Momentum

Momentum Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Big national company
Training and Development Facilitator (Former Employee), PretoriaJune 25, 2013
Training and development of existing, new staff and managers
Performance improvement coaching and mentoring sessions with agents
Designing and development of training programmes and training material, with a specific focus on Employee Benefits.
Assessing learning interventions
Analyzing performance requirements, such as gap analysis and intervention – more... proposals.
Administrating training services such as reports and schedules.
Record data and give feedback to departmental Senior Managers.
Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders

Delivery of proposals for training
Develop induction programmes
Learning assessments – design
Delivery of training focused on interpersonal – less
good workig environment
quality assure (Former Employee), centurionMay 13, 2013
Pros: team buildings
Cons: working long hours to reach the target torwards month end.
working with different people on a daily base was challenging however enjoyable.I have learned to be a good leader and manage to work with different individuals. My co-workers were supportive and we had fun working together, the hardest part of the job was to make an agent who has not been performing to reach target.

The most enjoyable part as when – more... an agent achieve their goal with all my assistance and they come and thank you for a job well done. – less
Great culture
Service Manager (Former Employee), CenturionMay 3, 2013
Pros: the building and culture
Cons: long hours and lack of balance
Momentum is a great company to work for. The call centre is a stressful environment but the best place to get to know yourself and to grow and mature. The culture and people are amazing. People who work together become like family and the teamwork there is just electrifying. The one thing of the environment that is not good is the lack of balance. Everyone – more... is so committed that balance becomes something that does not exist. The most enjoyable part is the vibe and energy in the people. The company is innovative, vibrant and young. – less
Sales Executive (Former Employee), CenturionApril 23, 2013
Pros: normal working days
Cons: commission
I learnt a lot, I enjoyed selling and making money.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
productive workplace
Internal Service Consultant and Personal Assistant (Current Employee), Cape Town Western CapeApril 9, 2013
Momentum is the leading Healtcare solution in South Africa. Our typical day is to see walk-in members with queries and handle all telephonic- and e-mail queries. Also to ensure the office is running smoothly and to give that excellence service. We working as a team and diversity is one of our values.
Challenging and beneficial work experience
Quality Assuror (Current Employee), CenturionFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: great office
Cons: remuneration structure is inconsistent
A typical day involves queries received from brokers and provident and pension fund members on their investment returns and benefit scope. I have learned a lot about the pension and/or provident fund legislative structure as well as it's impact on clients. Employee benefits is quite a diverse industry. My co-workers are the greatest part of my job. – more... The interactions with them is mostly joyous regardless of the nature and challenges of our jobs. The most challenging aspect of my job is handling the misconceptions that clients have about their benefits and handling their expectations with care and a sense of empathy. Hence one needs to educate your clients to leave them satisfied and to build a rapport. – less
PRODUCTION VERY IMPORTANT
REGIONAL SERCRETRAY / PA (Current Employee), TYGERVALLEYJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: good gifts
Cons: long hours
EVERYDAY IS DIFFERENT, NEW CHALLENGES WITH SYSTEMS OR PEOPLE
Focused, Responsible and fun a bit
Administrator (Current Employee), Centurion, GautengJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: yes am flexible
I have a learned a lot about customer service and team work.
I like working for Momentum but for me to grow i have to change carree.
An almost con
Marketing (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2013
If you are looking for a job that has any security, gives you any benefits, or makes you feel like you are getting rightfully paid then this isn't the place. I met some amazing people through this job, and it really helped in honing in on some skills, but altogether it isn't somewhere you want to work.
Training and development of staff
Service Administrator (Current Employee), CenturionDecember 19, 2012
Processing of transfer documents (section 14 and section 37 transfer), assessing death claims, attending to queries.
pleasant
leasing administrator (Current Employee), Cape Town , Western CapeNovember 19, 2012
Pros: clinic, lunces, subsidised meals at the canteen, cheap rates on policies
very friendly, relaxed mutli cultural place, pleasant to be around my co workers we a big happy team
The management is okay
Hardest part of my job - not to get things done beacuse of relaying on the information generated by someone else
Enjoyable part - dealing with different people every day, helping the clients, negatioating the deals and seeing it – more... through – less
