High End Interior Design firm located in central Kelowna, BC seeking a Office Assistant. The successful candidate for the position will be an individual with strong attention to detail, follow up skills, high professionalism.
The candidate will also possess a strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. Exceptional organizational skills are essential.
20-24 hours a week (PT)
Between 8:30am – 5:00pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Arrange conferences, meetings, and travel reservations for office personnel.
- Complete forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Compose, type, and distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Locate and attach appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring replies.
- Mail newsletters, promotional material, and other information.
- Maintain scheduling and event calendars.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Open, read, route, and distribute incoming mail and other material, and prepare answers to routine letters.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients, customers, or supervisors.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Coordinate conferences and meetings.
- Establish work procedures and schedules, and keep track of the daily work of clerical staff.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
- Manage projects, and contribute to committee and team work.
- Operate electronic mail systems and coordinate the flow of information both internally and with other organizations.
- Order and dispense supplies.
- Prepare and mail checks.
- Provide services to customers, such as order placement and account information.
- Review work done by others to check for correct spelling and grammar, ensure that company format policies are followed, and recommend revisions.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information on orders.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines and sales objectives. Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must have excellent time management and follow-up skills.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must have a high level of energy; be as self-starter, and have a strong customer service and relationship orientation.
- Must present a professional presence and demeanor that is reflective of a corporate image.
Indeed - 14 months ago