MOHAWK COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Generic Computer Lab Instructor - Co-op (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 May 2017
Great place to work in. Opportunity to learn within a team and to improve the way to deliver customer service. New job environment for me but full of learning.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Not-permanent
Fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 May 2017
•Assisted students with online registration process
•Assisted with convocation preparations including organizing graduates’ lists and diplomas, preparing gowns and liripipes, and creating posters for program names
•Kept the office filing up to date
•Scheduled faculty meetings
•Performed other duties such as preparation of orientation, start smart, and open house

The team was amazing and I did not experience any negativity in the workplace
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no cons
Amazing environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 April 2017
its a very great college for the engineering studies and provided with lots of practical work along with the theoratical knowledge for the implementation for what you learned.its good be a part of this college.
Learn so much about to work diffrent culture
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 April 2017
1. Always satisfied with my work at the end of the day
2.Learn many things like public speaking, management and communication skills many more
3.Helped tutties in their subjects and submit daily reports to head of the department
Pros
Always learning experience
Cons
Sometimes lazy students
Best place to learn and work
COMPUTER USER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 April 2017
I am very happy to get education and work experience both at the same time. In my co-op's I was doing workshops to teach Mohawk staff to use computer . It's the awesome place. I
College Program
Architectural Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 March 2017
In the 3 year Architectural Technology program at Mohawk college due to graduate in December 2018.
The course includes a 12 month work co-op, in order to prepare us with real life work scenarios.
Poor management - good flexibility
Professor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 February 2017
College is in a place where education is not a priority - money is...

Students and teaching are great opportunities and can be very fulfilling - but this is becoming increasingly challenging.

Management pretends quality is important but every decision is still financial and innovation is not supported, nor is research.

Department leadership is very poor in some departments .
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High stress periods
Professional atmosphere
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 February 2017
ESL team was great to work with! There was a clear focus on the future of TESL/LINC at the college and making it relevant to our newcomer students.
Fun and professional environment with amazing and intelligent co-workers
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 January 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers are hardworking and intelligent people. I also enjoy the experience i receive and the things I learn from it.
Pros
hours
Cons
N/a
Peer Tutor part time position
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
You get to pick your own schedule and management is very friendly. They work around your time-table. Pay is minimum wage but you refresh your courses and further deepen your knowledge.
Great Environment to work.
Professor, Enterprise Resource Planning (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 January 2017
Nice place to work. Good balance of work and family. Salary is fair for level of work required. Need to do many hours outside of school to develop course material.
Pros
Working with young people.
Cons
Set in their ways.
Balanced life and school together
Varsity Athlete, Cross Country Runner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2017
Had to manage getting in 20-30 hours of training and traveling included into my busy school life while maintaining a social life. i feel like i handled it very well
Great Staff; limited opportunities
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 November 2016
Meaningful and challenging work. Limited chances to grow into full-time opportunities.Education and healthcare are very limited in growth with on-going government cutbacks and lack of funding creating a treading water philosophy opposed to the past ideology of putting the student/client first.
Tutoring students for the Early Childhood Education Program Year 1
Peer Tutor (ECE) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 November 2016
A typical day at work for me is meeting with tutee's and helping them with their academics.

I learned that there are many students who are in need of assistance with content and need different approaches to learning.

The hardest part of the job is having tutee's who do not complete their assigned work and expect you to do it for them.

The most enjoyable part of being a tutor is seeing tutee's succeed in their program and understanding the material.
Pros
Helping students with their academics
Cons
Not in high demand not enough hours
Great First time experience in work field
Student Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 September 2016
Working at Mohawk College has helped me start off my career as an Educational Assistant. Each experience with students with different needs has allowed me to use my knowledge and applying it to tasks at hand
Pros
clean positive environment
Cons
random hours
Really fun
Camp counsellor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 May 2016
It was fun to teaching the kids how to play basketball helping them new learn new moves, drill and etc it was fun and I would definately do it again
Fun and interesting with the satisfaction of helping educate others.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 May 2016
Typically, instructor and I arrive half an hour ahead of class and discuss the lesson plan with the program coordinator. Lab equipment is setup, medications are organized, and the lab rooms are prepared. During the class, I assist in the answering of any questions the students may have and also help guide the students through the PharmaClik software, while the professor instructs the class. In addition to these general duties, I aid in the supervision of the class and course materials as well as the marking of assignment/tests and grade input. I find the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction/rewarding feeling I receive when being able to help students achieve set academic goals, while the hardest part of the job would be managing the class time to efficiently work through the material while answering all student questions, ensuring that each pupil has an equivalent understanding of the covered material by the end of class.
Pros
Great wage, paid lunch, wonderful workplace environment.
Cons
One shift per week.
Very flexible, helpful supervisors, and great learning environment
Technologist Helper (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 April 2016
I really enjoyed working at Mohawk College, they were very understanding of the fact that I was still in school making the hours very flexible. All of the employers I worked with were very helpful and nice when instructing me on what to do or how to do it. It was a great experience for me to learn a different side of engineering besides my program of study. Overall a fantastic working position.
Pros
Perfect for a student, super flexible and great learning experience.
Cons
All the rooms were locked so I had to wait often to get help if no one was around.
Encouraging and fulfilling workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 April 2016
Working for Mohawk College has been a wonderful experience for me. I have made meaningful connections with my colleagues and enjoyed my tasks and position.
Impossible to be hired
President's Office Student Services (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2016
Great people to work with, but so hard to actually get your foot in the door here. Knowing people isn't enough you need YEARS of experience to even considered for an entry level job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MOHAWK COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4