MOHAWK COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Overall a good place to work
Helpdesk Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 20, 2015
Management has some issues however the benefits, salary and work environment are all good. Most of the current employee's don't realize how good they have it
Fun and interesting with the satisfaction of helping educate others.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 10, 2016
Typically, instructor and I arrive half an hour ahead of class and discuss the lesson plan with the program coordinator. Lab equipment is setup, medications are organized, and the lab rooms are prepared. During the class, I assist in the answering of any questions the students may have and also help guide the students through the PharmaClik software, while the professor instructs the class. In addition to these general duties, I aid in the supervision of the class and course materials as well as the marking of assignment/tests and grade input. I find the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction/rewarding feeling I receive when being able to help students achieve set academic goals, while the hardest part of the job would be managing the class time to efficiently work through the material while answering all student questions, ensuring that each pupil has an equivalent understanding of the covered material by the end of class.
Pros
Great wage, paid lunch, wonderful workplace environment.
Cons
One shift per week.
Very flexible, helpful supervisors, and great learning environment
Technologist Helper (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Mohawk College, they were very understanding of the fact that I was still in school making the hours very flexible. All of the employers I worked with were very helpful and nice when instructing me on what to do or how to do it. It was a great experience for me to learn a different side of engineering besides my program of study. Overall a fantastic working position.
Pros
Perfect for a student, super flexible and great learning experience.
Cons
All the rooms were locked so I had to wait often to get help if no one was around.
Mohawk College Student
Camera Operator and Lighting Technician (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 24, 2016
The everyday life as a student at Mohawk College is great the faculty are all willing to help out and help further there students into the industry. I don't even know where to start on what I have learned attending Mohawk. But the students around me definitely make the experience a little more enjoyable.
Really fun
Camp counsellor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 17, 2016
It was fun to teaching the kids how to play basketball helping them new learn new moves, drill and etc it was fun and I would definately do it again
Mohawk is a College, where education comes first
Student Services, Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 17, 2014
I worked as a peer tutor on campus between classes. Students would request assistance and tutors would be notified and provided a schedule upon booking sessions. The job worked great in between classes with the occasional booking that would not fit perfectly within your class schedule. It was sufficient compensation. The hardest part of the job was watching your peer struggle with information that made perfect sense to you. The best part of the job was when you were able to assist the student in understanding and you can see the lightbulb-go-on written on their face.
Pros
assisting others in their learning journey
Cons
wish there were more hours available
Impossible to be hired
President's Office Student Services (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 28, 2016
Great people to work with, but so hard to actually get your foot in the door here. Knowing people isn't enough you need YEARS of experience to even considered for an entry level job.
Encouraging and fulfilling workplace
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 9, 2016
Working for Mohawk College has been a wonderful experience for me. I have made meaningful connections with my colleagues and enjoyed my tasks and position.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
nice friendly environment and nice work hours. Pay is not very high but there are a lot of team activities. Usually 9-5 job.
Very Good Place to work
Support Officer, Co-op & Career Services (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 7, 2015
Mohawk college is a very good place to work at. People are friendly, good benefits. everything is offered on the site.
Reasonable hours of working.
Was fun working
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 8, 2015
Learned a lot working in the lab and at the same time helping student with their lab work.Helped me to build excellent communications skills
Fun place to work with a friendly staff who are always willing to help out.
Peer Tutor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 21, 2014
=>I would sit down wait for student to arrive for a tutoring session and further help them with any subject that i am available to teach.

=>I learned how to coup with students that have different ways to learn so leaned to adjust to every different student style of teaching

=> the management was very kind and would always help me for anything that was need to be done.

=> the hardest part of my job was to make sure that each student was learning to the best of their ability and to to teach them as much as i can to improve academic excellence

=> I enjoyed teaching students and the after effect when they received better grades because of my teaching skills
Pros
we would recieve free lunches when attended meetings
Cons
pay was minimum wage
A busy work environment working to assist students with learning challenges to succeed in their academic life goals.
External Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJuly 19, 2012
Depending on the role called for, a typical day here may include suprvising exams, providing specific accomodations for students with special needs, assisting students to research, proofread and edit reports and essays, note-taking in the classroom, reviewing classroom notes, tutoring, providing adaptive software to assist students, preparing materials, administrative tasks in the office, providing information to students and instructors as well as providing emotional support to students.
Day-to-day work is varied and you need to be prepared for anything to happen. No two work days are ever the same.
Management is supportive and available, though independent thought and decision-making are encouraged, guided by protocol and office outlines.
Co-workers work together as a team;excellent support when faced by a crisis situation.
The hardest part of the job is walking in being prepared for anything that may occur that day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students and seeing them successfully and happily complete their college diploma or certificate.
Pros
work schedule is flexible to meet your needs.
Cons
long hours and unusual times, including weekends or late evenings.
Team co-ordination and enjoyment with co-workers.
VOLUNTEER INVOLVEMENT (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 23, 2013
From my previous experience I learned that how we have to maintain the time-management and team co-ordination through out the work. Moreover, we have to treat our co-workers and clients/customers in a friendly way and whenever they need, we have to help them. Instead of this, the hardest part of the job is to handle the persons of violent nature. But, beside this, i would like to say that if we will do our job with full devotion to our work and with honesty and pure heart; and if we treat in a friendly way to each-other then we can enjoy our work a-lot.
Fun work place. Working on the games days.
Video Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 17, 2014
Working on the games day (Basketball and Volleyball Matches) is much more fun than working another days.
Pros
free lunch and snacks
Cons
long hours and long breaks between the games is boring.
The people are very friendly. They tried their best to answer all of my questions.
IELTS Clerical Marker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 30, 2015
The people are very friendly. They tried their best to answer all of my questions when I had troubles helping my clients. The supervisor is a very knowledgeable and nice person.
Productive, flexible, and cooperative workplace
Part-Time teaching (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON, CanadaMarch 8, 2015
Productive, flexible, and cooperative workplace. Advanced Lab equipment.Respect employees. Thoughtful and wise management. High level academic services and variety of specializations. High technical level of research and development for the final year students.
Great workplace, I love my job there, I gain the optimum job satisfaction
Professor/lab instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 2, 2012
I enjoy teaching students; I achieve job satisfaction when I do that because at the end of the day I feel satisfied about my students and what they have learned, and satisfied about achieving that.

Everyday I learn from the student’s questions and queries; I learn exactly what their need is and I improve my method of teaching accordingly.

The department provides everything that the faculty and students may need and keeps the right environment at all times.

My co-workers are very co operatives when I need their help and cheerful at all times.

The hardest part of the job is the time I spend in marking, it takes much time to mark and put my comments on each and every answer to let students learn from their reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of every session when I hear it from the students that they had already learned a new task or technique that will help them perform in a right manner and with confidence at the workplace
Exceptional gain of knowledge and experience
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Risk Management , Security and InvestigationsJuly 30, 2014
With hands on practice and extensive knowledge from this program, I am well trained to perform with professionalism.I have learned everything from surveillance, to arrest and use of force techniques. All instructors are police, military or fraud specialists. We were expected to maintain a high standard of ethics and detailed quality work.
Pros
i left with more credentials and licenses than i expected to equip me for the workforce.
Cons
very hard program, you had to stay on top of your game.
Great team of professionals
Computer Lab Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 16, 2015
Highly attentive and kind teachers, pleasure to work with. Lots of opportunity for improvement that is welcomed by the peers.

4.5