Through its Ernex division, Moneris offers industry leading electronic loyalty and stored-value gift card programs.
Moneris’ vision: To be the leading provider of high-value innovative payment solutions.
As Canada’s largest provider of payment processing solutions, Moneris offers innovative payment services for over 350,000 merchants in every industry segment. Moneris provides the hardware, software and systems needed to improve business efficiencies and manage point-of-sale transactions.
Why work at Moneris?
We offer an innovative, high growth, fast-paced environment which can help you develop and prosper in your career. We offer an attractive Total Rewards compensation and benefits package that rewards excellence and retains top performers.
What Moneris offers you:
We will continually invest in the people and technologies that drive cost efficiencies and provide superior payment solutions to our customers. With that in mind, we strive to keep our employees challenged, satisfied and confident which contributes to the overall success of Moneris.
Are you ready for the Moneris difference? We are looking for you to:
- Join a dynamic work environment
- Apply your creativity
- Work for a company that operates with integrity
- Be challenged
- Work in a team-focused environment
- Have Fun
Position Title: Software Designer
Software Designer is responsible for designing, implementing and documenting highest-quality software changes and feature enhancements for the Ernex product lines.
Key Activities Include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for capturing technical requirements, design, implementation, testing, configuration and software support for assigned product changes.
- Develop solutions with .net 3.5/4.0, WCF, and the Visual Studio family
- Design the interaction between the UI and business logic layers
- Communicate with the client to understand their needs, discuss solution proposals and communicate designs.
- Responsible for estimation of assigned work, and tracking to plan through timely and accurate status reports.
- Responsible for solving complex maintenance problems, which includes debugging, troubleshooting and writing software to ensure that customer operations are successful. Takes initiative to pursue issue resolution or suggest ideas and improvements.
- Responsible for the quality of integration and testing activities, through code and documentation quality, in order to achieve a successful delivery of project solutions to Ernex customers.
- Responsible for learning new technologies, third-party tools and techniques quickly and effectively.
- Responsible for contributing to the maturation of the Ernex Development System and conformance of his/her work with the Ernex Development Quality System.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years .net development experience
- Strong understanding of object oriented design patterns
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of component development best practices for middle tier services.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable working with all levels of the organization and our clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work towards team-based goal
- Respectful of others
- Reverse-engineering skills for software support
- Promotes and displays knowledge-sharing behaviours.
- Able to work with minimal instruction on day-to-day work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Is open to accepting views or recommendations of others in order to achieve successful results for a customer.
- Builds internal relationships that facilitate the achievement of job accountabilities.
This is a permanent position based out of our Burnaby office.
If you are interested, please visit our corporate website www.moneris.com, click on the "Careers" tab and apply to job # J0413-0204
PLEASE NOTE: to be considered for any role, you must apply online via our corporate website.