The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and consultative services in the areas of labour & employee relations, performance management, recruitment, learning & development and other HRS programs and to contribute to the development of an effective, pro-active Human Resources service aligned with the available resources and the organization’s priorities. This position will be customer-facing, integrated into the applicable business units and will be the first response for such applicable business units for all Human Resources related matters.
In this role, the duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provide senior level consultation and guidance to departments and their management/supervisory team, in line with their business objectives, for employment related matters aimed at facilitating the consistent interpretation of human resources policies, programs, guidelines, and collective agreements.
- Assist business unit management with implementation of performance management within the department. Specifically, may facilitate any training required, assist with the development of SMART goals for each department, coach managers on conducting performance conversations throughout the year, and act as a conduit to keep the program alive.
- Evaluate, recommend, develop, implement, and revise systems and procedures that support the administration and management of human resources projects (e.g. AODA, Employee Engagement Survey, etc), programs, contractual and legislative requirements.
- Conduct investigations on discipline matters, human rights issues and complaints and other areas as required, and provide a summary facts and recommendations to business unit management as applicable.
- Ensure files related to investigations, human rights issues, terminations, etc are completed and finalized to be ready for any ensuing legal action and in a legally defensible position. Prepare responses and submit recommendations for any legal action that may occur.
- Oversee the management of the recruitment program and provide recommendations for recruitment and talent management strategy for each applicable business unit. Provide direct support for any senior recruitment searches as well as the development and execution of other recruitment activities. Recommend budget related to annual strategy and work with applicable staff to plan for annual strategy and implement a corporate-wide solution that fits within each business unit.
- Provide assistance to applicable business units with respect to attending Step 1 and/or Step 2 meetings by researching and investigating issues and providing recommendations for how to proceed, as appropriate. Attend and take minutes of various Labour Management Meetings.
- Manage own priorities and objectives and manage the progress of the work of others, including conducting performance management reviews and work planning for others.
- Facilitate any applicable training programs that have been developed and are required by the business units. Assist the business units with implementing any corporate training into their specific environment.
- Partner with other members of the Human Resources team to ensure all business units have an up-to-date, clear and consistent understanding of the organization’s policies, procedures, programs and any other necessary communication that is required to be distributed or implemented.
- Participate in and facilitate a collaborative team approach to the effective and efficient management of disability cases by providing advice, guidance and consultation to the applicable business unit and other members of the HR team.
- Gain exposure to the other business units in order to back fill for the other Senior HR Business Partner.
- Remain up-to-date on all employment related matters including legislation and jurisprudence, identify impact for the organization and recommend and implement appropriate courses of action.
- Exhibits and demonstrates the core values of Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Excellence.
Basic job requirements include:
- University or college graduation in a field related to HR management, or the equivalent in education and experience.
- At least 7 years experience in an HR Generalist capacity
- Advanced knowledge of labour & employee relations
- Advanced knowledge of recruitment practices
- Advanced project management skills required to lead projects, delegate work appropriately, and influence other members of the project team
- General knowledge of training and development
- General knowledge of HRIS
- General understanding of organizational design
- General knowledge of compensation, pension and benefits and occupational health and safety
- Advanced leadership skills necessary to motivate, coach, develop, evaluate, facilitate and resolve conflicts
- Advanced influencing skills necessary to promote and encourage the most legally defensible positions to the client groups for their decision
- Presentation and Facilitation skills required to speak and deliver training programs to a crowd
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively and influence decisions with all levels of the organization
- General computer skills including word processing
This is a full-time, salaried position based out of Woodbine Racetrack. Normal working days are Monday to Friday and hours may vary based on operational needs.
To apply for this position, please click on the link below (or copy and paste into a web browser):
With roots dating back to 1881, Woodbine Entertainment Group has emerged as a leader in Canada’s entertainment industry.