Moneris Solutions

Moneris Solutions Employee Reviews in Canada

Moneris as a leader on Payment Industry
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
Moneris Solutions is a place where work culture and life is very well balanced, and it is one of the priorities. During my five years of working I have been enjoying every single aspect including the work environment and the opportunities for advancement. The company is highly supportive and encourages the employees to discover other areas of interest.
Technical Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sackville, NBJanuary 27, 2016
Although you day may be somewhat intense, and some of the calls may be less then enjoyable, its definitely one of the best call centers I've worked at. The management team works hard at trying to create as much team activity as possible, and there is always some type of social event going on to help you bond together with your teammates, laugh and move forward.
Pros
Ongoing social activity and learning opportunities
Cons
location and current age group of management makes moving up the ladder a little challenging, however not impossible
not a real career based employment
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 5, 2015
answering calls in a timely manor, learning about the business and technology they use, troubleshooting with customers in a call center environment.

learned how payment processing works when using there technology.

management seems to be one sided and slow process to agent resolution and escalation procedures

my co workers were easy to get a long with and easy to learn from about the job

hardest part of the job is when there is no support on the weekends from management staff when there is an escalation. and short staffed on weekends made work difficult when having to answer the calls that come in.

most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the feedback from customers and interacting with co workers.
Pros
close to home guaranteed 2 days off a week, salary
Cons
scheduling, advancement, management
Take it or leave it...
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
Good work/life balance. Nice people overall. Decently interesting work.

All work, no play. Finger pointing culture as opposed to team environment.

If you're hired below the director level, you'll never make it up the ladder.
Pros
Work on high-profile projects.
Cons
Glass ceiling, salary severely under industry standards.
Lots of politics.. Not what you know it's who you know
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2016
I enjoy my work and dealing with customers. Very easy job due to all the advertisement that Moneris does and the fact that they receive warm leads from bmo and rbc. There is potentiant to make good money but target in over inflated so stress is high and inside competition is unethical. They are creating new call centres over seas and hiring independent groups to do our job while target remains just as high. You are not allowed to have an opinion otherwise you are labeled as negative and harassed. Their tactics is to scare rather than motivate.
The worst part about this company is management. Extremely unprofessional and unethical. Strict call centre environment, micro management and no room for advancement unless you are Fake for friend and family with management. Lots of favourotism. Not an equal opportunity place.
You are treated like a second class citizen. I often feel I am back at school! Not a good feeling for a working adult.
I would not recommend as they do not value employees. If you are looking for long term growth look elsewhere.
Good for temporary, transitional place to work.
Pros
Easy sale, warm leads
Cons
Corrupted management. Lots of favourotism extremelyvstressful
High Level of Stress
Risk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJune 11, 2013
High turn over with staff not replaced and work pushed to already over worked employees. No rewards for hard work. Low base pay and managers in keeping with thier budget give no raises. More and more work pushed with no overtime. Management is invisible and don't know how to manage or know job. Managers appointed by the Peter Principle and what director you are kissing up to. A lot of bullying, demeaning behaviour by managers to employees. Managers lie to their superiors and throw employees under the bus. A constant witch hunt! Director's VP's - open your eyes to beyond the deflecting of your managers.
Pros
many friendly workers that are at low pay bands and they are on subway line.
Cons
bad behaving managers and team leads.
Time at moneris
Technical Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 20, 2015
Its a great company with a great atmosphere. Management is very helpful when needed or wanted, pay is great and benefits are awesome. Great place to work for.
Financial Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sackville, nsDecember 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Moneris. I loved the people and the interaction with the business owners and the staff on a daily basis, and you felt like a part of the family.
Cons
boring, work and work, everything is fake even smiles and greetings.
Fraud Detection Officer (Former Employee) –  Fraud -TorontoJuly 27, 2015
Managers changing all the times, team lead and seniors are so unprofessional and rude to other staff members and have fake smiles/laughs. Team Lead talks behind staff member with others when that person is not present and has no idea what is going on. There is not clear communication with everyone in the team.
They team up against each other. Work procedures are so unclear and mess, everyday new rules that making new mess in the entire department that affect employee and clients.
Pros
niel
Cons
I would not suggest you to work there. low payment, lots of expectations
Not the greatest place to work
Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ontMarch 27, 2013
The job I did at Moneris required me to work extremely long hours on a regular basis with little to no support from my manager who had no clue about my job function and showed little to no interest. I was just bullied by other managers in my department which also had a very heavy layer of office politics which was really created by the head to the department. I found my peers and I were engaged by sr mgt in the department on a lot of time wasting or useless projects that never turned into anything. I also found that the companies policies were not applied fairly and equally to all employees.
Pros
location
Cons
poor structure, unfair policy administration and not so nice co-workers.
Excellent Place to Work
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 31, 2015
Moneris has a very strong culture of people management and development. The office is low stress and free of politics or cliques.
fun working place, no security on salary and benefit
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2012
work hour from 8:00am to 6:30pm
learned interpersonal skill, communication skill, organizational skill, sales skill and management skill
manage 3 people in my team
have very nice co-workers, fun and outgoing, full of energy
suffer long working time to train but the job turn over rate is very high, so the time I spent might not turn into value
self contractor
Pros
self management
Cons
long hours, high turn over rate, commission only

