Monsanto Canada is a leading provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity. Our facility in Carman, Manitoba is seeking 3 innovative and team-oriented individuals to join their team as Canola Seed Lab Assistants. This position is expected to start in September 2014 and is a 1-month contract.
Key Business Accountabilities:
- Assists in the timely setup, receiving seed, organization of seed and seed packaging of canola plots.
- Follows ESH policies and procedures for safe operation of the local research facility and program.
- Safely operate and maintain seed research equipment (seed counters, seed cleaners, etc).
Scope of the Job:
- Committed to safe work practices and has direct involvement in ESH programs and policies including site inspections, pre-use inspections, etc.
- During spring, directly involved in the preparation of canola seed for planting into yield trials with activities including seed counting, sorting, placing envelopes into planting order, and verification of planting order.
- During fall and winter, directly involved in the cleaning of harvested canola seed samples for analysis by the Quality Lab, with activities including seed cleaning, sorting, placing envelopes into proper order, verification of packing order and preparing samples for shipment or storage.
- Works closely with the Data Coordinator and Research Assistant to ensure seed packets are verified and shipped accordingly.
- Hand-threshing of canola samples.
Core Business/Functional Skills and Education.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions and willingness to seek clarification when needed.
- No minimum education requirements.