Momentum Employee Reviews

Fun workplace and it's a diverse culture
Administration service consultant (Current Employee) –  Johanessburg/CenturionOctober 2, 2012
I love working for Momentum. The department was a great starter for a working career path. You learn to be tough/build confidence in talking to people you don't know and as an introvert person it was a great advancement. The hardest part was the salary as it was commission based (no gaurantee) The opportunity that you have long-term is awesome. All of the employees are fun, high-energy competitors and they bring the best out of you. We work as a team and also give back to the community. Yes the were some negative employees who take no responsibility for their actions and are usually employees that fall below company standards. They are usually involved in unethical activities on the job that are non-productive.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
employee development
the environment
DESKTOP SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Centurion, GPJanuary 12, 2016
The work place is great good vibe, open plan office, easy access to senior managers. family based. its been great 4yrs just feel stuck and not growing to the full potential of my abilities
Pros
na
Cons
lack of personal development
Productive, stressfull
Senior Underwriting Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WCOctober 15, 2013
Constantly shifting between tasks and extremely busy;
I have learnt that every minute counts and to make the most of it; to tackle something head-on that scares you and not make too much of it;
Our managers are drivers, who expect results, but sometime too soon. Certain things requires time to work through before you can see results;
My co-workers are like a family, fun, but equally hard-working;
The hardest part of my job is trying to juggle what I am required to do and what my manager requires of me to do; Achieving your goals especially those that you set out to achieve for the day/week; also seeing a member successfully underwritten.
Pros
brilliant medical aid, work hard and play hard
Cons
constantly shifting strategy and not always sure of job security, change is good but not if its constant interfering with job security
Productive, highly skilled colleagues
Network Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Centurion, GPFebruary 28, 2014
A typical day started with an operations meeting with other teams, then my teams meeting to distribute work, review service requests and project plans.

I learnt how to analyse effectively, strategic and operations management. Communicate effectively with business units.

Management communicated effectively and clearly, there were identifiable goals. The business needs were shared, also the organisation's visions & way forward.

Co-workers were pleasant, highly skilled

Slow delivery from service providers.

Working with the people I worked with
Pros
working with skilled people, little or no training required apart from advancement.
Production and fun work place.
Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOOctober 21, 2014
The company is large and you have the chance to learn a lot of various duties. Never a dull day - always something new and exciting to look forward to doing. The company offers great benefits.
I handled a lot of special projects and by doing so learned a lot. it helped me develop research skills. I enjoyed working on problems and finding solutions = better ways to handle situations.
Pros
a more relaxed atmosphere than most businesses.
Cons
the corporate culture does focus on money more than employees
Great culture
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  CenturionMay 3, 2013
Momentum is a great company to work for. The call centre is a stressful environment but the best place to get to know yourself and to grow and mature. The culture and people are amazing. People who work together become like family and the teamwork there is just electrifying. The one thing of the environment that is not good is the lack of balance. Everyone is so committed that balance becomes something that does not exist. The most enjoyable part is the vibe and energy in the people. The company is innovative, vibrant and young.
Pros
the building and culture
Cons
long hours and lack of balance
productive and fun
sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GPOctober 22, 2015
calls,clients,queries and sales