Comment – October 12, 2012

Hi, I am a newcomer to canada and i have worked in a similar company like moneris before and I am looking to get into company like Moneris. 8.00 to 6.30 - this time is totally out in the field and is this cold calling and sign new accounts or relationship management with the existing accounts. While in sales, how is the pressure and I guess u said it is only commission? no fixed salaries? Thanks for replying

One of the Best Company I ever Worked.
Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 18, 2015
There is not a single day, i don't have a new lesson which encourage me to face any challenge. Such a great environment to work with.
Excellent Company to work with people
COLLECTION DATA INPUT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
I worked more than 10 years in this company and developed my skills, knowledge. Great people and team oriented, and last 3 years the company has developed excellent. For instance, Moneris Solutions recognized as a recipient of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in North America for 2015.
B 2 B sales
Outside Business-to-Business Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 30, 2015
I learned how to be assertive and close sales on the spot, while working with Moneris. These are skills that important to be successful in sales, and in life.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Tough sells
would never work here again
Change Management coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2013
worse organizational culture, i was the change management coordinator for this company and the managers and team leads are NOT helpful and remain in cliques. you will be micromanaged and bossed around
Pros
close to transportation
Cons
horrible organizational culture
Supportive Team to Assist with Daily Challenges
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
The company is going through a cultural shift that is taking the company in a new direction - mix of good and bad with any change.

Direct Managers are supportive of their employees' future development.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Productive, Fun Place To Work
Business Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NBApril 21, 2015
Great environment
Fast paced
Always had fun
Good hours
fun
friendly
productive
hardest part - dealing with irate clients
Most enjoyable - being with friends, dealing with great people
Great work place, pressure free work not a lot of learning
Electronics/Bench Technician (Former Employee) –  canadaJuly 14, 2014
Starts a day with the repairs of systems. very easy work great boss but barely any room of moving forward most of workers are on contract permanent employment is rare.
Pros
pressure free, good working environment
Cons
no advancement
Great workplace with an enthusiast teamwork
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 8, 2015
The Job started at nine in the morning and we had to be at the office one hour earlier. The meeting was a warming up. We talked about plans of day, suggestions for maintaining good work, record from the previous day. It was a moment of learning tips of great work habits; also a moment of sharing experiences.

Our leaders taught us many things such as how to approach customers; how to keep positive attitude during the day and even in the personal life.They acted like friend; available to help, and to provide advice. We were always motivated worker beside them.

As well as my leaders, my co-workers were great people too, and I learned a lot from them. I couldn't imagine me working somewhere with people without such that motivation. We used to have party every Friday after work and that really made us know each other.

The hardest part of the job, was the time when you get customers who don't respect your job. I had hard times sometimes with clients who hurt my feelings; fortunately, I learned how to manage those situations, and be out of them cause we got trained for that.

I was always delighted when it was about bonuses. At every end of weekdays, there were challenges and rewards to win. That was one of the great part of the job.