Our client is a large mining company located in the London area. They have a strong North American presence.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment, housekeeping and in fabricating parts and tools by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns duties to millwrights and machinist on a daily basis.
- Directs workers in mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Promotes safe work practices and provides resources to ensure that equipment and personnel operate in a safe manner.
- Provides formal and informal feedback to workers in order to motivate and encourage continuous improvement and cooperation between departments.
- Promotes environmental awareness in alignment with plant environmental goals.
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and equipment. Ensures the Maintenance department operates in the most cost effective manner to meet department and plant goals.
- Requisitions supply of spare parts.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in resolving work problems.
- Maintains daily time records and enters into Maximo.
- Trains employees where appropriate, in procedures and process related to maintenance and safety.
- Confers with other supervisors and planners to coordinate activities of individual departments, minimizing downtime and making efficient use of manpower and eliminate recurrent problems.
- Member of the plant ERT team.
- Directly supervises 10 employees in the Maintenance Department.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Experience with Heavy Machinery
- Pulp and paper background is highly desired
- College diploma, university degree in engineering or industry trade certificate
- 3+ years experience in related field
- MAXIMO Manufacturing software
- Basic Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.