressed.

The only real complaint I had was that since it is such a large – more... company, job duties are fairly specialized. So as a Scientist, you become very good at a particular technique or platform, but there's not many opportunities to gain experience outside of that particular skill set. – less
Exceptional company
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 21, 2014
Exceptional company to work for with opportunities for advancement.
Monsanto
Agriculture Worker (Former Employee), Williamsburg, IAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: 40+ hrs
Working in the Corn fields was a great experience, I honestly wouldn't mind doing it again. But Id have to say that the hardest part for me would of been working under the hot blazing Sun. There was a day or two that i felt like giving up, the heat would get to me but, i knew that giving up wasn't an option. A lesson id say I've gotten out of all this – more... is that, If we give up in life we will never move forward towards our goals. We are capable of more than we know. – less
Many different IT cultures and subcultures
IT Security Specialist (Former Employee), Saint LouisOctober 12, 2014
It depends on where you land in Monsanto because there are many different cultures and subcultures.
Outside Labor
Corn Pollinator (Former Employee), Waterman, ILOctober 12, 2014
Pros: short shifts
Cons: high temperature weather
I learned a lot about farming and how corn is grown. The co-workers were all kinds of different people, so it was fun getting to know all of them. The hardest part of the job was the weather being so hot. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with everyone even the manager were fun and easy-going.
Excellent development
Supply Chain (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2014
Keep up the good work. Blah blah stop forcing me to review. Otherwise I will review Indeed which is being annoying by making me do this and no allowing to do the the function of which I came to this website to do.
Good work environment and good corporate culture.
Greenhouse Technician (Former Employee), Creve Coeur, MOOctober 9, 2014
Pros: incentives for contractors to participate in activities and discounts at various businesses
Cons: no healthcare or long-term security/advancement
The employees at Monsanto are strongly concerned about safety and well being of contractors who work there. It is a flexible work environment that allows workers to find their niche in the work environment and find ways to advance themselves.
Poor Mangement
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: free fruit and vegetables
Cons: unhappy work atmosphere
Overall, I think my experience was out of the norm. The culture is usually an enjoyable one, but I was hired to work in a new department where the managers were lacking in social graces and/or experience. One manager let power get to her head and made the working environment very toxic and uncomfortable for the entire department.
Overall good experience
Buyer Co-op (Current Employee), Soda Springs, IDSeptember 13, 2014
Worked with suppliers to procure necessary goods. Overall great experience. Great Co-workers, and the company cares about your health and safety.
fun workplace
SAP SD Functional consultant (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 9, 2014
I have improved my skills a lot,
working management is so good in our company..
Co-workers supported me in each and every aspect.
Most enjoyable thing is working together and playing a prominent part in the growth of the company..
Friendly, fun place to work
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee), Saint Louis, MOSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, technologically advanced, and warm cohorts.
Assessed information security risks for over 200 Monsanto projects, RFPs and vendor engagements.
Great Experience
Greenhouse Technician (Former Employee), St Louis MOSeptember 3, 2014
This was a great experience, really got a great feel for working alongside with researchers, and how important my individual work was to their ending results
Working with 1800 of my closest friends
Environmental Engineer (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: very friendly coworkers
Cons: living inside a secure facility
The Mound facility, first operated by Monsanto, then by EG&G was a unique environment. We were a DoE contractor, doing classified manufacturing.
Great summer job
Field Inspector (Former Employee), Constantine, MISeptember 2, 2014
Field inspecting is a great summer job. They play well and allow you to get overtime. Management is good at explaining things when you need help
Productive and evolving workplace
crop production assistant (Current Employee), Lichtenburg, NWAugust 29, 2014
Pros: support structures
The environment allows individual ideas to be expressed and problem solving is encouraged
SR. SERVICE DESK ANALYST (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOAugust 24, 2014
The job scenario always changes and this company helps maintain the flow and assists you in keeping up with it.
Single Persons job
Seed Technician (Former Employee), Waco, NEAugust 21, 2014
Pros: benefits, security
Cons: long hours, shift changes weekly
Job for a single person, tons of hours and great benefits. Unorganized management and 10 different bosses.

1 2 3 4 5

About Monsanto

Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, – Read more