Moneris Employee Reviews

Great industry; great stepping stone, many meetings; steep learning curve; fun place to work; Great Sales team; transparent in technology and pricing
Change Management Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 3, 2016
Pros
Young and upcoming Corporate culture
Cons
Long Hours
Great Culture and good people to work with.
Bilingual Channel Boarding Representative (Current Employee) –  3300 Bloor Street WestJuly 15, 2016
• Processed requests for debit/credit terminals from new and existing clients throughout North America.
• Established rapport and maintained client relationships and communication with key sales channels (ISO/ISC offices) and with cross-functional internal groups.
• Provided a high level of customer service while managing inquiries regarding the boarding process.
• Achieved and exceeded performance expectations by meeting daily, weekly and monthly input targets.

* I learned a lot about the payment processing industry.
* Poor management skill.
* Co-workers were nice and very helpful.
* The hardest part of the job is that the company does not provide enough training in order to do the job properly.
* Most enjoyable part of the job was the culture.
Pros
great culture, good people
Cons
poor salary, bad management
Moneris as a leader on Payment Industry
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
Moneris Solutions is a place where work culture and life is very well balanced, and it is one of the priorities. During my five years of working I have been enjoying every single aspect including the work environment and the opportunities for advancement. The company is highly supportive and encourages the employees to discover other areas of interest.
Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NBJanuary 27, 2016
Although you day may be somewhat intense, and some of the calls may be less then enjoyable, its definitely one of the best call centers I've worked at. The management team works hard at trying to create as much team activity as possible, and there is always some type of social event going on to help you bond together with your teammates, laugh and move forward.
Pros
Ongoing social activity and learning opportunities
Cons
location and current age group of management makes moving up the ladder a little challenging, however not impossible
not a real career based employment
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 5, 2015
answering calls in a timely manor, learning about the business and technology they use, troubleshooting with customers in a call center environment.

learned how payment processing works when using there technology.

management seems to be one sided and slow process to agent resolution and escalation procedures

my co workers were easy to get a long with and easy to learn from about the job

hardest part of the job is when there is no support on the weekends from management staff when there is an escalation. and short staffed on weekends made work difficult when having to answer the calls that come in.

most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the feedback from customers and interacting with co workers.
Pros
close to home guaranteed 2 days off a week, salary
Cons
scheduling, advancement, management
Lots of politics.. Not what you know it's who you know
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2016
I enjoy my work and dealing with customers. Very easy job due to all the advertisement that Moneris does and the fact that they receive warm leads from bmo and rbc. There is potentiant to make good money but target in over inflated so stress is high and inside competition is unethical. They are creating new call centres over seas and hiring independent groups to do our job while target remains just as high. You are not allowed to have an opinion otherwise you are labeled as negative and harassed. Their tactics is to scare rather than motivate.
The worst part about this company is management. Extremely unprofessional and unethical. Strict call centre environment, micro management and no room for advancement unless you are Fake for friend and family with management. Lots of favourotism. Not an equal opportunity place.
You are treated like a second class citizen. I often feel I am back at school! Not a good feeling for a working adult.
I would not recommend as they do not value employees. If you are looking for long term growth look elsewhere.
Good for temporary, transitional place to work.
Pros
Easy sale, warm leads
Cons
Corrupted management. Lots of favourotism extremelyvstressful
Fast-pace environment with great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 20, 2016
There isn't a typical day as it is generally filled with meetings and moving priorities. There are many great people which will help you through your challenges but it is pertinent to build relationships amongst your peers in order to succeed.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Job security
Innovative, dynamic, and very successful company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
Sales and technology driven company with visionary leadership and market leading strategies, bringing together talented people to create innovative and customer-centric solutions
Take it or leave it...
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
Good work/life balance. Nice people overall. Decently interesting work.

All work, no play. Finger pointing culture as opposed to team environment.

If you're hired below the director level, you'll never make it up the ladder.
Pros
Work on high-profile projects.
Cons
Glass ceiling, salary severely under industry standards.
Not convinced
Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 21, 2016
Pay very low for this career. Do not appreciate knowledge. The old time slave system. Good luck finding new BTs.
Pros
Work early mornings. Free early.
Cons
Pay low $17, request a daily job quote or out.
Love Moneris but their pay is too low
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2016
I Love working at Moneris but their pay is too low. My colleagues are excellent. But as I said the only problem is their pay, which is low.
Electronics
ELECTRONICS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 3, 2016
 Performed system testing which evaluated performance and functionality.
 Repaired electrical systems, circuitry and circuitry repair, up to PCB level.
 Interfaced daily with the engineering team to help ensure compliance to all technical specifications and drawings for selected scopes.
The perfect place for candidates who welcome new challenges, and want to continuously learn and grow within their careers
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 8, 2016
A Canadian Provider first and foremost, Moneris a leader in the payment Industry. It is a hub of innovative thinkers and perfect company for the people who urge to grow.
High Level of Stress
Risk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJune 11, 2013
High turn over with staff not replaced and work pushed to already over worked employees. No rewards for hard work. Low base pay and managers in keeping with thier budget give no raises. More and more work pushed with no overtime. Management is invisible and don't know how to manage or know job. Managers appointed by the Peter Principle and what director you are kissing up to. A lot of bullying, demeaning behaviour by managers to employees. Managers lie to their superiors and throw employees under the bus. A constant witch hunt! Director's VP's - open your eyes to beyond the deflecting of your managers.
Pros
Many friendly workers that are at low pay bands and they are on subway line.
Cons
Bad behaving managers and team leads.
Productive & a place to grow
Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 15, 2016
«a typical busy day at work, learned and helped others whenever required, relationship with co-workers was good, never had difficulty in figuring out the problem, enjoyed the work and always ready to do something new
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Overtime
Productive and great place to work
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
Moneris is the Number one credit card payment processor in Canada and they are great at doing it.

Moneris is inclusive

Great atmosphere
Learning Enviornment
business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 13, 2016
Every day i learnt several things that were new to me, the environment made this learning process fun.This job was also a confidence builder as well as building customer service skills.
Pros
high earnings
Cons
commission
Not the greatest place to work
Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ontMarch 27, 2013
The job I did at Moneris required me to work extremely long hours on a regular basis with little to no support from my manager who had no clue about my job function and showed little to no interest. I was just bullied by other managers in my department which also had a very heavy layer of office politics which was really created by the head to the department. I found my peers and I were engaged by sr mgt in the department on a lot of time wasting or useless projects that never turned into anything. I also found that the companies policies were not applied fairly and equally to all employees.
Pros
location
Cons
poor structure, unfair policy administration and not so nice co-workers.
Time at moneris
Technical Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 20, 2015
Its a great company with a great atmosphere. Management is very helpful when needed or wanted, pay is great and benefits are awesome. Great place to work for.
Amazing Leadership and Team Building
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaSeptember 29, 2015
Best leadership and team building. The culture is amazing and everyone that I work with is amazing. The leadership skills and time spent in personal development is absolutely amazing