Momentum Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast learning, work support. productive.
Financial planner (Former Employee), pretoria, centurionAugust 7, 2015
start the day by coming together as a team to discuss on what needs to happen on the day. start with previous day work that needs to be completed. Call new and existing clients. Learned to be determined, focused, work under pressure and meet deadline. I enjoyed giving clients what they needed
Modern Offices
Project & Design Manager (Current Employee), DubaiJuly 30, 2015
Momentum is one of the greatest company I have ever worked in. The offices are amazing. The stuff are intelligent. The management have the vision of future development
Productive work place
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Centurion, GPJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Nice canteen
Cons: Long working hours
I really liked working at Momentum for the past 7 years. Its nice to work for a company with good values. They really care about the employees and do a lot to boost the employees moral.
good working environment and culture
Quality Assuror (Current Employee), CenturionJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: working long hours at times
CAREER OBJECTIVE
• To be an outstanding performer on a sustained basis on assigned tasks.
• To exceed the requirements set for tasks.
• To achieve all additional stretching objectives and targets set.
• To contribute on an exceptional level to the company’s overall
Momentum Inc
Senior Business Analyst/ Project Lead (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAJuly 8, 2015
Momentum Inc is a IT firm located in Camp Hill, PA. They offer a vast array of services to clients and thier customers. They are a great company to work for.
Great culture and informal environment
IT Technical Procurement Officer and Analyst (Former Employee), Pretoria, South AfricaJune 25, 2015
Momenbtum has a great transparent culture and operated a professional yet informal business. A great place to build relationships ad be part of a greater organization where you can gain experience by interacting with staff at all levels.
good work place
Multiply Sales Agent (Current Employee), pretoriaJune 12, 2015
-meet your daily target
-accountability is very important
-good management
-team work
-calling clients that do not answer their phones
-the acknowledgement of you achievements
challenging and exciting work opportunity
financial advisor (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 24, 2015
Pros: own working hours
Cons: constant sales effort
As a financial planner, your primary role is to help your clients realize their financial goals and objectives, and clients are just like snowflakes; there are no two similar clients, which means no two days are alike.Another thing I really like about my job is creating financial plans and reading financial articles. It is important to know what is going on in the stock market, the economy and about new investment/tax strategies.

Creating retirement plans is a lot of fun too. You get to know your clients better and you offer them a truely value added service as a financial planner; a global overview of their financial situation.

Pre-requisites to Become a Financial Planner

If you are looking to become a financial planner, here are the few requirements you need to have according to my experience:

– You enjoy challenges/pressure

– You like people and talking to them (read listening to them)

– You are analytical

– You are able to communicate financial reality

– You are a go getter

– You are able to close a sale

– You are honest and transparent
Great Company to work for
Cash Management Administrator (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPMay 21, 2015
Excellent values and culture at Momentum. Friendly colleagues, great canteen food and added extras like zumba and aerobics classes held everyday as we as pilates classes. Employee's are always well informed about everything affecting the company. Lots of parking space daily and good security.
good working for them when we have plenty of work
Merchandiser/Team Leader (Current Employee), all over scotland and north of englandMay 20, 2015
the company is ok to work for, money isnt the best plus zero hour contract wich isnt the best but hav worked for them since 2010 and enjoy the work when we have plenty of work on, i dont put the blame on momentum really we are at BnQs beck and call but over all i have been loyal to this company but if i could get a 9 to 5 closer to home with a contract then i would take it in a minute.
Good
Teamleader (Current Employee), Throughout U.KMay 19, 2015
Pros: 0
Cons: Long hours
Tipical day at work was myself organising from between 10-20 staff setting out routine's for ongoing shift at many large retail company,s.
Productive work enviornment. Surrounded by highly motivated proffesionals.
Material Handle/Coordinator (Current Employee), Durango, COMay 13, 2015
Pros: Constantly learning and growing, great money, travel
Cons: Being away from home for long periods
Everyday is an opportunity to learn and grow. Each day I set the bar a little higher for myself. Failure is not an option. After 25 years in the lumber industry I felt stagnant. Since coming to the oil and gas industry three years ago I feel reborn.
momentum
DSP (Former Employee), Bangor, MEApril 24, 2015
i worked at this job for a while. i gained alot of exsprience with working with individual. during the time i was working there they were going threw a change in management and the computer system they used to do documentation on. i found this it be very challenging transition.
Leanrt
commercial sales (Current Employee), Centurion, GPApril 15, 2015
Learnt a lot about different types of insurances and had the opportunity to be second in charge and helped with managerial duties from time to time.
Careless and disorganised
Cost controller / Internal auditor (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 7, 2015
Management is not competent.
Employees' turnover is incredibly high.
No carrier opportunities.
No challenge as the company is under a monopoly contract for 7 years.
A client centric company that makes you wonder if service should be a norm
Service Consultant (Current Employee), Centurion, GPApril 5, 2015
Pros: Financial Company
Cons: Reviews
Momentum is a fantastic company that has the best support management i have a ever seen. Momentum places its clients even above itself. At momentum service is the order of the dear and everyday innovative ways are introduced to perfect this trend they are trying to set
sales consultant (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPMarch 11, 2015
Pros: incitive
Cons: long hours
The typical day work it was when you go home without selling any product to the client .i have leaned to prepar my day by making appoitment for the next day so that when i came to work i know that i have portatial client for that day .the most enjoyeble part of my job its when the client consider your product.
You can earn high but at a cost.
Serice Consultant (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMarch 6, 2015
Pros: you sign your own cheque at the end of the month.
Cons: by the end of the month you are exhausted.
We reconcile contributions made by the company on behalf of their employees benefits such as Group Life, disability or funeral benefits. Employees benefits what it means to have a death benefit when and how to claim and the exclusions on the policy. My manager is great in fact she is supporting us a lot and advises us to study further and my colleagues are great good team members. To work on P4P is the toughest thing on my job because by month I'm finished. The most enjoyable part are the outings.
Educative and warm interactive environment
Financial Adviser (Current Employee), JohannesburgFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: advanced technology equipment to carry out duties. face-to-face interaction with clients
Cons: clients negative perceptions based on past experiences
Our mornings begin with +/-1 hour meetinngs reflecting on yesterdays perforrmance, plans to improve from negative past actions and plans for the day.The meetings also inculde feedbacks and discussions on tips and lessons other members can use when faced with similar situations and issues.
I have learnt the importance of always meeting knew peolpe, getting to know clients before even offering them any solutions by listening first and then replying. Teams are very important to lift each other up, brainstorming to solve issues and for synergy.
Our management is made up of supportive and open individuals that respect us and want the best for us even going as far as joining us on appointments and asssisting with presentations.
A diverse group of colleagues in terms of language, cultures, ideas, dreams and personalities. But we all had a common interst of improving peoples financial states and equiping them with knowledge and tools to handle all kinds of everyday obstacles.
Hardest part of the job was overcoming the negative perception of insurance advisers and declining of claims by insurers for some claims.
Enjoyable part of the job is interacting with new people daily, listening to peoples different experiences and dreams and opinions.
Tech Lead (On payroll of IB Technologies) (Current Employee), Johannesburg, South AfricaFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: rewards and awards
Momentum is a great place to work with high values and good work culture. Hard work is always appreciated and rewarded, no matter whether a permanent employee or contractor.