Momentum Employee Reviews

productive and fun
sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GPOctober 22, 2015
calls,clients,queries and sales

there are lots of activity during the entire day it is never silent. You have to deal with all sorts of clients as well as answer their questions and deliver excellent services to them as part of treating our clients fairly.
every call can be audited so we must be professional at all times.
my colleagues are corporative and I work well with them.
dealing with difficult clients and remaining calm.
when you are complimented for good service.
Pros
Good campaigns
Cons
bad leads/ poor quality of leads
Technical Support
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GASeptember 30, 2014
This company does have some advantages, because they are small company. However, like all call center it is not a family oriented environment. The hardest part of the job is the customer's being frustrated and screaming at you all the time. However, the best part of the job is the people that you will work with! They are some of the greatest people!
Pros
benefits, co-workers, and oppurtunites for free stuff
Cons
stress level, life/work balance, and shift bids
challenging and fun workplace
Sales Assc (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CANovember 23, 2015
Awesome challenging fun work place with great competitive fun co-workers that support each other. had a lot of customers and clients which was good for business and fun being able to talk with so many people
Pros
competitiveness, negotiating
Cons
one day off per week
Momentum is overall a good employer
Various roles (Current Employee) –  Centurion, GautengNovember 2, 2015
Momentum is great company with a great culture. They also have great work ethics. The two areas I believe they are lagging behind on are transformation and they also have a poor remuneration policy.
Pros
Poor transformation and poor remuneration policies.
Cons
Great culture and great people to work with. Strong team spirit.
good working environment and culture
Quality Assuror (Current Employee) –  CenturionJuly 13, 2015
CAREER OBJECTIVE
• To be an outstanding performer on a sustained basis on assigned tasks.
• To exceed the requirements set for tasks.
• To achieve all additional stretching objectives and targets set.
• To contribute on an exceptional level to the company’s overall
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
working long hours at times
Supportive and Educational Environment
Actuarial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centurion, GautengNovember 23, 2015
A company with an inclusive environment. Colleagues are approachable and friendly. Big company, so not everyone gets along or really knows one another, but respect is still key in the company's workplace environment.
Challenges and Expiriences
Financial Wellness Advser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GPOctober 19, 2015
Overcoming challenges, as an adviser was always stressful but at the same time fun because after solving or overcoming the challenge one was able to learn from that challenge and laugh how things turned out to be.
Experiencing being a financial adviser was always good interacting with people helping them with their financial needs and adding value to their lives.
No review to report
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CADecember 14, 2015
Open or closed department, greeted customers, marketing, routed calls to appropriate departments, managed cash register, balanced daily register.
Pros
free lunches on Saturdays
Cons
disorganized office
Company Sold
WAREHOUSE LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed this position because of t he diversity.

Worked with vendors nationwide providing
Assisted Event managers by ensuring merchandise was each location for set up and break down

This company sold and closed its doors.
An almost con
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 7, 2013
If you are looking for a job that has any security, gives you any benefits, or makes you feel like you are getting rightfully paid then this isn't the place. I met some amazing people through this job, and it really helped in honing in on some skills, but altogether it isn't somewhere you want to work.
Productive, stressfull
Senior Underwriting Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WCOctober 15, 2013
Constantly shifting between tasks and extremely busy;
I have learnt that every minute counts and to make the most of it; to tackle something head-on that scares you and not make too much of it;
Our managers are drivers, who expect results, but sometime too soon. Certain things requires time to work through before you can see results;
My co-workers are like a family, fun, but equally hard-working;
The hardest part of my job is trying to juggle what I am required to do and what my manager requires of me to do; Achieving your goals especially those that you set out to achieve for the day/week; also seeing a member successfully underwritten.
Pros
brilliant medical aid, work hard and play hard
Cons
constantly shifting strategy and not always sure of job security, change is good but not if its constant interfering with job security
Long hours pay off!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mackinaw City, MichiganAugust 17, 2015
I didn't have much family time working here because of how many hours I was working. I loved my manager! She was the sweetest woman I have ever met. She's really laid back and funny. My co-workers have become close friends. Although this is a summer position, I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in making friends, money, and memories.
Modern Offices
Project & Design Manager (Current Employee) –  DubaiJuly 30, 2015
Momentum is one of the greatest company I have ever worked in. The offices are amazing. The stuff are intelligent. The management have the vision of future development
fast learning, work support. productive.
Financial planner (Former Employee) –  pretoria, centurionAugust 7, 2015
start the day by coming together as a team to discuss on what needs to happen on the day. start with previous day work that needs to be completed. Call new and existing clients. Learned to be determined, focused, work under pressure and meet deadline. I enjoyed giving clients what they needed
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 6, 2012
Fun environment, pet friendly, great benefits! Compensation excellent!
Pros
summer fridays
Great job with good benefits
Shop refurbisher (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, ENGDecember 10, 2014
I traveled all over the country doing shop refurbishment. I learned how to install different shop units and using different tools. The management were very good and supportive as were all the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the long hours depending on where we had to travel but I did not mind this as I enjoyed the job so much.
Pros
enjoyable work well paid
Cons
temporary contract only
Productive, highly skilled colleagues
Network Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Centurion, GPFebruary 28, 2014
A typical day started with an operations meeting with other teams, then my teams meeting to distribute work, review service requests and project plans.

I learnt how to analyse effectively, strategic and operations management. Communicate effectively with business units.

Management communicated effectively and clearly, there were identifiable goals. The business needs were shared, also the organisation's visions & way forward.

Co-workers were pleasant, highly skilled

Slow delivery from service providers.

Working with the people I worked with
Pros
working with skilled people, little or no training required apart from advancement.
challenging and exciting work opportunity
financial advisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GPMay 24, 2015
As a financial planner, your primary role is to help your clients realize their financial goals and objectives, and clients are just like snowflakes; there are no two similar clients, which means no two days are alike.Another thing I really like about my job is creating financial plans and reading financial articles. It is important to know what is going on in the stock market, the economy and about new investment/tax strategies.

Creating retirement plans is a lot of fun too. You get to know your clients better and you offer them a truely value added service as a financial planner; a global overview of their financial situation.

Pre-requisites to Become a Financial Planner

If you are looking to become a financial planner, here are the few requirements you need to have according to my experience:

– You enjoy challenges/pressure

– You like people and talking to them (read listening to them)

– You are analytical

– You are able to communicate financial reality

– You are a go getter

– You are able to close a sale

– You are honest and transparent
Pros
own working hours
Cons
constant sales effort
Great culture and informal environment
IT Technical Procurement Officer and Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, South AfricaJune 25, 2015
Momenbtum has a great transparent culture and operated a professional yet informal business. A great place to build relationships ad be part of a greater organization where you can gain experience by interacting with staff at all levels.
Great culture
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  CenturionMay 3, 2013
Momentum is a great company to work for. The call centre is a stressful environment but the best place to get to know yourself and to grow and mature. The culture and people are amazing. People who work together become like family and the teamwork there is just electrifying. The one thing of the environment that is not good is the lack of balance. Everyone is so committed that balance becomes something that does not exist. The most enjoyable part is the vibe and energy in the people. The company is innovative, vibrant and young.
Pros
the building and culture
Cons
long hours and lack of balance