Moneris Solutions Employee Reviews in Canada

It's not what you know, it's who you know!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJuly 29, 2016
I know a girl that works there and she was saying to me that she was getting large accounts from people from other department or her relative and was getting lots of money for it. She was laughting because no one would ever get her in trouble while I was always getting trouble for no reasons. It took me a long time to realise how this company works and it's defenetly who you know. Managers will help you and promote you if you have relative but not because of your skills. I know politic is everywhere but this company is pretty bad. Managers are mean and bullies and directors have no clues of what is going on.
Pros
Subway line, training, bank owned, large company
Cons
Corrupted managers, cheating, bullying, depression, stress, anxiety, favouritism
Lots of politics.. Not what you know it's who you know
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2016
I enjoy my work and dealing with customers. Very easy job due to all the advertisement that Moneris does and the fact that they receive warm leads from bmo and rbc. There is potentiant to make good money but target in over inflated so stress is high and inside competition is unethical. They are creating new call centres over seas and hiring independent groups to do our job while target remains just as high. You are not allowed to have an opinion otherwise you are labeled as negative and harassed. Their tactics is to scare rather than motivate.
The worst part about this company is management. Extremely unprofessional and unethical. Strict call centre environment, micro management and no room for advancement unless you are Fake for friend and family with management. Lots of favourotism. Not an equal opportunity place.
You are treated like a second class citizen. I often feel I am back at school! Not a good feeling for a working adult.
I would not recommend as they do not value employees. If you are looking for long term growth look elsewhere.
Good for temporary, transitional place to work.
Pros
Easy sale, warm leads
Cons
Corrupted management. Lots of favourotism extremelyvstressful
Financial Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sackville, nsDecember 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time with Moneris. I loved the people and the interaction with the business owners and the staff on a daily basis, and you felt like a part of the family.
Moneris as a leader on Payment Industry
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2015
Moneris Solutions is a place where work culture and life is very well balanced, and it is one of the priorities. During my five years of working I have been enjoying every single aspect including the work environment and the opportunities for advancement. The company is highly supportive and encourages the employees to discover other areas of interest.
One of the Best Company I ever Worked.
Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONAugust 18, 2015
There is not a single day, i don't have a new lesson which encourage me to face any challenge. Such a great environment to work with.
B 2 B sales
Outside Business-to-Business Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 30, 2015
I learned how to be assertive and close sales on the spot, while working with Moneris. These are skills that important to be successful in sales, and in life.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Tough sells
boring, work and work, everything is fake even smiles and greetings.
Fraud Detection Officer (Former Employee) –  Fraud -TorontoJuly 27, 2015
Managers changing all the times, team lead and seniors are so unprofessional and rude to other staff members and have fake smiles/laughs. Team Lead talks behind staff member with others when that person is not present and has no idea what is going on. There is not clear communication with everyone in the team.
They team up against each other. Work procedures are so unclear and mess, everyday new rules that making new mess in the entire department that affect employee and clients.
Pros
niel
Cons
I would not suggest you to work there. low payment, lots of expectations
Take it or leave it...
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
Good work/life balance. Nice people overall. Decently interesting work.

All work, no play. Finger pointing culture as opposed to team environment.

If you're hired below the director level, you'll never make it up the ladder.
Pros
Work on high-profile projects.
Cons
Glass ceiling, salary severely under industry standards.
Excellent Company to work with people
COLLECTION DATA INPUT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 24, 2015
I worked more than 10 years in this company and developed my skills, knowledge. Great people and team oriented, and last 3 years the company has developed excellent. For instance, Moneris Solutions recognized as a recipient of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in North America for 2015.
not a real career based employment
Technical Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 5, 2015
answering calls in a timely manor, learning about the business and technology they use, troubleshooting with customers in a call center environment.

learned how payment processing works when using there technology.

management seems to be one sided and slow process to agent resolution and escalation procedures

my co workers were easy to get a long with and easy to learn from about the job

hardest part of the job is when there is no support on the weekends from management staff when there is an escalation. and short staffed on weekends made work difficult when having to answer the calls that come in.

most enjoyable part of the job is hearing the feedback from customers and interacting with co workers.
Pros
close to home guaranteed 2 days off a week, salary
Cons
scheduling, advancement, management
Time at moneris
Technical Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 20, 2015
Its a great company with a great atmosphere. Management is very helpful when needed or wanted, pay is great and benefits are awesome. Great place to work for.
Supportive Team to Assist with Daily Challenges
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2015
The company is going through a cultural shift that is taking the company in a new direction - mix of good and bad with any change.

Direct Managers are supportive of their employees' future development.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Productive, Fun Place To Work
Business Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NBApril 21, 2015
Great environment
Fast paced
Always had fun
Good hours
fun
friendly
productive
hardest part - dealing with irate clients
Most enjoyable - being with friends, dealing with great people
Excellent Place to Work
Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 31, 2015
Moneris has a very strong culture of people management and development. The office is low stress and free of politics or cliques.
Great workplace with an enthusiast teamwork
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 8, 2015
The Job started at nine in the morning and we had to be at the office one hour earlier. The meeting was a warming up. We talked about plans of day, suggestions for maintaining good work, record from the previous day. It was a moment of learning tips of great work habits; also a moment of sharing experiences.

Our leaders taught us many things such as how to approach customers; how to keep positive attitude during the day and even in the personal life.They acted like friend; available to help, and to provide advice. We were always motivated worker beside them.

As well as my leaders, my co-workers were great people too, and I learned a lot from them. I couldn't imagine me working somewhere with people without such that motivation. We used to have party every Friday after work and that really made us know each other.

The hardest part of the job, was the time when you get customers who don't respect your job. I had hard times sometimes with clients who hurt my feelings; fortunately, I learned how to manage those situations, and be out of them cause we got trained for that.

I was always delighted when it was about bonuses. At every end of weekdays, there were challenges and rewards to win. That was one of the great part of the job.
Productive and Growth
Senior Network Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 20, 2014
Had lot of growth in the company. Lot of experience in visualization and Cisco NEXUS.
Productive and fun workplace with lots of opportunities to learn new work
Customer Investigations Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 14, 2014
Very busy work place with lot of daily targets to achieve productivity. Friendly and fun loving environment. Interaction with a lot of different departments to get the work done. Lot of activities to take part in the company. Can be part of many committees to help the community.
Pros
lot of learning opportunities
Cons
limited opportunity for growth
Great work atomphere
Business Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Sackville NBNovember 10, 2014
Training was immaculate. The environment was very positive and inviting. Customers were on average very displeased with their service, which was difficult, yet manageable.
Great place to work overall
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 5, 2014
It was fun. Great teammates. The culture is a little rigid but it may just be that I am not
Pros
bonuses
Cons
44 hours
Geat company