Mondelez International Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Worst placed I worked ever
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 September 2016
Friendly from the most packaging employee, but there are too many political game. Machine operators are mostly from one nation, they try to kick out all other minority, maintenance are from another nation and they kick out all other minority too. As a dual licensed mechanic, technically can handle everything about machine but hate this situation, you will be blamed if anything happen, any breakdown will put on you head even happened on next shift, the majority people will say you didn't fix it, or you were playing on it so that they have breakdown, and you have to work tripple times than senior maintenance otherwise you will be kicked out.
Big turn over in maintenance and management if you are not from their country.
Pros
Excellent pay and benifit
Cons
Intrigue, blamed other minority
Great
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
Lead appropriate testing, gathered, analyzed process data to improve product quality and reduce costs through line throughput. Worked synergistically with Plant Management, Line Operators, Vendors & Contractors, to develop best solutions to address production challenges, reduce waste and enhance profitability.
very independant environment
Field Sales Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary14 September 2016
Very knowledgeable coworkers, who are willing to help new comers succeed. Enjoy building relationships with the customers to better improve the store and sales.
Good place to work, given the opportunity to build my knowledge in production and various buisness areas.
LEVEL 3 Machine OPERATOR - TRAINER - QC INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 June 2016
I was given the opportunity to increase my knowledge in production, machine operations, training, safety, continuous improvement and quality control. I created SOP manuals and trained new employees on machinery. Updated MSDS binders, facilitated and implemented safety training to employees. The hardest part was the change to continental shifts, but I have made many friends over the years there.
Productive and fast-paced workplace
Packager (Current Employee) –  East York, ON1 June 2016
-co-workers were rude and childish
- work for the most part was difficult but created skills
- i learned more adaptability and endurance
-lack of communication and availability between management and workers
Pros
Long hours, several hours a week, flexible
Cons
Long hours, difficult work, rude people
productive and fun workplace
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  North York, ON1 June 2016
We operate different kind of packaging machine,i had learned a lot mechanical and operating skills.Management are great and generous.All my co-workers are friendly and nice people.the hardest part of the job is when they stop and go the bake same as start up.the most enjoyable part of my job is when i learned to work with different kind of people and treat them like my own family.
Pros
access in outlet store
Okay Job
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 May 2016
The job itself was not difficult and I enjoyed the work. Very simple job. Easy job for beginners, learned a lot. Very nice working environment, quick pace.
Very friendly atmosphere .
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2016
I learned a lot which I never knew .Perfect management . Very friendly and cooperative co-workers .The hardest part of the job is to work continuously in the mid-night shift .Having fun with the co-workers during break time .
Great workplace with friendly co workers
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 April 2016
The typical day would be watching machines for jam's, clearing the machines if they were jammed, cleaning the machines, mixing products, packaging products.

learned about food safety, proper lifting techniques, thorough cleaning.

Managers and co workers were all friendly and easy to work with.

the co workers and managers were the most enjoyable part of the job.
High paced distribution warehouse with great atmosphere
Distribution Warehouse associate mid (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON17 March 2016
A regular day at work I would multi task many different departments and job titles, drive forklift (up right ) ,power jack (walkie) , hands on order picking , house cleaning , staging and loading trailers to be sent out to customers daily . I learned a lot being with great co-workers in the shipping , receiving industry, management was always positive when needed .
keeping a high standard pace , being aware of health and safety was a big part of being with Mondelez .Getting to work in a safe manor and finishing off the day going home to family was the greatest part of the job .
Pros
Discounted employee pricing via company store
Cons
Long hours of operations
Great job but no job security & no union backup
Narrow isle reach truck operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON4 February 2016
The job itself was a job that I always wanted. I had a lot of knowledge in there but the management was always shorting people on their pay, shorting people on proper raises, as which happened to me. I found out later that I was making over a dollar less than workers that didn't have the seniority or the experience that I had and the union didn't do anything about it. How I could get an advancement, then find out that I'm making less money than others with no advancements or seniority is beyond me ?? The management was very unorganized and failed to meet the standards of Kraft foods, which lead to the separation of the two business and the laying off of roughly 25 people. It's a shame that a $35 billion per year company would try so hard to short pay their employees. Now you know where they get their money. The majority of the people there were great, minus 2 or 3 that had a chip on their shoulders and could ruin a person's day really fast. They also would favor the Portuguese workers over anybody else. While I was there, we never had a long weekend and were always pushed to work mandatory overtime on those weekends. They would tell us that we had to work on Saturday's, sometimes a half an hour before going home on a Friday evening, then make the afternoon shift workers come in for 8am, which ruined everybody's plans.
Pros
free lunches, lots of overtime
Cons
Poor payroll management, No union backup, unfair pay
Great people to work with
Reach truck (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON10 January 2016
What a great company 😒 worked 5 years for this company and worked my way up from a temp to a top payed reach truck driver, after 5 years of working my butt off for these people 22 of us were cut due to miss management 😠 would I ever work for them again I think not or at least while the management is still the same 😠
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Miss managed
Productive workplace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2015
At Mondelez its all about the product. We ensure we make only the safest and great tasting products. I enjoyed working here. The management was very easy-going.
Great Summer Job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2015
I have worked with Mondelez over the summer period a few times now and I have to say it was a great experience. The co workers were great, and the shifts went by pretty quickly.
Solid Company Financially
Recruitment Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal15 October 2015
I have enjoyed my time and experience here. I have learned a lot with regards to working remotely under a centralized matrix structure.
Good benefits. But no job security.
Credit Risk Analyst and Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga28 September 2015
I am really enjoyed work in company where you are all the time learning. No dress code. Good benefits. The hardest part is - No job security.
Pros
They are very strict in timing
Cons
No job security
productive
machine operator (Former Employee) –  toronto, ontario28 September 2015
The department that i was in was very productive and well organized, had fun working with my colleagues and my managers.
Pros
easy labour
Cons
Overall culture is good but very unstable
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 September 2015
Worst - got laid off in less than a year from employment

Best - company gave 6 months notice before the last day of employment
Pros
Summer hours
Cons
Lay offs due to restructuring and outsourcing
Good pay and Benefits
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 July 2015
Was a good place to work, good people to work with. Busy at most times. But unfortunately, layoffs came so that the company could save money by using third party employment.
Very Productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 June 2015
It was one of the best opportunities that I had to work with one of the biggest and very well known world wide company, even though for a short time, it was very valuable to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mondelez International. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval