Working within a team based maintenance department your responsibilities will include effective trouble shooting, repair, installation and preventive maintenance of the facility’s electrical distribution/control/instrumentation systems and equipment. Duties would include but not be restricted to the following:
- Read and interpret drawings, schematics, flow diagrams and PLC code to trouble shoot, maintain and install electrical control systems and equipment.
- Maintain, repair, install and test electrical motors AC and DC, generators and battery back-up systems and their associated control systems.
- Maintain, repair, install and test electrical switchgear, transformers, MCC’s, distribution panels etc. and their associated control systems.
- Program, troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial automation equipment including PLC’s, HMI, Variable Frequency Drives, Temperature, Flow, Pressure controls and other related devices.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Work closely with other maintenance team members to ensure the smooth running of the plant in a 24/7 continuous operation environment.
- Shift 7am to 3pm Mon-Fri
- Be available for call ins and overtime as required on a rotating basis.
- Minimum of 5 years licensed experience including industrial installations
- Must be certified, 442A minimum with 309D a preferred asset.
- PLC/HMI trouble shooting.
- Safety training CSA Z462 or NFPA 70 – Electrical Safety in the Workplace preferred.
- Can work independently under pressure and complete tasks within the required deadlines.