Moneris Employee Reviews

Great Culture and good people to work with.
Bilingual Channel Boarding Representative (Current Employee) –  3300 Bloor Street West15 July 2016
• Processed requests for debit/credit terminals from new and existing clients throughout North America.
• Established rapport and maintained client relationships and communication with key sales channels (ISO/ISC offices) and with cross-functional internal groups.
• Provided a high level of customer service while managing inquiries regarding the boarding process.
• Achieved and exceeded performance expectations by meeting daily, weekly and monthly input targets.

* I learned a lot about the payment processing industry.
* Poor management skill.
* Co-workers were nice and very helpful.
* The hardest part of the job is that the company does not provide enough training in order to do the job properly.
* Most enjoyable part of the job was the culture.
Pros
great culture, good people
Cons
poor salary, bad management
Lots of politics.. Not what you know it's who you know
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2016
I enjoy my work and dealing with customers. Very easy job due to all the advertisement that Moneris does and the fact that they receive warm leads from bmo and rbc. There is potentiant to make good money but target in over inflated so stress is high and inside competition is unethical. They are creating new call centres over seas and hiring independent groups to do our job while target remains just as high. You are not allowed to have an opinion otherwise you are labeled as negative and harassed. Their tactics is to scare rather than motivate.
The worst part about this company is management. Extremely unprofessional and unethical. Strict call centre environment, micro management and no room for advancement unless you are Fake for friend and family with management. Lots of favourotism. Not an equal opportunity place.
You are treated like a second class citizen. I often feel I am back at school! Not a good feeling for a working adult.
I would not recommend as they do not value employees. If you are looking for long term growth look elsewhere.
Good for temporary, transitional place to work.
Pros
Easy sale, warm leads
Cons
Corrupted management. Lots of favourotism extremelyvstressful
Great industry; great stepping stone, many meetings; steep learning curve; fun place to work; Great Sales team; transparent in technology and pricing
Change Management Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
Pros
Young and upcoming Corporate culture
Cons
Long Hours
Not convinced
Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2016
Pay very low for this career. Do not appreciate knowledge. The old time slave system. Good luck finding new BTs.
Pros
Work early mornings. Free early.
Cons
Pay low $17, request a daily job quote or out.
Moneris as a leader on Payment Industry
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2015
Moneris Solutions is a place where work culture and life is very well balanced, and it is one of the priorities. During my five years of working I have been enjoying every single aspect including the work environment and the opportunities for advancement. The company is highly supportive and encourages the employees to discover other areas of interest.
not a real career based employment
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON5 June 2015
answering calls in a timely manor, learning about the business and technology they use, troubleshooting with customers in a call center environment.

learned how payment processing works when using there technology.

management seems to be one sided and slow process to agent resolution and escalation procedures

my co workers were easy to get a long with and easy to learn from about the job

hardest part of the job is when there is no support on the weekends from management staff when there is an escalation. and short staffed on weekends made work difficult when having to answer the calls that come in.

most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the feedback from customers and interacting with co workers.
Pros
close to home guaranteed 2 days off a week, salary
Cons
scheduling, advancement, management
Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NB27 January 2016
Although you day may be somewhat intense, and some of the calls may be less then enjoyable, its definitely one of the best call centers I've worked at. The management team works hard at trying to create as much team activity as possible, and there is always some type of social event going on to help you bond together with your teammates, laugh and move forward.
Pros
Ongoing social activity and learning opportunities
Cons
location and current age group of management makes moving up the ladder a little challenging, however not impossible
Good place
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (JAVA) (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON7 November 2016
Very comfortable work location. Flexible work hours. Met deadlines. Work friendly. Got chance to work with senior people and have learnt so many new techs indeed
Love Moneris but their pay is too low
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2016
I Love working at Moneris but their pay is too low. My colleagues are excellent. But as I said the only problem is their pay, which is low.
Innovative, dynamic, and very successful company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2016
Sales and technology driven company with visionary leadership and market leading strategies, bringing together talented people to create innovative and customer-centric solutions
High Level of Stress
Risk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario11 June 2013
High turn over with staff not replaced and work pushed to already over worked employees. No rewards for hard work. Low base pay and managers in keeping with thier budget give no raises. More and more work pushed with no overtime. Management is invisible and don't know how to manage or know job. Managers appointed by the Peter Principle and what director you are kissing up to. A lot of bullying, demeaning behaviour by managers to employees. Managers lie to their superiors and throw employees under the bus. A constant witch hunt! Director's VP's - open your eyes to beyond the deflecting of your managers.
Pros
Many friendly workers that are at low pay bands and they are on subway line.
Cons
Bad behaving managers and team leads.
The perfect place for candidates who welcome new challenges, and want to continuously learn and grow within their careers
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2016
A Canadian Provider first and foremost, Moneris a leader in the payment Industry. It is a hub of innovative thinkers and perfect company for the people who urge to grow.
Take it or leave it...
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2015
Good work/life balance. Nice people overall. Decently interesting work.

All work, no play. Finger pointing culture as opposed to team environment.

If you're hired below the director level, you'll never make it up the ladder.
Pros
Work on high-profile projects.
Cons
Glass ceiling, salary severely under industry standards.
Electronics
ELECTRONICS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2016
 Performed system testing which evaluated performance and functionality.
 Repaired electrical systems, circuitry and circuitry repair, up to PCB level.
 Interfaced daily with the engineering team to help ensure compliance to all technical specifications and drawings for selected scopes.
Not the greatest place to work
Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ont27 March 2013
The job I did at Moneris required me to work extremely long hours on a regular basis with little to no support from my manager who had no clue about my job function and showed little to no interest. I was just bullied by other managers in my department which also had a very heavy layer of office politics which was really created by the head to the department. I found my peers and I were engaged by sr mgt in the department on a lot of time wasting or useless projects that never turned into anything. I also found that the companies policies were not applied fairly and equally to all employees.
Pros
location
Cons
poor structure, unfair policy administration and not so nice co-workers.
Productive & a place to grow
Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2016
«a typical busy day at work, learned and helped others whenever required, relationship with co-workers was good, never had difficulty in figuring out the problem, enjoyed the work and always ready to do something new
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Overtime
Productive and great place to work
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 April 2016
Moneris is the Number one credit card payment processor in Canada and they are great at doing it.

Moneris is inclusive

Great atmosphere
Learning Enviornment
business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2016
Every day i learnt several things that were new to me, the environment made this learning process fun.This job was also a confidence builder as well as building customer service skills.
Pros
high earnings
Cons
commission
fun working place, no security on salary and benefit
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2012
work hour from 8:00am to 6:30pm
learned interpersonal skill, communication skill, organizational skill, sales skill and management skill
manage 3 people in my team
have very nice co-workers, fun and outgoing, full of energy
suffer long working time to train but the job turn over rate is very high, so the time I spent might not turn into value
self contractor
Pros
self management
Cons
long hours, high turn over rate, commission only
Time at moneris
Technical Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON20 May 2015
Its a great company with a great atmosphere. Management is very helpful when needed or wanted, pay is great and benefits are awesome. Great place to work for.