Momentum Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Junior Business Analyst / Scrum Master
Junior Business Analyst / Scrum Master (Current Employee), Bellville, Western CapeNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Its close to my kids school at the moment.
Cons: not developing my career in the last 3 years after leaving mutual
Currently doing support on a system that is being shut down the end of this year. So no new development at the moment.

So on a normal day, its user support queries, basically whole day.

I just feel that my growth has been stunted being placed here unfortunately.

My passion is testing (I am a manual tester). Love testing and finding bugs which make me happy.
You can earn high but at a cost.
Serice Consultant (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMarch 6, 2015
Pros: you sign your own cheque at the end of the month.
Cons: by the end of the month you are exhausted.
We reconcile contributions made by the company on behalf of their employees benefits such as Group Life, disability or funeral benefits. Employees benefits what it means to have a death benefit when and how to claim and the exclusions on the policy. My manager is great in fact she is supporting us a lot and advises us to study further and my colleagues are great good team members. To work on P4P is the toughest thing on my job because by month I'm finished. The most enjoyable part are the outings.
Productive workplace + driven
Service Agent (Former Employee), Centurion, PretoriaNovember 1, 2015
Pros: You have a goal/ target you work on.
Cons: Long hours vs value of interactions
Handle any outstanding work that came in overnight. Each case dealt with making sure everything is done 100% correct and finalize cases.
productive and fun
sales consultant (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPOctober 22, 2015
Pros: Good campaigns
Cons: bad leads/ poor quality of leads
calls,clients,queries and sales

