Monsanto Employee Review

driving haggies
Hagie Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 July 2012
People are fun and very enthusiastic about the job that they are doing. A typical day at work for me is to drive a hagie in the fields all day. The people in charge of me are really helpful and understanding to any problems that arise in the field.

Other Monsanto Employee Reviews

Don't bother, your job would be gone in a few years
Research Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 December 2017
If a few more people were better at their jobs, it would have been an ok place to work. But it will never be great. It's too bad that giant corporations like this don't actually care about their employees. The facade of support is paper thin, and only lasts as long as it is profitable to them. Soon even the few contract worker jobs that remain will be shipped off to Mexico (whose horrible quality control makes everyone else's jobs 10 times harder). Don't even get me started on all the long-term employees being laid off left, right, and centre. It's a shambles.

If that all wasn't enough, some of the tasks can be mind-numbing. Think, walking alone in a field for hours pressing a single button over and over. Then someone would decide the next day that you should have pressed a different button over and over yesterday. To spend 8 hours on a mind-numbing task that turns out to have been completely pointless because management or the breeders change their minds every 5 minutes is not my idea of a fulfilling day.

In summary, if you want a job that is going to last longer than 6 months and actually make you feel as though you accomplished something, don't bother to apply.
Pros
free weekend lunches, some supervisors super nice/laid-back, good pay
Cons
unorganized, lots of micro-management, passive-aggressive coworkers, no advancement (ever)
Its fun because that was my first time to work in the field - farm
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 September 2017
I was hired as field worker and its really fun working with Monsanto Farm Research. Its my first time to work in the field taking plants or pulling plants subject for research.
Pros
Its fun working with Monsanto very considerate and the Heads or Supervisors are kind.
Cons
We worked at the field or open air.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2