there are lots of activity during the entire day it is never silent. You have to deal with all sorts of clients as well as answer their questions and deliver excellent services to them as part of treating our clients fairly.
every call can be audited so we must be professional at all times.
my colleagues are corporative and I work well with them.
dealing with difficult clients and remaining calm.
when you are complimented for good service.
Pros
Good campaigns
Cons
bad leads/ poor quality of leads
Productive and fun enviroment
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  GPOctober 30, 2013
A very good work environment.
A typical day at work would be by starting off by greeting everyone then chatting a bit then get on with the days work, whilst having breakfast. Staff have a mixture of personalities, some are friendly others not. The hardest part of the job was to meet deadlines, we worked around the clock and had to be 100% correct at the same time. The most enjoyable part is when we had staff team buildings or year end socials or functions.
Pros
great benefits, medical aid, pension, bonuses
Cons
long hours, deadlines
Supportive and Educational Environment
Actuarial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centurion, GautengNovember 23, 2015
A company with an inclusive environment. Colleagues are approachable and friendly. Big company, so not everyone gets along or really knows one another, but respect is still key in the company's workplace environment.
Excellent job
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  allover the countryMay 9, 2012
my only problem with this work was it was not permanent and they could call you to work in Exeter tomorrrow !. The work was satisfying as you started a task and completed it, whether alone or in a team.
Mostly i worked away and this entailed staying in hotels, as we mostly worked through the night to merchandise stores.
We had a team leader and that was as far as management went. We were trusted to fulfil the jobs to specification.
I particularly enjoyed the fact that we worked in all sorts of stores.
Pros
free accommodation
Cons
Great job with good benefits
Shop refurbisher (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, ENGDecember 10, 2014
I traveled all over the country doing shop refurbishment. I learned how to install different shop units and using different tools. The management were very good and supportive as were all the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the long hours depending on where we had to travel but I did not mind this as I enjoyed the job so much.
Pros
enjoyable work well paid
Cons
temporary contract only
No review to report
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CADecember 14, 2015
Open or closed department, greeted customers, marketing, routed calls to appropriate departments, managed cash register, balanced daily register.
Pros
free lunches on Saturdays
Cons
disorganized office
Challenges and Expiriences
Financial Wellness Advser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GPOctober 19, 2015
Overcoming challenges, as an adviser was always stressful but at the same time fun because after solving or overcoming the challenge one was able to learn from that challenge and laugh how things turned out to be.
Experiencing being a financial adviser was always good interacting with people helping them with their financial needs and adding value to their lives.
Modern Offices
Project & Design Manager (Current Employee) –  DubaiJuly 30, 2015
Momentum is one of the greatest company I have ever worked in. The offices are amazing. The stuff are intelligent. The management have the vision of future development
Unthankful management
Personal Assistant to CEO (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GPDecember 5, 2013
Yes the insurance business is one of the toughest to get used to, but I believe we are all doing our best to get the job done. There is just this unnerving culture of management not recognising hard work and extra miles, that it seems you are waisting your time. My time at Momentum has been nothing else but hard work and I would have loved for my work to be recognised and compensated accordingly at the end of the day.
You can earn high but at a cost.
Serice Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GPMarch 6, 2015
We reconcile contributions made by the company on behalf of their employees benefits such as Group Life, disability or funeral benefits. Employees benefits what it means to have a death benefit when and how to claim and the exclusions on the policy. My manager is great in fact she is supporting us a lot and advises us to study further and my colleagues are great good team members. To work on P4P is the toughest thing on my job because by month I'm finished. The most enjoyable part are the outings.
Pros
you sign your own cheque at the end of the month.
Cons
by the end of the month you are exhausted.
Great culture and informal environment
IT Technical Procurement Officer and Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, South AfricaJune 25, 2015
Momenbtum has a great transparent culture and operated a professional yet informal business. A great place to build relationships ad be part of a greater organization where you can gain experience by interacting with staff at all levels.
Educative and warm interactive environment
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  JohannesburgFebruary 25, 2015
Our mornings begin with +/-1 hour meetinngs reflecting on yesterdays perforrmance, plans to improve from negative past actions and plans for the day.The meetings also inculde feedbacks and discussions on tips and lessons other members can use when faced with similar situations and issues.
I have learnt the importance of always meeting knew peolpe, getting to know clients before even offering them any solutions by listening first and then replying. Teams are very important to lift each other up, brainstorming to solve issues and for synergy.
Our management is made up of supportive and open individuals that respect us and want the best for us even going as far as joining us on appointments and asssisting with presentations.
A diverse group of colleagues in terms of language, cultures, ideas, dreams and personalities. But we all had a common interst of improving peoples financial states and equiping them with knowledge and tools to handle all kinds of everyday obstacles.
Hardest part of the job was overcoming the negative perception of insurance advisers and declining of claims by insurers for some claims.
Enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new people daily, listening to peoples different experiences and dreams and opinions.
Pros
advanced technology equipment to carry out duties. face-to-face interaction with clients
Cons
clients negative perceptions based on past experiences
Great Company to work for
Cash Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GPMay 21, 2015
Excellent values and culture at Momentum. Friendly colleagues, great canteen food and added extras like zumba and aerobics classes held everyday as we as pilates classes. Employee's are always well informed about everything affecting the company. Lots of parking space daily and good security.
Fun and productive
Owner/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCDecember 17, 2014
A typical day at work was caring for the kids. Making sure they did their work. I learned that a child education is very important. Through this camp there were kids who really needed the extra help that this camp provided. Management was very well organized. My co-workers was great to work with. We was a great team making sure every thing was in place. There wasn't a hard place in the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I would teach a child something and the moment they got it their faces lite up with joy because they had someone there to teach them how to do different things in the work.
Pros
kids learning throughout the summer
Cons
short breaks