MOHAWK COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Professional atmosphere
English Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 February 2017
ESL team was great to work with! There was a clear focus on the future of TESL/LINC at the college and making it relevant to our newcomer students.
Fun and professional environment with amazing and intelligent co-workers
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 January 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers are hardworking and intelligent people. I also enjoy the experience i receive and the things I learn from it.
Pros
hours
Cons
N/A
Peer Tutor part time position
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 January 2017
You get to pick your own schedule and management is very friendly. They work around your time-table. Pay is minimum wage but you refresh your courses and further deepen your knowledge.
Great Environment to work.
Professor, Enterprise Resource Planning (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 January 2017
Nice place to work. Good balance of work and family. Salary is fair for level of work required. Need to do many hours outside of school to develop course material.
Pros
Working with young people.
Cons
Set in their ways.
Balanced life and school together
Varsity Athlete, Cross Country Runner (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2017
Had to manage getting in 20-30 hours of training and traveling included into my busy school life while maintaining a social life. i feel like i handled it very well
Great Staff; limited opportunities
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 November 2016
Meaningful and challenging work. Limited chances to grow into full-time opportunities.Education and healthcare are very limited in growth with on-going government cutbacks and lack of funding creating a treading water philosophy opposed to the past ideology of putting the student/client first.
Tutoring students for the Early Childhood Education Program Year 1
Peer Tutor (ECE) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 November 2016
A typical day at work for me is meeting with tutee's and helping them with their academics.

I learned that there are many students who are in need of assistance with content and need different approaches to learning.

The hardest part of the job is having tutee's who do not complete their assigned work and expect you to do it for them.

The most enjoyable part of being a tutor is seeing tutee's succeed in their program and understanding the material.
Pros
Helping students with their academics
Cons
Not in high demand not enough hours
Great First time experience in work field
Student Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 September 2016
Working at Mohawk College has helped me start off my career as an Educational Assistant. Each experience with students with different needs has allowed me to use my knowledge and applying it to tasks at hand
Pros
clean positive environment
Cons
random hours
Really fun
Camp counsellor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 May 2016
It was fun to teaching the kids how to play basketball helping them new learn new moves, drill and etc it was fun and I would definately do it again
Fun and interesting with the satisfaction of helping educate others.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 May 2016
Typically, instructor and I arrive half an hour ahead of class and discuss the lesson plan with the program coordinator. Lab equipment is setup, medications are organized, and the lab rooms are prepared. During the class, I assist in the answering of any questions the students may have and also help guide the students through the PharmaClik software, while the professor instructs the class. In addition to these general duties, I aid in the supervision of the class and course materials as well as the marking of assignment/tests and grade input. I find the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction/rewarding feeling I receive when being able to help students achieve set academic goals, while the hardest part of the job would be managing the class time to efficiently work through the material while answering all student questions, ensuring that each pupil has an equivalent understanding of the covered material by the end of class.
Pros
Great wage, paid lunch, wonderful workplace environment.
Cons
One shift per week.
Very flexible, helpful supervisors, and great learning environment
Technologist Helper (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 April 2016
I really enjoyed working at Mohawk College, they were very understanding of the fact that I was still in school making the hours very flexible. All of the employers I worked with were very helpful and nice when instructing me on what to do or how to do it. It was a great experience for me to learn a different side of engineering besides my program of study. Overall a fantastic working position.
Pros
Perfect for a student, super flexible and great learning experience.
Cons
All the rooms were locked so I had to wait often to get help if no one was around.
Encouraging and fulfilling workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 April 2016
Working for Mohawk College has been a wonderful experience for me. I have made meaningful connections with my colleagues and enjoyed my tasks and position.
Impossible to be hired
President's Office Student Services (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2016
Great people to work with, but so hard to actually get your foot in the door here. Knowing people isn't enough you need YEARS of experience to even considered for an entry level job.
Mohawk College Student
Camera Operator and Lighting Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 March 2016
The everyday life as a student at Mohawk College is great the faculty are all willing to help out and help further there students into the industry. I don't even know where to start on what I have learned attending Mohawk. But the students around me definitely make the experience a little more enjoyable.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 February 2016
nice friendly environment and nice work hours. Pay is not very high but there are a lot of team activities. Usually 9-5 job.
Overall a good place to work
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 November 2015
Management has some issues however the benefits, salary and work environment are all good. Most of the current employee's don't realize how good they have it
Was fun working
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 November 2015
Learned a lot working in the lab and at the same time helping student with their lab work.Helped me to build excellent communications skills
The people are very friendly. They tried their best to answer all of my questions.
IELTS Clerical Marker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 June 2015
The people are very friendly. They tried their best to answer all of my questions when I had troubles helping my clients. The supervisor is a very knowledgeable and nice person.
Great team of professionals
Computer Lab Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 April 2015
Highly attentive and kind teachers, pleasure to work with. Lots of opportunity for improvement that is welcomed by the peers.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 April 2015
Such a great experience. The people made me feel very comfortable. I really enjoyed spending my work placement at this location.

4.5