Toronto’s newest and most innovative sports facility is Monarch Park Stadium. This $5 million+ stadium is conveniently located in Toronto’s east end one block south of Coxwell subway station on the Bloor/Danforth Line. The stadium is located directly behind Monarch Park Collegiate. MPS offers users a state-of-the-art athletic facility that provides the “best of the best” including: an artificial turf field by Field Turf, a Beynon BSS1000 running track surface, Musco Sports Lights and a Farley Group winter dome. Monarch Park Stadium also includes a brand new 5,500 sq. ft. clubhouse with contemporary amenities including: full service washrooms, change rooms, showers and lockers.
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, or other appropriate administrative staff, the Facility Supervisor is responsible for assisting in performing and overseeing the day-to-day operation of the facility; ensuring the facility runs smoothly and efficiently; and providing quality customer service. Characteristic duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Project Management: develop/plan, implement, manage and lead initiatives as required; keep projects on time; work under tight deadlines; manage competing and equally important tasks/initiatives; navigate changing circumstances professionally and calmly.
- Bookkeeping/basic accounting – manage budgets and sales targets, as required; regularly report to upper management regarding financials; organize/monitor cash in/outs, deposits, tracking/analyzing sales data, etc.
- Human resources – assist in managing part-time facility staff, as required, including scheduling, performance monitoring, staff communications, etc.
- Inventory control – oversee tracking and monitoring of inventory, implement control measures and efficiency systems, etc.
- Issues management – act as first contact for customer/stakeholder issues, as required; resolve issues effectively and professionally; regularly report to upper management regarding resolved and ongoing issues; ensure appropriate follow-up to completely resolve issues; propose operational changes for systemic issues to upper management and implement, as required.
- Reception – greeting customers; answering phone; fielding questions from customers; monitoring track and field use to ensure general rules are followed.
- Sales – processing cash, debit and credit sales of track passes and beverages.
- General maintenance and cleaning – emptying garbage cans; removing garbage from track and field; vacuuming reception area and track; assisting with snow removal as required; general cleaning of reception area and clubhouse, including washrooms/changerooms.
- Administrative – signing in and out at every shift; completing open/close checklist at end of every shift; other tasks as requested by other staff members such as the Maintenance Supervisor and Marketing Coordinator.
- Professional, respectful manner and appearance. Ability to meet and deal tactfully and courteously with fellow employees, vendors and contractors.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills. An understanding of how and when to resolve issues and keep upper management in the loop.
- Three to five years of experience in the same or similar field;
- College/university degree;
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team;
- Ability to multi-task various competing and equally important tasks/initiatives;
- Business/financial experience;
- Human resources experience an asset, but not mandatory;
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to work evenings and weekends;
- Experience dealing with the public;
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions;
- General computer and numeracy skills;
- Ability to perform various clean up and maintenance tasks as needed;
- Perform physical labour, such as moving furniture and equipment, lifting, etc.
Compensation: $28,000 - $38,000 based on experience and performance