Woodbine Entertainment Group currently has an opportunity available for a casual Security Guard for our Mohawk location.
In this role, the duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provide protection to the general public and the control of their behaviour while they are on company premises. Provide assistance/ support by answering customer inquiries and direct as required.
- Effectively deal with and control: accidents (personal and vehicle), illness, death, disputes, fights, lost children, fire, theft, robbery, riots, intoxications, controlling mutuel lines, altered tickets, counterfeit money, exclusion of unauthorized personnel, and behaviour of Mohawk and Stable Area employees.
- Observe floors and stairways ensuring that they are clear of debris, obstructions and fire hazards and that access doors to mutuel lines and concession stands are locked. Control traffic flow and issue Parking Violations. Check for abandoned vehicles and ensure they are removed from company property.
- Enforce track rules, ORC regulations, Provincial statutes and Municipal by-laws.
- Assist Medical Staff when required.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the “Powers of Arrest” and other directives contained in the company Security Training Manual, as well as the contents of the Emergency Procedure Manual.
- Ensure that only those persons who have proper credentials are admitted to the Stable Area and Paddock, and the recording of pertinent information of those allowed entry. Ensure only authorized vehicles are permitted in specified parking areas. Control access to restricted areas including; money rooms, mutuel lines, Judges’/Stewards’ stand and parking lots.
- Observe and secure perimeter fences to ensure that individuals use the proper means of admission.
- Monitor all persons to prevent unauthorized removal of company property.
- Perform routine property patrols and assure that fire extinguishers and hoses are accessible and fully charged.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Security Operations or the person acting for the Director of Security Operations.
Basic job requirements include:
- General knowledge of Ontario Racing Commission rules and regulations
- General knowledge of security services and fire safety regulations
- General understanding of office procedures and department protocol
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Proven verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Conflict resolution skills
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years experience, preference will be given to those enrolled in a police foundations program
- First Aid/CPR training and/or certification
- PSISA Security Guard License
- Valid driver’s license
This is a casual position based out of Mohawk Racetrack. The hours of work will vary and will include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
With roots dating back to 1881, Woodbine Entertainment Group has emerged as a leader in Canada’s entertainment industry.