Monsanto Employee Review

Great Company with a beautiful Campus
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis23 October 2013
* schedule meetings, book travel, data entry, answer phones, lots of calendaring

* Ive learned to manage my time well and stay organized.

* All the managers are great and fun to be around

* I really enjoy my co-workers

* The hardest part of the job is the high season

* The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the diverse population and meeting new people.

Other Monsanto Employee Reviews

Good overall
Technology Development Summer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manitoba31 January 2018
It was a good place to work - but the boss at the time was not that great to his employees and my coworkers did not care about the tasks as much as I did.
Don't bother, your job would be gone in a few years
Research Assistant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 December 2017
If a few more people were better at their jobs, it would have been an ok place to work. But it will never be great. It's too bad that giant corporations like this don't actually care about their employees. The facade of support is paper thin, and only lasts as long as it is profitable to them. Soon even the few contract worker jobs that remain will be shipped off to Mexico (whose horrible quality control makes everyone else's jobs 10 times harder). Don't even get me started on all the long-term employees being laid off left, right, and centre. It's a shambles.

If that all wasn't enough, some of the tasks can be mind-numbing. Think, walking alone in a field for hours pressing a single button over and over. Then someone would decide the next day that you should have pressed a different button over and over yesterday. To spend 8 hours on a mind-numbing task that turns out to have been completely pointless because management or the breeders change their minds every 5 minutes is not my idea of a fulfilling day.

In summary, if you want a job that is going to last longer than 6 months and actually make you feel as though you accomplished something, don't bother to apply.
Pros
free weekend lunches, some supervisors super nice/laid-back, good pay
Cons
unorganized, lots of micro-management, passive-aggressive coworkers, no advancement (ever)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monsanto. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2