Our independently owned ribbon and trim shop carries an inventory selection of 30,000 separate units. The shop sells wholesale and retail to the fashion industry, theatre- and film industry, home interiors, florists, graphic designers, jewelry designers, cake makers, bridal, etc.
We are looking for a person who is educated, experienced and talented in the areas of design, textiles, team management and office protocols. We are looking to hire a full time Assistant Store Manager/Graphic Designer/Visual Artist.
- Support for our retail/wholesale designer customers.
- Able to supervise a sales team.
- Execute & supervise procedures and protocol for the transaction of sales and the ordering of merchandize from our supplier in Japan.
- Receiving shipments from our supplier; shipping out orders to our customers nationwide and sometimes internationally.
- Manage the design of in-house signage, flyers, packaging, web site etc. from start to finish.
- Design and execute displays for our store window/walls/counter etc.
- Able to interact and communicate clearly and confidently with clients, especially to support them in their creative vision.
- Retail experience in textiles or fashion and at least one year management or supervisory experience.
- College degree in graphic design.
- Minimum of 3 years graphic design/desktop publishing experience.
- Excellent sense of typography, layout, design, colour and overall aesthetics.
- Must be proficient in the following: Adobe CS 2/3, In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Excellent communication/verbal skills.
- Detail-oriented, problem solver, critical thinking abilities.
- Fluent in more than one language preferable.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Company: Mokuba – Retail/wholesale ribbon shop
Title: Graphic Designer/Assistant Store Manager/Visual Artist