Monsanto Employee Reviews in Canada

Technology Development Assistant - Duties (Former Employee) –  Tavistock, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Gained many valuable transferable skills. Also learned how to execute field-scale research, operate farm equipment and many farming principles. Hardest part of the job was the physical labour, which was not that tiresome and I didn't mind volunteering to do. My co-workers and boss were great, we all had a good relationship. Most enjoyable part of this job were those I worked with, feeling proud of my work at the end of a long day, executing research and hosting product launching events at the research station. Work was different everyday of the week, overall we would always meet at our research site in the morning, have tasks delegated and spent the day completing them either individually or as a team.
Pros
working outside, gaining valuable transferable skills
Cons
Hour commute to and from work every day
Good workplace for young people.
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONMay 10, 2016
I worked at a Monsanto Research Facility every summer during high school. While it isn't the best job in the world it has served as a starting point. They paid us the minimum wage with some extra tacked on, especially if you were a returning worker, rather than the lower 'student wages' that they were entitled to pay. As well as requiring no experience, this served as a great point for future job searches when I was older. "yea I've worked for four years at this place!" While other people my age had zero work experience I did. To top it off it doesn't even take your entire summer, they only need people for a few weeks when the corn is pollinating, so as a kid you still have a lot of summer to go around and now you have money set aside for whatever you like. I bought myself a Nintendo Wii after my first season without a second thought since I could now afford it.
Pros
Gatorade and water breaks.
Cons
Hope you like standing in a corn field.
na
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 12, 2016
Co workers were great, Upper management didn't always do what was best for employee, but what was best for the company, I learned a lot about corn research
Pros
good co-workers
Productive work place
Canola Crew (Former Employee) –  ABDecember 13, 2015
Working at monsanto will teach a person why it is important to have a good work ethic and to be determined to get the job done when it is needed to be done.
Pros
good money
Cons
hard, long hours in the hot sun
People were great to work with!
Seed Technician (Former Employee) –  LethbridgeJune 5, 2014
Started my day at 12 noon went til 10 pm, learned about the processing of Canola, management were fantastic, co-workers were fantastic, hardest part of job, 6 flights of stairs, general maintenance of plant, most enjoyable were the people!
Pros
free lunches
driving haggies
Hagie Driver (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 16, 2012
People are fun and very enthusiastic about the job that they are doing. A typical day at work for me is to drive a hagie in the fields all day. The people in charge of me are really helpful and understanding to any problems that arise in the field.
Great people to work with and interesting work
Junior Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg ManitobaMay 14, 2013
Great opportunity to learn and take initiative to do more within your position.
Pros
learning opportunities and position growth opportunities
Cons
only a summer position
Family oriented work space
Bilingual Account Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 1, 2012
-nice work environment
-free coffee and water bottles
-flexible work schedule