Molly Maid Employee Reviews

Horrible work place
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 November 2017
Some days you work 9hrs and sometimes 4hrs. Promised way more pay than given, managers show little trust or appreciation to employees, managers have no idea how to actually manage a company and they don’t care about their employees. You have to fight to get paystubs and if u try to quit they will try to get away with not giving you your last pay check.
Pros
Work with nice employees (not managers)
Cons
Low pay and horrible managers and bosses
only good for a second job
Former employee (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 October 2017
poor pay for the type of physical work you are required to do, construction clean ups before someone moves in usually require 3 or 4 staff, so pay has to be divided between 3 or 4 of you, if your lucky you each will make 24.00 dollars for a 4 hour job. of physical labour.

vacuums used are household up rights usually with hoses duc taped, as they are not built for this type of use and fall apart. They dislike you taking time off for a dr. appointment. they dont care.

you get picked up from home from route manager and dropped off.

Uniform, shirts with logo are supplied usually you're allowed two. Blue pants you buy.

Jobs where you have to go back to because client is not satisfied are not paid out to you.

You have to eat in your car, no time for breaks,

Clients scheduled are close together, 15 minutes usually allowed to go from client to client.

No benefits.

Scheduler is a great person to talk to. Boss more interested in making money for herself and company .

Supplies used are non toxic.
Pros
good for a second part time job if you work nights elswhere
Cons
poor pay, $ 12.00 Hour, No Benefits, No lunch breaks
Works with one person works well together
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 October 2017
Over all its not for everyone but works great for me just the physical strain on body hard, can be difficult to request time off. Love the customers enjoy seeing them
Hard work and not much money involved for those whom aren't the route manager!
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 September 2017
Hard work, long hours, little pay (for those whom aren't a route manager) , poor/rude management.
Could be compared to slave labor due to the long labor intensive hours that you have nothing to show for but a small cheque and no will to spend it due to aching bones.
If you're looking for a job that allows you to have a life outside of work than this is not for you!
Pros
Pick up/drop off. Company car (if route manager). Lots of hours.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, back-breaking work, poor management.
Good part-time job for young family
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 September 2017
Great experience for those who are looking to gain as a supervisor or administrative/accounting position.

Staff was very friendly and customers loyal to their teams.

A bit of a turn over in staff due to the nature of the job.
I don't know how this job has a three star rating
Maid (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 September 2017
Management is unpleasant and unorganized, hours never steady, pay is horrible, expectations too high, disgusting houses to clean, employee turn over rate is incredibly high because of how bad it is working at the Burlington location, we were cleaning houses with black mold and given attitude about how long it took to clean it, they only care about the money.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Absolutely everything
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON19 August 2017
Typical day
Traveling all day
I learned how to work with lots if people many different chemicals
It was ok a lot of the times it didn't seem rite
The hardest part of the job
Nothing really
Enjoyable part of the job
Keeping busy and satisfied customers
Pros
Helpng people
Cons
The people i worked with
Productive place to work for
Home cleaner (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 August 2017
Good place to work for has benefits work lots of hours. Great staff to work with. She appreciates the little things that you do to please the customers.
it was a very clean job
Maid (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 July 2017
this job was a good first time job. the only bad thing that i didn't like was having to carry all the equipment in and out of the places we were cleaning.
Pros
ok wage
Cons
not a 40 hour week
Molly maid
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 July 2017
I work for this company for a year I worked up until I had due with my first son. Long hours but they are great hours. No weekends or evenings it was a perfect full time
Position. I think the hourly rate could have been a little
Higher
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
Hard work
By far the most discouraging place I have ever experienced
Maid (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON3 July 2017
No Breaks!!! Oh you get your break in the car while travelling between houses. Eat lunch in car or on side of road before or after cleaning a house.
Minimum wage I never saw a commission/ tips the other maids kept my tips.
Management poorly organized/unprofessional/I never met my Boss oh once I waved to her from the car.
Management will send you up to an hour of travel without pay because you do not get paid until you start cleaning your first house.We have been sent to wrong houses and do not get paid for this lack of communication.
Employee turn over rate is extremely high.
Fast pace/unrealistic expectations/
Work with Molly Maid not my recommendation.
House/Residential Cleaning
house/residential cleaning (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON14 June 2017
cleaned houses/residential cleaning, locking and unlocking of clients house, setting alarms, cleaning inside some outside work, had a work vehicle to get to work and carry all the supplies needed to get the job done
Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 May 2017
The expectations of this job are ridiculous. I don't even know where to begin. You're told you work 8-4:30 but that's not true, you have to leave super early and sometimes are expected to stay late. The people are nice to an extent, a lot of issues between employees and unprofessionally discussing the customers which I find disrespectful. The expectations they have in the time allotted is astonishing especially considering the sub-par pay. Also, no breaks! The only break is sitting in the car on the way to the next house and that's not long because they schedule all the houses strategically to minimize driving. They're wanting to grow their company but they won't put in enough time to train people properly. Worst job experience I've ever had. Unless you're desperate (and I mean DESPERATE), this might be for you, other wise stay away
Pros
Decent people
Cons
Everything else
Good clean
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 May 2017
The teams are friendly. Not a lot of room for advancement. Must have drivers licence for higher pay rate. Work off commission. Required to work one Saturday before Christmas. Hours aren't satisfactory. You could start at 8:30 am and get home by 8 pm. No choice in location or order of houses, you could have a house in Burlington and a house in Mississauga right after. No direct deposit, all by check. No raises.
good place overall
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON30 March 2017
At Molly Maid, you work in teams of 2, or sometimes 3, so it can be a challenge working with certain people. The best part of the job is that your time goes fast but the worst part is the amount of time that you're unpaid during the work day because you don't get paid for drive time.
Unorganized and unprofessional
Maid (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 February 2017
For the work that you have to do its not worth the pay at all. Training pay is ridiculous especially since you are cleaning as if you were on the job by yourself. The management is really unorganized especially for the training process. Training days are all over the place and are not consistent. When you call in for information on when to come is you either get voicemail or they tell you that they'll let you know when to come back in but they never do. 9 times out of 10 you will need to call in the verify yourself. Was just a unpleasant place to work. You always should always check over your pay stub because they tend to mess it up.
Provides solitude at work
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 December 2016
Since I was only working with 1 other lady, I didn't have to interact with anyone which could be a good thing sometimes since I was at peace by myself. No one was there to tell me "do this" "do that" "you're not doing that right".
reliable work partner
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 December 2016
I loved the experience i was able to gather from molly maids, and I am incredibly grateful for the strong bond I made with my work partner.
Flexible
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 December 2016
A typical day at work is going from house to house cleaning for customers. I have learned how to clean in an orderly manner and customer service with a smile. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unsatisfied customers. The best part of the job is the freedom and flexibility.
Pros
Free lunch twice a year
Cons
Unsatisfied customers
Job
Route manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC2 December 2016
Working at molly maid was fine but our boss played favorites...luckily I was a favorite. i had no customer complaints.Job is fairly easy and stress free.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molly Maid. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5