MOHAWK COLLEGE

MOHAWK COLLEGE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Entertaining and Fun workplace
Graphics Designer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 10, 2014
The most enjoyable part of job was working on the game days. Watching volleyball matches and basketball matches and uploading the videos and creating graphics on the same time.
Free lunch/ snacks.
Great Place to Work
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMay 26, 2014
Full support between Mohawk College and their Peer Tutors.
Fun place to work with a friendly staff who are always willing to help out.
Peer Tutor (Part-time) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 21, 2014
Pros: we would recieve free lunches when attended meetings
Cons: pay was minimum wage
=>I would sit down wait for student to arrive for a tutoring session and further help them with any subject that i am available to teach.

=>I learned how to coup with students that have different ways to learn so leaned to adjust to every different student style of teaching

=> the management was very kind and would always help me for anything that – more... was need to be done.

=> the hardest part of my job was to make sure that each student was learning to the best of their ability and to to teach them as much as i can to improve academic excellence

=> I enjoyed teaching students and the after effect when they received better grades because of my teaching skills – less
fun workplace with young people close to my age
P.A.S.S. Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKMay 7, 2014
The typical day of work will be going to class staying with students and have peer assisted study session after class. When I am working alone, it is the time I rewrite my notes, read through textbooks and find what the key concepts is to help students study better.
The most valuable thing I have learned is to effectively communicate. To use this in – more... my work, it becomes to offer help in different way to help student improve. For example, to observe students. Some receive knowledge better in practicing by themselves, but some only get things clear when they have seen a model problem solved step by step. To find students of different group is really a way to help me learn effectively communicate.
Every one of my co-workers has something that I could learn from. They all smart and hardworking. For example, one of my co-worker is really good at words. He made math class, which is supposed to be boring, interesting.
The hardest part of the job is the aim of the job, that to help students with their math. Students are not good at math for a reason. It really upsets me when students did not have improvement. Also, it really make me happy when students do well improve a lot , after my help. And this makes the most enjoyable part of job. Math is what I am good at, and what could be better than that using what you are good at to help people who are not good at it yet. – less
Fun work place. Working on the games days.
Video Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch and snacks
Cons: long hours and long breaks between the games is boring.
Working on the games day (Basketball and Volleyball Matches) is much more fun than working another days.
Good
Home Building/Renovation Technician (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 7, 2014
learned lots of theoritical and practical building practices in the carpentry industry , still have lots to learn and looking forward for the next year
Full fill satisfaction regarding my skills improvement
VOLUNTEER or COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT (Former Employee), MohawkcollegeDecember 5, 2013
I got great co-op experience through this college.
Which helps me to sharp my testing skills
Great people with many fun and exciting activities.
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Hamilton, OntarioNovember 27, 2013
Learned how to work better in team atmosphere on challenging tasks, designing and developing marketing plans for small and large businesses. Also identified issues with businesses by creating situation analysis to improve current standings in the market or in profit.
amazing workplace
Computing assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 28, 2013
getting stuff in order, learned how to managed my time, and how to work under pressure.
Share my talent and helping students with their course difficulty
Peer Tutor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 11, 2013
I need to teach business program students, I like to share my experience in studying these course also helping students understand the course material. and i like to build a long term relationship with my students
Productive, creative, great team work experience
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 17, 2013
Pros: everything
Study in the ELT Creative thinking program. It is a great experience to meet great teachers and excellent professionals willing to help.

Enjoy the creative activities and the team work in a daily basis.

Volunteer collaborated with the logo, illustration and cover design for ESL Voices seasonal student's magazine.
student job
Tutor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 28, 2013
Good way to study and get paid at the same time. work with a wide variety of personalities.
Fast-paced, reputable company
Part-time Project (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 29, 2013
Pros: great rate of pay, flexible hours
Cons: month to month contract
A typical day is a 9-5 shift in a very busy environment. Management are very knowledgeable, encouraging and respectful. The most enjoyable part of the job is going to work with such great people.
Aviation Technologist
Technologist (Current Employee), Hamilton AirportFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: busy fun
Cons: only 24 hours a week
No day is the same, some days I am purchasing, handing out tools
receiving aircraft part, helping the students with projects,administrative paperwork, as well a quality assurance
Team co-ordination and enjoyment with co-workers.
VOLUNTEER INVOLVEMENT (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 23, 2013
From my previous experience I learned that how we have to maintain the time-management and team co-ordination through out the work. Moreover, we have to treat our co-workers and clients/customers in a friendly way and whenever they need, we have to help them. Instead of this, the hardest part of the job is to handle the persons of violent nature. But, – more... beside this, i would like to say that if we will do our job with full devotion to our work and with honesty and pure heart; and if we treat in a friendly way to each-other then we can enjoy our work a-lot. – less
Refreshing memory and help other students
Tutoring (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: introduced to new people and help them
Learn how to deal with different students everyday.
Helping others.
Time management.
Hardest part was make sure that you will be able to convey the message for the students and require using different teaching plans depends on the student.
Student Focused
Assessment Centre/Research Assistant (Former Employee), HamiltonOctober 16, 2012
Booking appointments, administering standardized tests, informing students and parents of students. Team oriented atmosphere.
A busy work environment working to assist students with learning challenges to succeed in their academic life goals.
External Tutor (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 19, 2012
Pros: work schedule is flexible to meet your needs.
Cons: long hours and unusual times, including weekends or late evenings.
Depending on the role called for, a typical day here may include suprvising exams, providing specific accomodations for students with special needs, assisting students to research, proofread and edit reports and essays, note-taking in the classroom, reviewing classroom notes, tutoring, providing adaptive software to assist students, preparing materials, – more... administrative tasks in the office, providing information to students and instructors as well as providing emotional support to students.
Day-to-day work is varied and you need to be prepared for anything to happen. No two work days are ever the same.
Management is supportive and available, though independent thought and decision-making are encouraged, guided by protocol and office outlines.
Co-workers work together as a team;excellent support when faced by a crisis situation.
The hardest part of the job is walking in being prepared for anything that may occur that day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the students and seeing them successfully and happily complete their college diploma or certificate. – less
Great workplace, I love my job there, I gain the optimum job satisfaction
Professor/lab instructor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 2, 2012
I enjoy teaching students; I achieve job satisfaction when I do that because at the end of the day I feel satisfied about my students and what they have learned, and satisfied about achieving that.

Everyday I learn from the student’s questions and queries; I learn exactly what their need is and I improve my method of teaching accordingly.

The department – more... provides everything that the faculty and students may need and keeps the right environment at all times.

My co-workers are very co operatives when I need their help and cheerful at all times.

The hardest part of the job is the time I spend in marking, it takes much time to mark and put my comments on each and every answer to let students learn from their reports.

The most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of every session when I hear it from the students that they had already learned a new task or technique that will help them perform in a right manner and with confidence at the workplace – less
What I learned
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Hamilton OntarioMay 1, 2012
Pros: student discounts
Cons: more work, less studying
Working at Mohawk college, i learned to be patient with students.
I learned to understand the different cultures and different personalities because i dealt with students all day. I also learned how to find books in the library and what's out there for us to find.