Mondelez International

Mondelez International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work.
Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2014
Pros: you get a lot of chocolates
Cons: insecurity with job
The place is free, no dress code in particular. There's a Tennis Table but if you go an play there, lot of people don't like and think you are not productive enough.
A high demand place to work
Company Store Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Very high demand, but with excellent salary and benefits. The culture of the business has changed greatly and is no longer a fun place to work.
Scrabble
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee and cookies
Cons: cancellation of production line unexpectedly.
I learned to pack cookies and learned to operate machine as per assigned by the company. I learned how to manage and devote my time for work and family. I learned different attitude to my co-workers as far as work is concerned.

The hardest part of the job that I encountered is when the line is mess up.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything – more... is orderly and properly done after the work shift. – less
good pay
Service Helper (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 15, 2013
Pros: overtime hours
Cons: threat of lay offs
A typical day at work was long but the daily pay was great. I learned many things. Working wit machinery, how control stations work, WHIMIS, and other types of chemicals. People were great to work with and everyone worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was the irregular shifts and threat of lay offs and most enjoyable part of the job were the – more... people I worked with. – less
Co-Worker is very courteous
Line Worker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: i can buy the product cheaper
Cons: long hours
It's a 12 hours job, start at 7:00 am, i work in a line, i learned how to work fast and efficient because it is a food packaging production, the management is great giving us opportunity to buy some products in a cheaper amount, Co-workers is very supportive giving us a hand if we experiencing difficulties in work, the hardest part of the job is when – more... the line is cut you have to move faster to avoid congestion to the line. – less
Beating the Best on production floor and enjoying a good cup of coffee during breaks
Machine technician (Former Employee), Toronto,ONMarch 10, 2013
Working for Mondelez International I was a part of a team, cooperating with other workers to produce high quality product.
Under the direction of the Line Supervisor and the production Lead Hand I was operating high level equipment that assists in the process of packing cookies into containers and completed necessary paperwork. Kept the line clean and – more... tidy, ensuring it is running smoothly. I always felt as an important team member because the managers and supervisors appreciated the afford I put into doing my job.The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the production number of my line growing and the amount of waste reducing. All of us were doing our best to make that happen. During the breaks the workers were able to enjoy outside golf court. Free cofee was provided daily. I'm very happy I got a chance to work for this great company. – less
It was a great place to start my career
Customer Insights Specialist- Sam's Business Team (Current Employee), Rogers, ARSeptember 15, 2014
I started with this company right out of college and have been blessed with great opportunities and quick advancement. I have learned a lot in my various roles, all which have given me a well rounded background in sales and the CPG industry.
Demanding job but has great rewards
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: bonuses/comission
Cons: healthcare, advacement, management
A typical day at work starts on your territory which is usually composed of 12-16 grocery stores (ie. Wal-Mart, Harris Teeter, Food Lion, BI-LO, Lowes Foods, Target, etc). In these accounts you will write orders, merchandise Nabisco products and of course sell Nabisco product to store managers. Overall good place to work, fast-paced, high reward environment.
Overall good place to work until major budget cuts
Manager (Former Employee), TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great products
Cons: many budget cuts lead to increased workload for everyone
Major budget cuts in the last 2 years resulted in less administrators, less managers, less drivers and less merchandising hours. Sales objectives are unattainable and reps can't work over 42 hours but they are still expected to provide the same world class service and meet objectives. The company is often short or out of class A items making it even – more... more difficult to meet objectives. The hiring process is very long, making it difficult to stay fully staffed due to high part time employee turnover. Managers end up working very long hours including days off and vacations. – less
Nabisco Product
Packing Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2014
Process and package all Nabisco product
great place to work with amazing benefits
Fair Lawn Pilot Plant Research and Development Technician
Senior Technician (Current Employee), Research and Development Fair Lawn Pilot Plant NJAugust 19, 2014
Pros: practically impossible to be terminated from this place, if that's the kind of place you are looking for
Cons: horrible benefits, no teamwork, no advancement, promised early out fridays but not for this facility, horrible management
Coming to work for this company was a huge mistake. There is no room for advancement. The benefits are horrible. There are people who have been working in this facility for 20+ years whom are not as qualified as I am and have horrible work ethics that make much more money than I do. There is absolutely no teamwork or advancement opportunities here.
Terrible Management
Merchandiser/ Part Time (Current Employee), ArkansasAugust 16, 2014
Cons: bad management, clueless sales reps
Sales Reps don't have any idea what there doing, No local
management, as ours was in Tulsa, over 120 miles away.
Merchandiser Managers, constantly looking for things to
complain about," You work will never be good enough
for them!" And if there is a problem within a store,, upper
management always takes the sales reps side no matter if
there right or – more... wrong, overall the worst job I have ever had,
and for a part time job, way to stressful ! Do yourself a favor
and not ever apply for this company! – less
Burnout is unavoidable !
Merchandiser part-time (Former Employee), San Gabriel Valley, CaliforniaAugust 14, 2014
Pros: independence to work in the style that bests suits you.
Cons: work load is too much for one merchandiser !
Depending on what territory, sales representative and supervisor you work for it can be great or awful.

