Mondelez International

Mondelez International Employee Reviews

Fearless marketing culture. Strong leadership
NA Head Media and Content (Current Employee) –  200 Deforest Ave , NJ and 3300 Bloor Toronto4 November 2016
Top CPG food company. Strong culture and leadership.
Leading in marketing innovation. Encourage risk taking.
Culture now being impacted by ZBB and 3G pressure on bottom line. Raises and salary progression are a challenge
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Long hours and a lot of travel
Exciting but volatile work environment.
Regional Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  ON23 November 2016
Mondelez offers employees the opportunity to interact with great brands daily. Fun environment to work, creativity is encouraged and a very high entrepreneurial culture which has the a double edge effect of constant restructuring. Mondelez encourages employees to have a mobile mindset when it comes to their jobs i.e. seek out opportunities in other companies.
Pros
Great and world renowned brands, great learning environment, creativity is valued
Cons
Long hours, unstable work culture, constant restructuring
Worst placed I worked ever
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 September 2016
Friendly from the most packaging employee, but there are too many political game. Machine operators are mostly from one nation, they try to kick out all other minority, maintenance are from another nation and they kick out all other minority too. As a dual licensed mechanic, technically can handle everything about machine but hate this situation, you will be blamed if anything happen, any breakdown will put on you head even happened on next shift, the majority people will say you didn't fix it, or you were playing on it so that they have breakdown, and you have to work tripple times than senior maintenance otherwise you will be kicked out.
Big turn over in maintenance and management if you are not from their country.
Pros
Excellent pay and benifit
Cons
Intrigue, blamed other minority
productive and fun workplace
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  North York, ON1 June 2016
We operate different kind of packaging machine,i had learned a lot mechanical and operating skills.Management are great and generous.All my co-workers are friendly and nice people.the hardest part of the job is when they stop and go the bake same as start up.the most enjoyable part of my job is when i learned to work with different kind of people and treat them like my own family.
Pros
access in outlet store
Diversity environment
Machiene Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 October 2016
Its was a very short period but the best in my work 3 months in my work life. It was for a training as a part of my graduation in Conestoga college, Food processing tech. The diversity in people, machines and the products were adding a nice flavour to the time you spend there. I learned a lot and by the right way because I was working side by side to the people who spent their last 15 years working on those machines.
Pros
15 minutes, 30 minutes interval every other 4 hours resting time
Cons
Intercontinantal shifts for 12 hours
High paced distribution warehouse with great atmosphere
Distribution Warehouse associate mid (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON17 March 2016
A regular day at work I would multi task many different departments and job titles, drive forklift (up right ) ,power jack (walkie) , hands on order picking , house cleaning , staging and loading trailers to be sent out to customers daily . I learned a lot being with great co-workers in the shipping , receiving industry, management was always positive when needed .
keeping a high standard pace , being aware of health and safety was a big part of being with Mondelez .Getting to work in a safe manor and finishing off the day going home to family was the greatest part of the job .
Pros
Discounted employee pricing via company store
Cons
Long hours of operations
Productive and fast-paced workplace
Packager (Current Employee) –  East York, ON1 June 2016
-co-workers were rude and childish
- work for the most part was difficult but created skills
- i learned more adaptability and endurance
-lack of communication and availability between management and workers
Pros
Long hours, several hours a week, flexible
Cons
Long hours, difficult work, rude people
Great
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
Lead appropriate testing, gathered, analyzed process data to improve product quality and reduce costs through line throughput. Worked synergistically with Plant Management, Line Operators, Vendors & Contractors, to develop best solutions to address production challenges, reduce waste and enhance profitability.
Challenging work but great benefits
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2016
Mondelez can sometimes be a difficult place to work but they do compensate well and have good benefits plans and room to advance if you're willing to put the work in
production line
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 November 2016
A typical day at work consisted of 12 hour shifts.
This included loading and unloading candy onto an assembly line. There were many variants to this task, however all basically consisted of loading and unloading candy
Pros
independance
Cons
very long hours
Great job but no job security & no union backup
Narrow isle reach truck operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON4 February 2016
The job itself was a job that I always wanted. I had a lot of knowledge in there but the management was always shorting people on their pay, shorting people on proper raises, as which happened to me. I found out later that I was making over a dollar less than workers that didn't have the seniority or the experience that I had and the union didn't do anything about it. How I could get an advancement, then find out that I'm making less money than others with no advancements or seniority is beyond me ?? The management was very unorganized and failed to meet the standards of Kraft foods, which lead to the separation of the two business and the laying off of roughly 25 people. It's a shame that a $35 billion per year company would try so hard to short pay their employees. Now you know where they get their money. The majority of the people there were great, minus 2 or 3 that had a chip on their shoulders and could ruin a person's day really fast. They also would favor the Portuguese workers over anybody else. While I was there, we never had a long weekend and were always pushed to work mandatory overtime on those weekends. They would tell us that we had to work on Saturday's, sometimes a half an hour before going home on a Friday evening, then make the afternoon shift workers come in for 8am, which ruined everybody's plans.
Pros
free lunches, lots of overtime
Cons
Poor payroll management, No union backup, unfair pay
Very friendly atmosphere .
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 May 2016
I learned a lot which I never knew .Perfect management . Very friendly and cooperative co-workers .The hardest part of the job is to work continuously in the mid-night shift .Having fun with the co-workers during break time .
Good place to work, given the opportunity to build my knowledge in production and various buisness areas.
LEVEL 3 Machine OPERATOR - TRAINER - QC INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 June 2016
I was given the opportunity to increase my knowledge in production, machine operations, training, safety, continuous improvement and quality control. I created SOP manuals and trained new employees on machinery. Updated MSDS binders, facilitated and implemented safety training to employees. The hardest part was the change to continental shifts, but I have made many friends over the years there.
very independant environment
Field Sales Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary14 September 2016
Very knowledgeable coworkers, who are willing to help new comers succeed. Enjoy building relationships with the customers to better improve the store and sales.
We have to be fast at this kind of job.
Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 November 2016
It is a really hard job. We have to so fast for packaging because as we know machines never wait for us. However love to work with staff of 80-90 at a time with a friendly staff.
Great manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS16 November 2016
Great company juat keep changing their ways of doing things so then loose job with them but great products and great manager works well with you and learn a lot
Pros
Car is provided
Cons
Stress and sales numbers
Great workplace with friendly co workers
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 April 2016
The typical day would be watching machines for jam's, clearing the machines if they were jammed, cleaning the machines, mixing products, packaging products.

learned about food safety, proper lifting techniques, thorough cleaning.

Managers and co workers were all friendly and easy to work with.

the co workers and managers were the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great people to work with
Reach truck (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON10 January 2016
What a great company 😒 worked 5 years for this company and worked my way up from a temp to a top payed reach truck driver, after 5 years of working my butt off for these people 22 of us were cut due to miss management 😠 would I ever work for them again I think not or at least while the management is still the same 😠
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Miss managed
Okay Job
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 May 2016
The job itself was not difficult and I enjoyed the work. Very simple job. Easy job for beginners, learned a lot. Very nice working environment, quick pace.
Good benefits. But no job security.
Credit Risk Analyst and Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga28 September 2015
I am really enjoyed work in company where you are all the time learning. No dress code. Good benefits. The hardest part is - No job security.
Pros
They are very strict in timing
Cons
No job security