Money Mart Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 January 2017
Very nice place to start for a entry level position. Excellent training program. Management was really nice. You meet interesting people every day. Good relationship with customers. Co workers were like family and helped me in all difficult situations. Upper management was friendly and visited stores often. Manager and DM was awesome and was available all the time to answer any query.
Pros
Excellent management, nice co workers, fun, good work life balance
Cons
salary could be better
horrible place to work at
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2017
if you want a short term place to work, this may be your place to work but if you want long term, dont bother.. they will never be there for you when you need them the most, if you been there 5 years? 10 years? they will find any reason to get rid of you so they can hire someone for cheaper. want to take a sick day is impossible, all they care about is keeping the door open. seems you cant go above anyone even if upper management is doing something wrong, even if its 10 managers sticking together, they will get rid of you eventually because they all stick together. they only care that stores meet or exceed with unrealistic budgets, its only getting worse as the years come
Pros
no pros
Cons
long hours and not getting paid for it
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 January 2017
TERRIBLE place to work. High expectations with un-achievable goals. Thrown in to work without adequate training and no support. No recognition for going above and beyond, for long hours worked (12+/day alone with no break) and days off not taken because you get called in - this stuff does not matter in the long run. Gossip and back-biting is rampant from management on down - don't trust anyone!. The only positive about this job is that most of the customers are great and form a positive part of the day.
Pros
Job diversity, majority of the customers are enjoyable
Cons
Everything else
Productive place to work with lots of opportunity to grow
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 February 2017
Productive environment that allowed me to build a strong rappor with customers and allowed me to advance in my career with money mart. Lots of opportunity for growth and development.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Changing management so often
Horrible
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2016
Horrible pay along with long hours and lack of management support.
If you even have any sort of health problem that can cause even a day of absence, don't reply.
Management doesn't believe in being sick along with emotional support and development.
Customers are very aggressive and To support to the staff.
Unrealistic targets for certain stores
Fast paced changing environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2017
It can be an exciting or difficult career depending on how you accept change. They always seemed to cut back on labour making it difficult to manage the store and on occasion they declined bonuses due to the overall company not making profit targets.
Cons
lack of budget for staffing means massive amounts of unpaid overtime due to being salaried
Horrible place to work. Highschool mentality
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 January 2017
You learn alot and fast. Although if the managers don't like you they push you out. The gossip that runs from the staff to managers to district managers is so high school. I know in the store I was working at the temp manager was creating alot of gossip and blaming others. The back stabbing that happened was worse than the mean girls in high school. The wage is minimal for the work you do and the pressure you receive to reach the unattainable goals in sales is worse than being on a bomb squad. If there was a negative star button I'd hit it for -5 stars. Horrible place to work. So happy I quit!!
Cons
Everything about it was a horrible experiance
Money Mart Summary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 May 2016
I find my workplace enjoyable. I take phone calls, make professional calls, local marketing and serve customers. I love my job and I have made many professional relationships with my customers. In fact I know most of them by name. Majority of the time I am working alone. I open and close the store (key holder). Although my job does satisfy me, I am looking for more. I am unhappy with the management and the treatment given. I am looking for a career in my field to gain experience. I am looking for something perfect for me, in any part of Canada.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON18 January 2017
•Responsible for the employment of 5 customer service reps - (health and safety, motivation and disciplinary action given, analyzing job quality, implementing new structures to increase productivity and profits)
•Meeting Key performance indicators targets and maximizing profits and minimizing penalties
•Cash ordering in advance, shifting hours to meet business needs, scheduling, ordering supplies, customer service at Point of sale, training new hires, local area marketing & monitoring Profit and loss
•Employee Retention
•Collection calls for delinquent accounts
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Secluded
Don't bother with these guys
CSR (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 January 2017
You apply through a job board - like this one, for instance - and get redirected to their website. Once you're done with the tedious application process, you get sent a generic assessment by e-mail which contains a litany of personality-related questions as well as a some arithmetic exercises any 15-year-old should be able to solve. Then that's it - you won't hear from them again, resulting in a net loss of time and effort. 3-5 days later you'll see the same job posted again on the same job boards.

These guys are dishonest and sleazy. Stay away.
sometimes it was great-other times not so great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan14 October 2016
DMs and higher management need to learn how to hire the right staff. Things are definately interesting there!! Great place to work if you dont smoke-there are no breaks if you are by yourself, which usually is what happens.
Pros
meet interesting people
Cons
sporadic hours - 3 hrs one day, 12 the next
terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 January 2017
terrible place to work,t management is terrible and they treat their employees like trash then fire you without cause.
Drains the life out of you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2017
Essentially, money mart as a company thrives by exploiting people at their most financially vulnerable. It exploits the fact that not everybody has a place to go and attempts to force people into accepting horrible terms of loans.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 March 2017
Great place to work. Lots of have I had with the staff and the customers. This company is truly the best place on earth. I loved how every Friday we got to dress up.
good for a high school student
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 December 2016
minimum wage job with way to many expectations, ceos make all the money and the csrs at the front lines get nothing. bonuses include $20 tim card once every 2 years.
Pros
$5 tim card
Cons
minimum wage
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 August 2016
Money Mart helped with my customer service skills and the work environment was a great to work within. Management wanted to see personal growth and did what they needed to do to see it happen.
working nights
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2017
I don't believe Money Mart pays enough for the sacrifices the employees make as well as putting their lives on the line to service and handle the amount of money they do daily
a lot to take in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 January 2017
a lot of experience is gained in this job however it is very hard to keep up everything at the same time. but work is fruitful.
Worst place I ever worked at!!!!!!
Csr (Former Employee) –  Toronto31 May 2014
DM doesn't show any appreciation toward their employees
A lot of verbal abuse from customers who always end up being right at the end of the day
Low pay, you can hit your monthly target every month and still mangers find a reason to not give you your full raise that you know you deserve
Not flexible job at all especially for students
They will dismiss you from the company if they find out that your looking for other oportunities
Not worth applying for, your not garentee your job. When they feel to dismiss you without a valid reason, you will be let go.
Last when your sick they find reasons why they feel your not sick.
The management team really sucks it's a lot of work with no recognition!!!!!!
Pros
NICE customers will bring you coffee
Cons
Long hours, no appreciation, verbal abuse from customers and district/branch managers
Good training, good company to work for
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2016
Just started 3 mths ago and the training is great because there is so much to know with rules & regs of the industry. They take care in keeping you safe.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Money Mart. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9