Moneris Solutions

Moneris Solutions Employee Reviews in Canada

Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NBJanuary 27, 2016
Although you day may be somewhat intense, and some of the calls may be less then enjoyable, its definitely one of the best call centers I've worked at. The management team works hard at trying to create as much team activity as possible, and there is always some type of social event going on to help you bond together with your teammates, laugh and move forward.
Pros
Ongoing social activity and learning opportunities
Cons
location and current age group of management makes moving up the ladder a little challenging, however not impossible
Moneris as a leader on Payment Industry
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
Moneris Solutions is a place where work culture and life is very well balanced, and it is one of the priorities. During my five years of working I have been enjoying every single aspect including the work environment and the opportunities for advancement. The company is highly supportive and encourages the employees to discover other areas of interest.
Financial Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sackville, nsDecember 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Moneris. I loved the people and the interaction with the business owners and the staff on a daily basis, and you felt like a part of the family.
Cons
boring, work and work, everything is fake even smiles and greetings.
Fraud Detection Officer (Former Employee) –  Fraud -TorontoJuly 27, 2015
Managers changing all the times, team lead and seniors are so unprofessional and rude to other staff members and have fake smiles/laughs. Team Lead talks behind staff member with others when that person is not present and has no idea what is going on. There is not clear communication with everyone in the team.
They team up against each other. Work procedures are so unclear and mess, everyday new rules that making new mess in the entire department that affect employee and clients.
Pros
niel
Cons
I would not suggest you to work there. low payment, lots of expectations
Excellent Company to work with people
COLLECTION DATA INPUT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
I worked more than 10 years in this company and developed my skills, knowledge. Great people and team oriented, and last 3 years the company has developed excellent. For instance, Moneris Solutions recognized as a recipient of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in North America for 2015.
not a real career based employment
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 5, 2015
answering calls in a timely manor, learning about the business and technology they use, troubleshooting with customers in a call center environment.

learned how payment processing works when using there technology.

management seems to be one sided and slow process to agent resolution and escalation procedures

my co workers were easy to get a long with and easy to learn from about the job

hardest part of the job is when there is no support on the weekends from management staff when there is an escalation. and short staffed on weekends made work difficult when having to answer the calls that come in.

most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the feedback from customers and interacting with co workers.
Pros
close to home guaranteed 2 days off a week, salary
Cons
scheduling, advancement, management
Take it or leave it...
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
Good work/life balance. Nice people overall. Decently interesting work.

All work, no play. Finger pointing culture as opposed to team environment.

If you're hired below the director level, you'll never make it up the ladder.
Pros
Work on high-profile projects.
Cons
Glass ceiling, salary severely under industry standards.
B 2 B sales
Outside Business-to-Business Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 30, 2015
I learned how to be assertive and close sales on the spot, while working with Moneris. These are skills that important to be successful in sales, and in life.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Tough sells
One of the Best Company I ever Worked.
Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 18, 2015
There is not a single day, i don't have a new lesson which encourage me to face any challenge. Such a great environment to work with.
Supportive Team to Assist with Daily Challenges
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
The company is going through a cultural shift that is taking the company in a new direction - mix of good and bad with any change.

Direct Managers are supportive of their employees' future development.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Productive, Fun Place To Work
Business Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NBApril 21, 2015
Great environment
Fast paced
Always had fun
Good hours
fun
friendly
productive
hardest part - dealing with irate clients
Most enjoyable - being with friends, dealing with great people
Productive and fun workplace with lots of opportunities to learn new work
Customer Investigations Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2014
Very busy work place with lot of daily targets to achieve productivity. Friendly and fun loving environment. Interaction with a lot of different departments to get the work done. Lot of activities to take part in the company. Can be part of many committees to help the community.
Pros
lot of learning opportunities
Cons
limited opportunity for growth
Time at moneris
Technical Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 20, 2015
Its a great company with a great atmosphere. Management is very helpful when needed or wanted, pay is great and benefits are awesome. Great place to work for.
Excellent Place to Work
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 31, 2015
Moneris has a very strong culture of people management and development. The office is low stress and free of politics or cliques.
good company to gain experience after graduation
Credit Analyst- IB Credit Department (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 25, 2013
- adjudicating applications 12-15 on average a day
- learned how to assess the various risks associated with each merchant and how to take proactive steps to minimize losses
- analyze and review financial statements
- good co-workers, very helpful
- good flexibility with vacations/ time off
- the hardest part about my job is dealing with unhappy merchants and when there is a lot of applications to be assessed
Pros
flexible, good experience for a new grad
Cons
can be stressful, lowest paid company in the payment processing industry for salaries, hard to move up in terms of jobs
High Level of Stress
Risk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJune 11, 2013
High turn over with staff not replaced and work pushed to already over worked employees. No rewards for hard work. Low base pay and managers in keeping with thier budget give no raises. More and more work pushed with no overtime. Management is invisible and don't know how to manage or know job. Managers appointed by the Peter Principle and what director you are kissing up to. A lot of bullying, demeaning behaviour by managers to employees. Managers lie to their superiors and throw employees under the bus. A constant witch hunt! Director's VP's - open your eyes to beyond the deflecting of your managers.
Pros
many friendly workers that are at low pay bands and they are on subway line.
Cons
bad behaving managers and team leads.
fun working place, no security on salary and benefit
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2012
work hour from 8:00am to 6:30pm
learned interpersonal skill, communication skill, organizational skill, sales skill and management skill
manage 3 people in my team
have very nice co-workers, fun and outgoing, full of energy
suffer long working time to train but the job turn over rate is very high, so the time I spent might not turn into value
self contractor
Pros
self management
Cons
long hours, high turn over rate, commission only

Comment – October 12, 2012

Hi, I am a newcomer to canada and i have worked in a similar company like moneris before and I am looking to get into company like Moneris. 8.00 to 6.30 - this time is totally out in the field and is this cold calling and sign new accounts or relationship management with the existing accounts. While in sales, how is the pressure and I guess u said it is only commission? no fixed salaries? Thanks for replying

Not the greatest place to work
Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ontMarch 27, 2013
The job I did at Moneris required me to work extremely long hours on a regular basis with little to no support from my manager who had no clue about my job function and showed little to no interest. I was just bullied by other managers in my department which also had a very heavy layer of office politics which was really created by the head to the department. I found my peers and I were engaged by sr mgt in the department on a lot of time wasting or useless projects that never turned into anything. I also found that the companies policies were not applied fairly and equally to all employees.
Pros
location
Cons
poor structure, unfair policy administration and not so nice co-workers.
Some good managers, some very bad. good job, bad pay, unrealistic quota
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  BurnabyJuly 4, 2013
great job, but pay is not on par with like companies. Unrealistic quota and long sales cycles. Nice balance of existing and new clients, good flexibility. Benefits are sub-par for a company this size. Great reputation and infrastructure.
Pros
good reputation, flexibilty
Cons
poor pay, poor benefits
Great work place, pressure free work not a lot of learning
Electronics/Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  canadaJuly 14, 2014
Starts a day with the repairs of systems. very easy work great boss but barely any room of moving forward most of workers are on contract permanent employment is rare.
Pros
pressure free, good working environment
Cons
no advancement