Monkeynastix is a fun, challenging, and noncompetitive movement education fitness program for children ages 1-8 years old. We are currently seeking enthusiastic, energetic part-time assistants to help with our Milton, Georgetown and Halton Hills venues.
Summary of Duties:
- Lead a group of children aged 1-8yrs in a fun and energetic program according to Monkeynastix guidelines
- Responsible for greeting participants, leading activities, ensuring the safety and enjoyment of participants, organizing equipment and preparing for activities/lessons.
- Establish positive relationships with participants, parents, teachers, and other staff members
- Experience working or volunteering with children in a recreational setting.
- Post-Secondary education in early childhood education, child and youth studies, physical education/kinesiology, recreation and leisure, education or equivalent
- Ability to work flexible hours including Monday to Friday with occasional weekends
- Access to a vehicle required, as travel within Milton & Halton Hills is required
Conditions of Employment:
- Applicants must have current certification in Emergency First Aid and Level B CPR or willing to obtain it.
- Applicants must complete screening through the Child Abuse Registry and if applicable, a Police Records Check.
- Applicants must be willing to obtain HIGH FIVE training
- Hours - Typically one program runs 1 to 3 hours per week, however, some applicants may be considered to instruct one or more program per week, depending on qualifications and availability (classes are 30-45mins in length). Key days of the week are Monday to Wednesday 9-5pm (shifts vary by term) and some Saturdays.
Indeed - 19 months ago