A Residential Design/Build firm in Waterloo is looking for an Interior Designer to join our team. The individual will be involved in all aspects of the design process including: initial consultation, preparing client meetings, leading the design aspects of projects, space planning, assist, collaborate and initiate ideas with the rest of the team.
- Completion of either a three or four year College and/or University program in Interior Design
- Greater consideration will be given to those applicants with post-graduate design experience.
- Ability to instill confidence with clients and sub-contractors
- Ability to sell ideas and concepts
- Design development including finishes and material selections, rendering, prepare concepts
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is a must; SketchUp, graphic design competency in sketch and freehand is an asset
- Must be highly effective in interpersonal and written communication, along with strong customer service skills
- Must be willing to take initiative, productive, flexible and team-oriented
- Some retail furniture experience is an asset
Sample Portfolio: required - access to online portfolio is ideal
Salary Expectations: dependant upon experience. Please include salary expectations with your cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those chosen for further review will be contacted.