MOHAWK COLLEGE Employee Reviews in Canada

Encouraging and fulfilling workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2016
Working for Mohawk College has been a wonderful experience for me. I have made meaningful connections with my colleagues and enjoyed my tasks and position.
Impossible to be hired
President's Office Student Services (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 28, 2016
Great people to work with, but so hard to actually get your foot in the door here. Knowing people isn't enough you need YEARS of experience to even considered for an entry level job.
Mohawk College Student
Camera Operator and Lighting Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 24, 2016
The everyday life as a student at Mohawk College is great the faculty are all willing to help out and help further there students into the industry. I don't even know where to start on what I have learned attending Mohawk. But the students around me definitely make the experience a little more enjoyable.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
nice friendly environment and nice work hours. Pay is not very high but there are a lot of team activities. Usually 9-5 job.
Overall a good place to work
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 20, 2015
Management has some issues however the benefits, salary and work environment are all good. Most of the current employee's don't realize how good they have it
Was fun working
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 8, 2015
Learned a lot working in the lab and at the same time helping student with their lab work.Helped me to build excellent communications skills
The people are very friendly. They tried their best to answer all of my questions.
IELTS Clerical Marker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 30, 2015
The people are very friendly. They tried their best to answer all of my questions when I had troubles helping my clients. The supervisor is a very knowledgeable and nice person.
Great team of professionals
Computer Lab Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 16, 2015
Highly attentive and kind teachers, pleasure to work with. Lots of opportunity for improvement that is welcomed by the peers.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 14, 2015
Such a great experience. The people made me feel very comfortable. I really enjoyed spending my work placement at this location.
Very Good Place to work
Support Officer, Co-op & Career Services (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 7, 2015
Mohawk college is a very good place to work at. People are friendly, good benefits. everything is offered on the site.
Reasonable hours of working.
Productive, flexible, and cooperative workplace
Part-Time teaching (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON, CanadaMarch 8, 2015
Productive, flexible, and cooperative workplace. Advanced Lab equipment.Respect employees. Thoughtful and wise management. High level academic services and variety of specializations. High technical level of research and development for the final year students.
Class curriculum sufficient for entry level into workforce
AutoCAD Drafting one year course (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 16, 2014
AutoCAD course provided necessary skills and encouraged relevant methods of search for engineering specifications applicable to the drafting of several forms of mechanical work.
Too much fun
VOLUNTEER INVOLVEMENT (Current Employee) –  HamiltonDecember 9, 2014
It was a good experience to see people from different parts of world. There were many different activities which interacts peoples interest.
Had good experience in School
Working Teacher Assistance (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 13, 2014
While i was in school , i had a lot of activies with computers . that y i plan to change to become dba
Great place to work at.
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 7, 2014
Time was my own to work at. No one to account time to. Knew what needed to be done and for when. Order parts at my desecration.
Pros
6 hr work days
Challenging
Language Studies Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Provided opportunities to work with a diverse student population. Encouraged facility with blended learning.
Mohawk is a College, where education comes first
Student Services, Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 17, 2014
I worked as a peer tutor on campus between classes. Students would request assistance and tutors would be notified and provided a schedule upon booking sessions. The job worked great in between classes with the occasional booking that would not fit perfectly within your class schedule. It was sufficient compensation. The hardest part of the job was watching your peer struggle with information that made perfect sense to you. The best part of the job was when you were able to assist the student in understanding and you can see the lightbulb-go-on written on their face.
Pros
assisting others in their learning journey
Cons
wish there were more hours available
Entertaining and Fun workplace
Graphics Designer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 10, 2014
The most enjoyable part of job was working on the game days. Watching volleyball matches and basketball matches and uploading the videos and creating graphics on the same time.
Free lunch/ snacks.
Exceptional gain of knowledge and experience
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Risk Management , Security and InvestigationsJuly 30, 2014
With hands on practice and extensive knowledge from this program, I am well trained to perform with professionalism.I have learned everything from surveillance, to arrest and use of force techniques. All instructors are police, military or fraud specialists. We were expected to maintain a high standard of ethics and detailed quality work.
Pros
i left with more credentials and licenses than i expected to equip me for the workforce.
Cons
very hard program, you had to stay on top of your game.
Great Place to Work
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 26, 2014
Full support between Mohawk College and their Peer Tutors.

4.5