Momentous Employee Reviews

“Unclear with poor communication led by wannabes, all that glitters is not gold ”
Customer Interaction Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 June 2015
Advice to Management

All that glitters is not gold. Behind the façade and all the perks, you have to actually deliver sooner or later.

There are a list of values that the company prides itself on, rather they should be aiming for those values since they are not inherent. They state that everyone says hello there, and when I did this, I was cautioned and bullied. I was promised much when I first started in many areas but then when I asked, I would always be given the runaround and flimsy excuses and to do just my job and nothing more.

Sure, there are many benefits, but what use are these, if you have no use for them, e.g. drinking pop and bringing your dogs to work?

The firm builds itself being unconventional and different from the key public sector mentality in Ottawa. The only problem is that the company is built by people who only know Ottawa and run the place exactly like any government department. And it also seems to want to be so different, that it indirectly acknowledges that it is not so different from the rest after all, since actions speak louder than words.

A lesson that I learned much after is that if you know people in the company (or in the community) and do them favours (like walk or babysit their dogs or run errands for them), then the sky is the limit (not your productivity or professional attitude, on the contrary that will get you into trouble as I found out the hard way for caring too much). Also, risk-taking is not encouraged as it upsets the status quo and rocks the boat. The company is filled with people who have either not worked long in
  more... their career or those who have been there for too long and grown complacent and dare to not be challenged on anything.

I could go on and on and on, but definitely I would not recommend this place, only perhaps as a stopover for a couple of months as a real eye-opener and lesson in what not to do, that is all.

Already, businesses have asked me my opinion if Momentous was worthwhile to conduct business with and I can gladly say that now I have provide them with much better, cheaper and more honest alternatives.
Pros
Bring your dogs to work, washer + Dryer facilities, free pop, free beer (on Fridays)
Cons
Cliques and popularity contests, no clear onboarding and training, gossip, information hoarding, non-transparency, favouritism, douche attitudes, low-risk environment, don't keep promises, talk negatively (and lie) of former / current employees behind their backs
Do NOT apply here
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 December 2013
Very poor management. They hired me (I left another workplace for this one) being tempted by what they promised. They didn't keep their promises, and fired me after awhile without any explanation. I kindly asked to tell me why I was layoff , and the only answer I got was: " You are not the suitable person for the role" -They should have known that before, I passed three interviews for that position. I cannot say how bitter taste has left this job...
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very poor management
The worst workplace I've ever had.
NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario10 May 2012
At first sight they look very nice and serious.
After you get hired you see that they act chaotic, they expect you to get yourself something to do, and if you don't, you fired.
Maybe some people can work this way, but I expect a manager to give me something to do.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
everything else