Are you an energetic self-motivated individual passionate about fitness? Do you have experience working with children in a fitness environment?
Monkeynastix is a fun, challenging, and noncompetitive movement education fitness program for children ages 1-8 years old. Monkeynastix Milton is currently seeking an enthusiastic, energetic Recreational Coordinator & Instructor.
This candidate will focus on instructing key programs within Halton Hills and Milton areas. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching 15-20 hours a week throughout Halton Hills and Milton in public and private venues at various time periods within the day. The successful candidate will be responsible for administrative duties (5-10 hours a week) for Monkeynastix Milton including customer service, registrations, scheduling and equipment management. This position is a permanent position with a 3 month probationary period. This position is based on out of Milton, Ontario with travel expectations within Halton region.
- Prior experience working or volunteering with children in a recreational setting as asset
- Post-Secondary education in recreation and leisure, early childhood education, child and youth studies, physical education, recreation and leisure, or equivalent
- Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness or sports activities and techniques, Lead groups and individuals in recreational or leisure programs, Plan and carry out recreational activities.
- Ability to serve as an ambassador for the organization, including the ability to work with parents, local businesses and other franchises
- Experience managing people an asset
- Excellent inter-personal skills for networking, and working with partners/customers
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated flexibility and initiative, particularly when faced with challenges within teaching environment
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Positive and professional attitude, ability to work as a team player with all levels of management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suites (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
- Ability to work flexible hours and must be able to work evenings Mon-Wed) and weekends hours (teaching)
- Access to a vehicle required, as travel within Milton & Halton Hills is required
- Able and willing to travel with equipment in own vehicle within territory
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must have current certification in Emergency First Aid and Level B CPR or willing to obtain it.
- Applicants must successfully complete/pass Monkeynastix instructor training program
- High Five Training asset
- Security and Safety: Criminal record check, complete screening through Child Abuse Registry, Driver's validity license check, Immunization records, Tuberculosis test
- Transportation/Travel Information: Valid driver's license, Own vehicle, willing to travel within Milton and Halton Hills as well as to venues in these areas
- Work Location Information: Various locations in Halton
- Ability to Supervise: 11- 20 people
- Start Date: ASAP
Indeed - 17 months ago