Monsanto Employee Review

Productive place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO30 January 2014
Monsanto was one of the best jobs I had. This is really a good company work for. The work environment is friendly, with a family feel. Management was always open to help you advance to your full potential with on the job classes and seminars. The employee morale is high because they always try to balance work and funtime for employees by scheduling team outings.
Pros
Job was close to home, I loved my job, flexible work hours

Other Monsanto Employee Reviews

Good overall
Technology Development Summer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manitoba31 January 2018
It was a good place to work - but the boss at the time was not that great to his employees and my coworkers did not care about the tasks as much as I did.
Don't bother, your job would be gone in a few years
Research Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 December 2017
If a few more people were better at their jobs, it would have been an ok place to work. But it will never be great. It's too bad that giant corporations like this don't actually care about their employees. The facade of support is paper thin, and only lasts as long as it is profitable to them. Soon even the few contract worker jobs that remain will be shipped off to Mexico (whose horrible quality control makes everyone else's jobs 10 times harder). Don't even get me started on all the long-term employees being laid off left, right, and centre. It's a shambles.

If that all wasn't enough, some of the tasks can be mind-numbing. Think, walking alone in a field for hours pressing a single button over and over. Then someone would decide the next day that you should have pressed a different button over and over yesterday. To spend 8 hours on a mind-numbing task that turns out to have been completely pointless because management or the breeders change their minds every 5 minutes is not my idea of a fulfilling day.

In summary, if you want a job that is going to last longer than 6 months and actually make you feel as though you accomplished something, don't bother to apply.
Pros
free weekend lunches, some supervisors super nice/laid-back, good pay
Cons
unorganized, lots of micro-management, passive-aggressive coworkers, no advancement (ever)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2