A typical work day depends on the intelligence of your sales rep and their scheduling. If you have a great one who knows how to write excellent orders and schedules accordingly, life for you will be easy. If you have a horrible sales rep, the one – more... that can't write a good order which in turn can't schedule appropriately for the bad order he/she wrote, your day will be very long and may require over time to finish.

The hardest part of the job is the pressure to stock a store as quickly as possible. The goal is 50 cases an hour. However, realistically it's more like 35 to 45 cases an hour, including rotating and "facing" the product. The average grocery order a merchandiser will stock is 40 to 80 cases alone. If you are lucky, you will be paired up w/ another merchandiser to stock the larger stores like Wal-Mart which an order can be in the couple of hundred cases of cookies and crackers. Again, it depends on the intelligence of your sales rep to order what the store actually needs and sells.

Best advice is to get to know the key employees in each grocery store you work in. The receivers and department heads I find know more than the store managers and are easy to find at all times. Check in and out of every store with the store manager if you can, if you can't find them check in and out with the store receiver-always. It will protect you against a sales rep or fellow merchandiser that may try to take credit for your work or accuse of not working- keep strong detailed notes and pics of your hard work- You may have your work questioned by a sales rep or supervisor or fellow merchandiser for what ever reason-be ready to provide this information at all times !

The best part of your day will be the drive home ! It's probably the only time you will have a chance to sit and relax. Even better, if a load is canceled by the receiver, it rarely happens, but when it does you will have a shorter work day.

Good luck to you ! – less
Horrible place to work
Generalist/Manufacturing Specialist (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILAugust 13, 2014
Very physical with long hours. Hated it and the people sucked. Not a team environment at all.
Great work place, Friendly co-workers, different culture
Sales Representative (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJAugust 5, 2014
Pros: meeting different cultures, working together with your co-workers to help and learn how to grow a business.
Cons: benefits aren't the best.
Visit customers, fix section in the stores, go over sale items, present sale items to customers. Try to meet your objective and help grow the business. Introduce customers to new items, ways to grow their business.
Nice place to work
Supply Chain - Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Jebel Ali, DubaiAugust 5, 2014
Pros: flexi timing
Cons: working on weekends if required
Attending to all Distributor's issues (orders, shipment, documentation, invoicing, clearance, claims, etc.) is a typical day at work.
Company has provided challenging roles.
Friendly & approachable Top Management
Co-workers are professionals.
Busy environment.
Working with my CS Team feels like I'm at home. No discrimination in my Team.
Used to be great...
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: office has decent technology, benefits are above average
Cons: employee morale, constant change just for change, high turnover
The company used to be a fantastic place to work, but has been on a steady decline since the company split into KFG and MDLZ. Turnover is high, morale is low, and people are lost in the shuffle. There seems to be as many contractors roaming the floors as there are full time employees, and the knowledge transfer has been horrible with transitions of – more... employees.

The people are generally fun to be around, but have been burdened with the heavy workload lately.

Management is not consistent group to group with benefits such as work from home, etc.

Continually hunting margins, leading to decline of perks, as well as many layoffs and outsourcing of some key areas. – less
Fast pace, highly productive, and no non sense work environment
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2014
In this plant you must be able to handle pressure. As a supervisor there are many difficult situations that will arise everyday. The name of the game is do not waste product, keep everyone safe, and make sure the line never stops. I have learned to stay calm when others do not see the light at the end of the tunnel. Keeping upper management up to date – more... on every situation is key. The good managers here will listen to the supervisors and get the resources they need so the line will run more proficient. Everyone here must be an expert at there job. We have to many moving parts to have anyone slip up. Getting everyone trained and on the same page is key. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing good product leave the building for the consumer. This means there is a demand for our product and our jobs are safe. – less
Nabisco merchandiser FAQ
merchandiser (Former Employee), CaliforniaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: if you need afternoons\nights free
Cons: you are a stocker
Your work day starts between 5-7 am., ends by 1-2 pm, most of the time. starting pay is $14 hr, higher than most others. A district can easily earn over $1 million a month, but not you. As a merchandiser, you are just a shelf stocker for various grocery stores, restocking product. Just about all your movements\travel\time, is recorded by their tracking – more... system and cell phone. You need to handle at least 35 cases an hour to stay out of trouble, many loads you get will have between 70-120 cases, if you take longer, you are questioned. You have to work fast to move product to aisles, unpack cases, stock shelves, set up displays, take down displays and there is no room for being unfriendly or rude to store personnel. There are only a few FT positions in each district, most are PT averaging 10-25 hrs. It can be a hectic job because the manager will only give you so many hours to do a store before moving onto the next one. Most have a route of 2-5 stores. As a team member, you are very expendable as an employee. – less
Great place to work in Management
Production Planner / Warehouse Supervisor / (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: travel
The benefits, workload, and fellow managers were the benefits of working for this company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mondelez International

Mondelēz International, Inc. is an American multinational confectionery, food and beverage conglomerate, employing around – Read more

Mondelez International Photos