Money Mart Employee Reviews

good and very well trained in financial department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2017
I learnt a lot from company they train employees in a variety of departments from front customer service to many other areas of the company. I enjoyed the benefits and people I worked with I would recommend working here if your interest is in customer service and finance.
Productive and Fun
Customer Service, open and close store (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 September 2017
Working for money mart was a great way to expand my customer service skills and build personal relationships to better serve the community, I enjoyed working for the company made friends and build relationships.
Cheque cashing place with Western Union
Data Entry/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 September 2017
I opened and closed the store everyday. Cashed cheques, did money orders, Collections, Wester Union etc. I learned how to access customers and verify cheques. Managed a safe with copious amounts of money, and balanced til. The hardest part of this job, I remember i was not trained properly which had me questioning other staff. However, this was my first job and i enjoyed the challenge.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Was not trained properly
Positive environment with lots of opportunity for growth
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB18 September 2017
A typical day at work involved dealing with a wide range of all different types of customers and products. I learned a lot working at Money Mart. I learned how to be a better customer service representative, I learned positive ways to deal with irate customers, I learned how to cross sell products to promote business growth, I learned how to be a great leader and support my staff and help them succeed.

Management at Money Mart was very supportive, anything you needed you got assistance with. My District Manager really helped me thrive and grow not only as a person but in my role as branch manager as well.

Workplace culture was good, I had a great team of staff and we all worked hard together to promote the growth of not only the business but pushed each other to grow individually as well.

The hardest part of the job sometimes was not being able to help people because they didn't fall within the required criteria. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all different types of people and forming positive customer relationships.
Pros
Salary and benefits, room for growth, bonus opportunities
Cons
Extensive hours
A stepping stone
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON29 August 2017
Listen I loved working a Money Mart but my wallet did not. For the responsibility and multitasking required not enough money. The experience is great but compensation not unfortunately.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay
Great place to get experience - not to stay
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 August 2017
Great place to start to learn fundamentals of a first job. Room for advancement to a certain level then jobs become sparse or they restructure. As a Branch Manager there is a lot of pressure for numbers from your staff and your self as well as auditing paperwork. Time management is a priority. As a staff member great job with perks and benefits. Benefits for part time staff as well. Bonuses can be hard to come by depending on your location.
Pros
competitve salary, benefits, advancement
Cons
long hours, working alone, advancement to a certain degree
n/a
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 August 2017
• As a Branch Manager, I have had to multi-task many functions; including recruitment, people management, sales, customer services, local marketing, risk management, business development, security of my store and its assets.
• I have received extensive management training courses.
• I have proven success in driving sales
• I took over my first store in a state of declining revenue and I managed to increase revenue every month by 4%.
• I have already begun a similar transformation at my second store with positive results.
Pros
work independently
Cons
Long hours and left alone
CUSTOMER SERIVCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 August 2017
You place calls to collect on past loans or if someone cashed a bad chq during the day in between getting up to do pay day loans or cashing checks for the customers coming in to the store.
The mangers can be pretty nice or just okay as you spend most of the day with them doing the same job.
Cons
Slow and long days
nice place to work
Branch Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON24 July 2017
I enjoyed working here and the management is great, I have been working at this company for 4 years because its a nice place. I would like to recommend others to try it
Pros
keep employees for a long time
Cons
low salary
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alberta6 July 2017
good job, fast paced,fun environment, lots of opportunity to learn new things, pay is ok, lots of products to learn about, helpful team members, overall a good place to work.
Money Mart
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC16 June 2017
Can't complain anything from money mart. The people and manager there are very caring to their employees. The only thing I didn't like is I was being bounced around like a ping pong ball from branch to branch.
Great Opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario8 May 2017
This company is an excellent place to work if you are looking for a career because there is always an opportunity for advancement. The training and development is amazing. There are also a number of perks and benefits available to all employees.
Will tell you to lie to customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC19 April 2017
Management was nasty, told repeatedly to lie to customers to earn more profits also told tell late payers to give up food or rent to pay bill and tell immigrants they will be deported if they don't pay on time in full
Pros
nothing
Cons
told to lie to customers
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 April 2017
The company has it's benefits. There are hours and benefits but they drive you into the ground. You get overworked and are under appreciated. It wasn't for me. Lots of pressure for sales, security, dealing with fraud etc.
learn something new every day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON10 April 2017
There is so much to learn and helps with your work skills. there is much growth and training. You work alone a lot and the is a fast pace thru out the day.
Pros
friendly place to work
Cons
the hours are not consistence
Drains the life out of you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
Essentially, money mart as a company thrives by exploiting people at their most financially vulnerable. It exploits the fact that not everybody has a place to go and attempts to force people into accepting horrible terms of loans.
good place, good people
Specialized Call Taker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 March 2017
I like working here and hope to return next tax season. The people are awesome and they work with your schedule. I enjoy my work day and the time goes by quickly
horrible place to work at
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2017
if you want a short term place to work, this may be your place to work but if you want long term, dont bother.. they will never be there for you when you need them the most, if you been there 5 years? 10 years? they will find any reason to get rid of you so they can hire someone for cheaper. want to take a sick day is impossible, all they care about is keeping the door open. seems you cant go above anyone even if upper management is doing something wrong, even if its 10 managers sticking together, they will get rid of you eventually because they all stick together. they only care that stores meet or exceed with unrealistic budgets, its only getting worse as the years come
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours and not getting paid for it
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 March 2017
Great place to work. Lots of have I had with the staff and the customers. This company is truly the best place on earth. I loved how every Friday we got to dress up.
working nights
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
I don't believe Money Mart pays enough for the sacrifices the employees make as well as putting their lives on the line to service and handle the amount of money they do daily