Molly Maid Employee Reviews

Molly maid
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 July 2017
I work for this company for a year I worked up until I had due with my first son. Long hours but they are great hours. No weekends or evenings it was a perfect full time
Position. I think the hourly rate could have been a little
Higher
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
Hard work
By far the most discouraging place I have ever experienced
Maid (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON3 July 2017
No Breaks!!! Oh you get your break in the car while travelling between houses. Eat lunch in car or on side of road before or after cleaning a house.
Minimum wage I never saw a commission/ tips the other maids kept my tips.
Management poorly organized/unprofessional/I never met my Boss oh once I waved to her from the car.
Management will send you up to an hour of travel without pay because you do not get paid until you start cleaning your first house.We have been sent to wrong houses and do not get paid for this lack of communication.
Employee turn over rate is extremely high.
Fast pace/unrealistic expectations/
Work with Molly Maid not my recommendation.
House/Residential Cleaning
house/residential cleaning (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON14 June 2017
cleaned houses/residential cleaning, locking and unlocking of clients house, setting alarms, cleaning inside some outside work, had a work vehicle to get to work and carry all the supplies needed to get the job done
Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
The expectations of this job are ridiculous. I don't even know where to begin. You're told you work 8-4:30 but that's not true, you have to leave super early and sometimes are expected to stay late. The people are nice to an extent, a lot of issues between employees and unprofessionally discussing the customers which I find disrespectful. The expectations they have in the time allotted is astonishing especially considering the sub-par pay. Also, no breaks! The only break is sitting in the car on the way to the next house and that's not long because they schedule all the houses strategically to minimize driving. They're wanting to grow their company but they won't put in enough time to train people properly. Worst job experience I've ever had. Unless you're desperate (and I mean DESPERATE), this might be for you, other wise stay away
Pros
Decent people
Cons
Everything else
Good clean
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 May 2017
The teams are friendly. Not a lot of room for advancement. Must have drivers licence for higher pay rate. Work off commission. Required to work one Saturday before Christmas. Hours aren't satisfactory. You could start at 8:30 am and get home by 8 pm. No choice in location or order of houses, you could have a house in Burlington and a house in Mississauga right after. No direct deposit, all by check. No raises.
good place overall
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON30 March 2017
At Molly Maid, you work in teams of 2, or sometimes 3, so it can be a challenge working with certain people. The best part of the job is that your time goes fast but the worst part is the amount of time that you're unpaid during the work day because you don't get paid for drive time.
Unorganized and unprofessional
Maid (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 February 2017
For the work that you have to do its not worth the pay at all. Training pay is ridiculous especially since you are cleaning as if you were on the job by yourself. The management is really unorganized especially for the training process. Training days are all over the place and are not consistent. When you call in for information on when to come is you either get voicemail or they tell you that they'll let you know when to come back in but they never do. 9 times out of 10 you will need to call in the verify yourself. Was just a unpleasant place to work. You always should always check over your pay stub because they tend to mess it up.
Provides solitude at work
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 December 2016
Since I was only working with 1 other lady, I didn't have to interact with anyone which could be a good thing sometimes since I was at peace by myself. No one was there to tell me "do this" "do that" "you're not doing that right".
reliable work partner
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 December 2016
I loved the experience i was able to gather from molly maids, and I am incredibly grateful for the strong bond I made with my work partner.
Flexible
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 December 2016
A typical day at work is going from house to house cleaning for customers. I have learned how to clean in an orderly manner and customer service with a smile. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unsatisfied customers. The best part of the job is the freedom and flexibility.
Pros
Free lunch twice a year
Cons
Unsatisfied customers
Job
Route manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC2 December 2016
Working at molly maid was fine but our boss played favorites...luckily I was a favorite. i had no customer complaints.Job is fairly easy and stress free.
Disgraceful
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 November 2016
Expectations are very high from management. Health and saftey regulations are not followed AT ALL.(having to deal with exposed mold and asbestos without proper equipment. Pay is minimum wage even though they will tell you it's commission. You will be expected to work over time without getting compensated for the hours. Harassment is not taken seriously by management and they allow verbal assault and bullying in the work place.
Pros
Sadly there is no pros.
Cons
No concern for health and safety, very under paid.
Horrible Place to Work
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 August 2016
I was in between jobs and was looking for something new. Found that Molly Maid was hiring. I applied and right off the get go they asked if I had a license, even tho I had stated prior that I didn't want to be a driver I was forced into anyway. Then after 3 months in they asked me to pay up some "deposit" for the car which you don't get back when you leave. They need to look up the definition of deposit. I never had a consistent route, being placed at a lot of one shots that had never even been look at by management staff. Some were so unsanitary and others unsafe. I went through 4 partners in the 6 month period of working for them. There was nothing enjoyable about working for Burlington Molly Maid.
Pros
Cons
hours, staff, management & co-workers
I loved being in new places
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 May 2016
The Management was hard to handle lots of harassment. He was always rude and very ignorant. I felt very uncomfortable all the time, cause he was always so rude and never positive.
Pros
Tips and FriendlyCustomers
Great Company
Route Manager/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta15 February 2016
I start my day loading cleaning materials into car.
I check car for odometer reading.
My next step is to pick up cleaning partner.
My cleaning partner and I go to first house.
On paper work enter time of arrival.
One person dust and vacumm .
The other person does kitchen and bathrooms.
On exit log exit time.
Proceed to next house
Complete all houses report to office entry and exit times
Drop off partner
Check paper work is correct for next day
Pros
work independantly
Cons
traffic heavy sometimes
Concerning pays
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON17 January 2016
Molly Maid is a good place to work for, but the pay isn't good I can't even live on it. You get the weekends off, and you're on days, but I have to look at another job in order to live.The coworkers are really nice, and they're always there to help you. Dealing with people and making them happy.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
Pay not the grreatest
professional
Molly Maid (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 December 2015
working with clients in homes or resonances as an attendant or just a sitter helping and assisting with meals accompanying clients to appointments
i
good work place
cleaner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 December 2015
was not able to get hours due to a low period good full days work that was well organised and productive I enjoyed every minute and was well looked after by all
Pros
good work mates
Cons
inconsistent in the work avalible
Productive out of office employment.
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ON18 October 2015
A typical day at work is getting picked up at home by my route manager and going to our first house by 9:30. We usually clean about 4 houses a day sometimes more depending on the demand. Get dropped off at home usually in time for supper. Molly Maid, is a good company to work for. Management is easy to get along with. This job is good for people who need a second income. Some people are easier to work with than others. The hardest part is that it is physically demanding and overuse of body parts can be very painful. I enjoy getting out everyday and cleaning for different people.
Pros
Flexible and Organized
Cons
Paid on comission and no benefits
Work Partners r great to work with but management is not good
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 September 2015
Working hours r never consistant suppose to be full time sometimes only working for 2 hours. Do not get paid for travelling time could work for 3 hours and travel for 3 only getting commission on houses u r cleaning no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molly Maid. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5