there are lots of activity during the entire day it is never silent. You have to deal with all sorts of clients as well as answer their questions and deliver excellent services to them as part of treating our clients fairly.
every call can be audited so we must be professional at all times.
my colleagues are corporative and I work well with them.
dealing with difficult clients and remaining calm.
when you are complimented for good service.
good working environment and culture
Quality Assuror (Current Employee), CenturionJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: working long hours at times
CAREER OBJECTIVE
• To be an outstanding performer on a sustained basis on assigned tasks.
• To exceed the requirements set for tasks.
• To achieve all additional stretching objectives and targets set.
• To contribute on an exceptional level to the company’s overall
Momentum is overall a good employer
Various roles (Current Employee), Centurion, GautengNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Poor transformation and poor remuneration policies.
Cons: Great culture and great people to work with. Strong team spirit.
Momentum is great company with a great culture. They also have great work ethics. The two areas I believe they are lagging behind on are transformation and they also have a poor remuneration policy.
challenging and fun workplace
Sales Assc (Former Employee), Fairfield, CANovember 23, 2015
Pros: competitiveness, negotiating
Cons: one day off per week
Awesome challenging fun work place with great competitive fun co-workers that support each other. had a lot of customers and clients which was good for business and fun being able to talk with so many people
the environment
DESKTOP SUPPORT (Current Employee), Centurion, GPJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: na
Cons: lack of personal development
The work place is great good vibe, open plan office, easy access to senior managers. family based. its been great 4yrs just feel stuck and not growing to the full potential of my abilities
Production and fun work place.
Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Clayton, MOOctober 21, 2014
Pros: a more relaxed atmosphere than most businesses.
Cons: the corporate culture does focus on money more than employees
The company is large and you have the chance to learn a lot of various duties. Never a dull day - always something new and exciting to look forward to doing. The company offers great benefits.
I handled a lot of special projects and by doing so learned a lot. it helped me develop research skills. I enjoyed working on problems and finding solutions = better ways to handle situations.
Challenges and Expiriences
Financial Wellness Advser (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPOctober 19, 2015
Overcoming challenges, as an adviser was always stressful but at the same time fun because after solving or overcoming the challenge one was able to learn from that challenge and laugh how things turned out to be.
Experiencing being a financial adviser was always good interacting with people helping them with their financial needs and adding value to their lives.
Supportive and Educational Environment
Actuarial Assistant (Former Employee), Centurion, GautengNovember 23, 2015
A company with an inclusive environment. Colleagues are approachable and friendly. Big company, so not everyone gets along or really knows one another, but respect is still key in the company's workplace environment.
Fun workplace and it's a diverse culture
Administration service consultant (Current Employee), Johanessburg/CenturionOctober 2, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: employee development
I love working for Momentum. The department was a great starter for a working career path. You learn to be tough/build confidence in talking to people you don't know and as an introvert person it was a great advancement. The hardest part was the salary as it was commission based (no gaurantee) The opportunity that you have long-term is awesome. All of the employees are fun, high-energy competitors and they bring the best out of you. We work as a team and also give back to the community. Yes the were some negative employees who take no responsibility for their actions and are usually employees that fall below company standards. They are usually involved in unethical activities on the job that are non-productive.
No review to report
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches on Saturdays
Cons: disorganized office
Open or closed department, greeted customers, marketing, routed calls to appropriate departments, managed cash register, balanced daily register.
Technical Support
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Cartersville, GASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers, and oppurtunites for free stuff
Cons: stress level, life/work balance, and shift bids
This company does have some advantages, because they are small company. However, like all call center it is not a family oriented environment. The hardest part of the job is the customer's being frustrated and screaming at you all the time. However, the best part of the job is the people that you will work with! They are some of the greatest people!
Challenging and beneficial work experience
Quality Assuror (Current Employee), CenturionFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: great office
Cons: remuneration structure is inconsistent
A typical day involves queries received from brokers and provident and pension fund members on their investment returns and benefit scope. I have learned a lot about the pension and/or provident fund legislative structure as well as it's impact on clients. Employee benefits is quite a diverse industry. My co-workers are the greatest part of my job. The interactions with them is mostly joyous regardless of the nature and challenges of our jobs. The most challenging aspect of my job is handling the misconceptions that clients have about their benefits and handling their expectations with care and a sense of empathy. Hence one needs to educate your clients to leave them satisfied and to build a rapport.
Big national company
Training and Development Facilitator (Former Employee), PretoriaJune 25, 2013
Training and development of existing, new staff and managers
Performance improvement coaching and mentoring sessions with agents
Designing and development of training programmes and training material, with a specific focus on Employee Benefits.
Assessing learning interventions
Analyzing performance requirements, such as gap analysis and intervention proposals.
Administrating training services such as reports and schedules.
Record data and give feedback to departmental Senior Managers.
Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders

Delivery of proposals for training
Develop induction programmes
Learning assessments – design
Delivery of training focused on interpersonal
Productive and fun enviroment
Service Consultant (Former Employee), GPOctober 30, 2013
Pros: great benefits, medical aid, pension, bonuses
Cons: long hours, deadlines
A very good work environment.
A typical day at work would be by starting off by greeting everyone then chatting a bit then get on with the days work, whilst having breakfast. Staff have a mixture of personalities, some are friendly others not. The hardest part of the job was to meet deadlines, we worked around the clock and had to be 100% correct at the same time. The most enjoyable part is when we had staff team buildings or year end socials or functions.
Company Sold
WAREHOUSE LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 15, 2015
I enjoyed this position because of t he diversity.

Worked with vendors nationwide providing
Assisted Event managers by ensuring merchandise was each location for set up and break down

This company sold and closed its doors.
Long hours pay off!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Mackinaw City, MichiganAugust 17, 2015
I didn't have much family time working here because of how many hours I was working. I loved my manager! She was the sweetest woman I have ever met. She's really laid back and funny. My co-workers have become close friends. Although this is a summer position, I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in making friends, money, and memories.
Modern Offices
Project & Design Manager (Current Employee), DubaiJuly 30, 2015
Momentum is one of the greatest company I have ever worked in. The offices are amazing. The stuff are intelligent. The management have the vision of future development