Company: Mokuba – Retail/wholesale ribbon shop
Title: Graphic Designer
Contract type: Full-Time, temporary position
Location: CA - Toronto
Our independently owned ribbon and trim shop carries an inventory selection of 30,000 separate units. The shop sells wholesale and retail to the fashion industry, theatre- and film industry, home interiors, florists, graphic designers, jewelry designers, cake makers, bridal, etc.
We are looking for a person who is educated, experienced and talented in the areas of graphic design, textiles and who also has experience in the areas of team management and office protocols. Potential in the future role of developing a market in Scandinavia is also desirable.
- Manage the design of in-house signage, flyers, packaging etc. from start to finish.
- Creative design of the website, coupons and important announcements.
- Illustration experience is preferred.
- Performing minor modifications to existing design files as required.
- Design and execute displays for our store window/walls/counter etc.
- Support for our retail/wholesale designer customers.
- Able to supervise the sales team.
- Execute & supervise procedures and protocol for the transaction of sales and the ordering of merchandize from our supplier in Japan.
- Able to interact and communicate clearly and confidently with clients, especially to support them in their creative vision.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
- Minimum of 3 years graphic design experience.
- Excellent sense of typography, layout, design, colour and overall aesthetics.
- Must be proficient in the following: Adobe CS3, In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Written and verbal communication skills in Swedish or Danish, for future expansion into Scandinavian market, is an asset.
- Retail experience in textiles/fashion and management or supervisory experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication/verbal skills.
- Detail-oriented, problem solver, critical thinking abilities.
We thank all applicants; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 18 months ago