easy going company
carer (Current Employee), FochabersNovember 16, 2012
Pros: good circle of employees
Cons: split shifts
working around peoples homes providing care to the elderly and physically disabled, i have learned different aspects of backgrounds which has opened my eyes to what life has and can offer in the future. the management are good at their work and will try to accomodate any needs that the staff need, they are there to listen to any worries and troubles – more... that we have, we have a good circle of workers that help each other out if they are needed. the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am helping people who need the help that I am there to do. – less
Environment full of fun challenges
Technician (Former Employee), Newbury Park, CANovember 8, 2012
Pros: it was a constant learning experience full of challenges.
Cons: recent lay off.
Working for the company was a joy because I was learning something new everyday. I enjoy a work place where I can expand my knowledge in the tech world.
productive
Merchandiser (Former Employee), LondonOctober 24, 2012
Pros: teamwork
Cons: i didint find anything wrong with this job
I worked in the Sainburys filling up shelves.I worked off a planogram and had to arrange the product as noted on the planogram.They was plenty of more experienced co-workers and that made it easier for me to get help when i was stuck.I didnt find anything hard about this job at all.
Fun workplace and it's a diverse culture
Administration service consultant (Current Employee), Johanessburg/CenturionOctober 2, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: employee development
I love working for Momentum. The department was a great starter for a working career path. You learn to be tough/build confidence in talking to people you don't know and as an introvert person it was a great advancement. The hardest part was the salary as it was commission based (no gaurantee) The opportunity that you have long-term is awesome. All – more... of the employees are fun, high-energy competitors and they bring the best out of you. We work as a team and also give back to the community. Yes the were some negative employees who take no responsibility for their actions and are usually employees that fall below company standards. They are usually involved in unethical activities on the job that are non-productive. – less
Productive workplace
Client Liason (Former Employee), Pretoria,CenturionSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: people within the company
Cons: job too repetitive and long ours
Capturing of new business cases
Collecting of funds
Handling client and broker queries
Account verifications
Providing quotes on investments chosen to clients and brokers
Acquiring of requirements needed to load and accept cases
Death claims
Releasing overdue payments to cients
Recollections of overpayments to beneficiaries
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2012
Pros: summer fridays
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
Fun environment, pet friendly, great benefits! Compensation excellent!
Financial Advisor
Financial Planner (Current Employee), CenturionJuly 24, 2012
Pros: incentives
Cons: limitted growth
I am an experienced financial advisor looking for the same in a reputed organization where I can use my skills and capabilities to the best of service in the financial field. I have excellent communication and verbal skills. Apart from that, I have analytical skills to advise the people about the financial services in a better way.
Productive and fun working environment
PA (Diary Co ordinator) (Current Employee), Centurion, GautengJune 27, 2012
Pros: free snacks
Cons: (in my department) no overtime
Momentum has a very relaxed working environment and I have learnt that the goal here is to be up to date with your work and make sure that the clients and brokers are provided with an excellent serive. Also a good relation between colleagues is very important as team work, which is one of the Momentum Values, is of utmost importance here Momentum. Management – more... is always willing to hear our suggetions and opinions regarding working towards reach our goals efficiently and the co workers are like family as we spend most of the time together and the team works is excellent. We try to create activities so we can keep communication lines open. The hardest part of my job is handling difficult clients and Brokers and trying to satisfy everybody all the time, which is not always possible. And the most enjoyable part is being able to successfully assist clients and brokers leaving everybody satisfied with services and also that I get to interact with a lot of people. – less
Momentum is a fun environment to work in
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), CenturionJune 25, 2012
Pros: events as you learn so much
Cons: time constraints can become draining
Awesome company to work for. Typical day requires me to plan, review tracking of projects. Meetings for updates and strat sessions. Meeting with relevant team to touch base on project completion or information session.

I learn every day from superiors and team members. I have an awesome team and I love seeing a simple idea unwrapped to be something – more... remarkable.

Ingrid – less